Joining BPO and Call Centre after twelth standard

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Padmash, May 14, 2008.

1. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi friends...

i would really like to know is it correct for the students passing out twelth standard exams and joining bpo and call centres. We can see qualifications for the BPO and call centre is only twelth standard and english fluency. Now a days we can see so many teenagers joining mnc for this job. I really feel sad when i see these youngsters trapped in such job. In the starting it is really good getting good salary, modern lifestyle, so many fascilities. But after few years its no more fascinating. I think bpo and call centrs is added as one subject in karnatka state board. Main question if our younger people will join such jobs what about the future technology. Will we get any more scientist?
    Upto some extent it is ok as we have section of society which cannot afford for their children education after certain period so i think this is golden chance for them to earn and learn. And it is true we can see many who were not so privileged are doing good noe struggling for the betterment. BPO and call centres have definitely revolutionised life of our youths. But only matter of concern is that if everyone joins there will we be able to get good techhologists, scientist, medical professional or will our nation be able to get another noble prize winner in future.....

Last edited: May 14, 2008

2. vidhya parani

vidhya parani Senior IL'ite

hi padma,
    this issue is a tricky one..like you mention, it is a boon for those parents who cant afford to educate their children beyond a point..but at the same time, some middle class kids who can study further take up these jobs as a short cut to earn quick money and indulge in their obsessions without having to ask for a coin from parents...i have always felt that we have very narrow ideas about what studies our children should take up...wherever we see, parents want their children to become a doctor or engineer..i agree these are noble professions taken up by very intelligent people...but our country needs great minds in all other fields also isnt it? otherwise how can we aspire to improve things..now call centres and BPOs is the latest craze...my father is a retired chemistry professor..he always says that every year, cream of the students opt for professional courses and pure science has very less takers...even those who come to study these courses are made to feel like they are rejected for something greater...that is really bad, they will probably feel defeated right at the start of their lives...and some of them might resort to call centre/BPO jobs as a means to redress their lost self esteem...we should stop acting as though 12th std is some sort of acid test to prove the mettle of a child...there is much more than that in life..isnt it..even i stood first in my district in 12th std..and felt immensely proud of it then...now i realise it is not that important to score great in 12th std to be successful in life...

3. vkdjk

vkdjk New IL'ite

A good way to earn money while you learn

4. konkana

konkana New IL'ite

It will be good if they do it as part time along with studies