Join the club! Membership FREE !!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Paulina, Dec 7, 2010.

1. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

Can we get Kong toys in Chennai? I quickly googled and see that some Indian sites offer Kong, but not sure how reliable they are.
    Kong toys are pretty durable and the only ones that I have been able to use for years now. Unfortunately they are a bit boring and the dogs lose interest after 5-10 minutes, at a stretch.
    I have 'Kong extreme' (KONG Extreme Medium, Kong Toys, Kong, Online Pet Shop, Buy Dog Products, Pet Stores India | DogSpot.in) which can be stuffed with treats to increase dog's interest.
    And 'Kong Hippo' (I think it might be this, but mine isn't jelly-like, it is very firm - KONG Squeezz Jels Hippo Dog Toy Medium, Dog Squeaker Toy, Kong, Online Pet Shop, Buy Dog Products, Pet Stores India | DogSpot.in) It is a squeaky, so they play for a few minutes after I squeak it and give to them.

The toy in the pic is now missing the tail, ears and bursting at the seams... :) But that is still a lot better than a lot of previous toys I got my fosters. Rusty is a comparatively good boy in this regard. He is gentle with some soft toys but rips open others - not sure what catches his fancy.
    Since he is gentle with some, I keep getting him toys to test their luck :)

2 people like this.
  2. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply deeps! I have ordered the 'Kong extreme' toy. But I am not risking my ear drum on the squeaky toy notdonesmiley Hope this toy lasts for some time. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. deepslikes

Let's hope it lasts! (also hope you got the correct size as per his weight.. sorry, forgot to mention that..)

4. deepslikes

Rusty isn't such a good boy, after all.
    Rusty1.jpg

4 people like this.
  5. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Pictures of Rusty boy with his new toy are superb.You have clicked them so well in perfect order by starting with his cautious examination, then the trial little bite graduating to full scale massive attack bent on total destruction of the cute toy that became a dangerous enemy in Rusty's eyes!!
    What remains is a little heap of rags I guess! Did you get him more toys?
    Is he like this with all toys or just that he did not fancy the colour YELLOW?!!

1 person likes this.
  6. Paulina

:eek:mg: What have we here now?
    RUSTY a murderer? No no no ...deeps how can you do this to dear RUSTY?I'm going to consult SPCA folks on the ethics of this case!
    According to psychiatrists, when kids( till the age of 7) do atrocious things they are not to be blamed.Their parents are at fault and they have to pay the penalty .Now in RUSTY's case ,you dear deeps are at fault.Why did you give him this cute toy? Naturally he will tear it apart as soon as his teeth sink in and he cannot resist the temptation to do so .You should only give him such toys that he will not be able to tear apart like some hard material.LOL
    Ok Ok...just kidding!
    Lovely poster of RUSTY in the 'WANTED for MURDER' section.
    great photoshop work there.....must get tips on 'how to do it' from you.

1 person likes this.
  7. deepslikes

:) I accept the responsibility, lol. I got him one more toy for his birthday, but no more for a while (April 26th is his birthday, as per his medicals records - not really sure how accurate the date is though- sometimes, the vet may fill it approximately)

His birthday pic (at the park)..
    10274071_272257216289897_7800637325031983726_n.jpg

5 people like this.
  8. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Someone got a new bed and is pretty happy with it! lol But only until play time. After playing, he still prefers to sleep on the floor! thinkingsmiley

IMG_20140507_232208.jpg

Apparently stalking a prey needs lots of patience! Silly pup! :D (the prey was nothing but a teeny weeny insect
    faintingsmiley)

prey.jpg

3 people like this.
  9. Paulina

Hi Iswarya,
    That's a great gift and very apt choice of designs on the cover....doggy bones etc.But CHICO knows best ofcourse! Look what a decent little doggy he is .He appreciates it well enough till his snooze time when he opts for the floor.
    Surely you can't expect a tall lanky guy like him to curl up in there do you ?
    What fabulous long limbs he has , and he has to stretch right? So the floor it will be !
    This cute sleeping basket can be saved up for his little pups when he gets a promotion as DAD.At best , it can hold 4 pups ....German Shepherds are Large breeds and need a lot of space for sure.

The next pic of CHICO stalking the poor insect is superb ....how did it all end ? Hope the insect escaped with Chico's hunting mood fading out!
    Or is it the other way round? Perhaps Chico knew that he was at the risk of getting bitten or stung in the process of the hunt and decided to call it quits and the insect crawled away.
    Lovely pics ...thanx for sharing.

2 people like this.
  10. Paulina

Hi deeps,

What a lovely pic of Birthday boy RUSTY.

His birthday wish really brought tears to my eyes....how I wish I could be the good fairy to grant him the wish.If there were no oceans or mountaiuns to cross I would have gladly made sure he gets a Forever Home
    in my home in good company with R & J.
    Such a cute doggy should have folks competing to adopt him.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.