Join the club! Membership FREE !!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Paulina, Dec 7, 2010.

1. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Paulina, he curls up to the max possible while sleeping on the floor. Otherwise he tries to sleep on our bed which he is not allowed to. So I thought may the AC was very cool for him, so got him his bed. Probably, you are right? I am all for buying him another bigger bed, but I am worried what if he does not like that too? lol
    Nope, do you think any prey can escape from him? lol :D He eats anything that walks, flies, swims, crawls, you name it! notdonesmiley

1 person likes this.
  2. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

Rusty being cute at the park...
    peekaboo.jpg

2 people like this.
  3. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

RUSTY, dear boy.....gotcha! You handsome roly poly guy...you will never win this 'Peek-a-Boo' game sweet heart....we can see you clearly shining forth from the depths of the green green grass.No luck even if you close your lovely black eyes...we all have our eyes wide open and we found you in a jiffy! LOL
    How can all the girlie doggies miss spotting such a handsome boy doggie?
    Mamma, take good care of your sonny boy ...you need eyes even at the back of your head to make sure no one runs off with your sonny boy...Thank your lucky stars that I'm so far away separated by oceans and mountains, I'd be the first to kidnap your cute RUSTY boy.
    Lovely pic ...as usual your photographic skills win....of course full marks go to such a willing model like Rusty too!

2 people like this.
  4. Paulina

Hi Iswariya,

Catching up on Chico versus Bed!

Probably, you are right? I am all for buying him another bigger bed, but I am worried what if he does not like that too? lol

You can try getting a thick rug that can be spread on the floor as near to the AC blast of cold air .Thats what we have done for our Lab Romeo .Though o fcourse more than half the time the rug would get pushed aside and we wake up in the morning to see the rug lying in a heap far away with Romeo on the cold floor !! Thats the way he wants it , so we leave it .Some days he does not do that.I guess they know what suits them best.Our Basset Hound Juju curls up on our bed and does not fancy the floor or too much of the AC.

As for the insects, Its the same with the whole Doggie clan.They just cannot resist ......sheer fun for them , the stalking , the final attack and the crunch crunch as they revel in the yummy taste! Some how Mother Nature looks after their tummies and no great harm is done.Anyway we must keep their de-worming schedule up to date to ensure that all debris gets cleared out periodically.
    Looking forward to more pics of your debonair CHICO.

1 person likes this.
  5. iswaryadevi

Hi Paulina, and others,

I owe it to you and the others who have been following Chico's posts about his latest updates. Unfortunately, my husband and I are moving abroad in a few months and have decided to give him up for adoption. We explored various options including taking him with us, but all alone in a new country and both of us working, we are not sure if we can give him the needed care, and we are not even sure if he can adjust to the new environment. Hence this decision. It is a very tough decision for us, and I try to not think about it too much. We are looking for new owners for him now. It was a pleasure having him for the past 1 year, and it sounds so hard to even think of leaving him behind. But sometimes God puts us in situations where we cant help ourselves. Now our first priority is to neuter him so that he does not fall into bad hands (breeders) by mistake and then find him a loving home who will treat him like the baby he is. Please wish him lots of luck and prayers to find him a good home.

Will definitely keep posting updates till the last day I have him, which will probably be another month or so. Thanks all for the various support and help I got from this forum! :)

Below is his latest pic! :)

IMG_20140621_211619.jpg

1 person likes this.
  6. deepslikes

So sorry to hear of your situation Iswarya. All my prayers and best wishes are with you and Chico. Hope you find a wonderful home for him.

1 person likes this.
  7. iswaryadevi

Thanks a lot deepslikes! Fingers crossed... :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Paulina

Iswarya dear,

Deeply saddened to hear the news that CHICO will be soon leaving you for another home. I can imagine the amount of pain you must be undergoing after this decision to give up Chico and now the sheer tension of making sure he gets a loving home.
    We are going to miss his pics here and also reading about his antics.
    Do post more pics before he leaves....shall be in touch about any loving family willing to take over.

1 person likes this.
  9. iswaryadevi

Thank you so much Paulina! :)

10. deepslikes

Rusty, the goal keeper!
    Goal.jpg

4 people like this.