Join the club! Membership FREE !!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Paulina, Dec 7, 2010.

1. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

My 'Chico' @ 7.5 months! He is getting BIG and TALL, but not putting weight! :( Not sure where I am going wrong? Asked my vet about it, but he says the diet I am giving him is fine, and may be he is petite by birth? I still wish he gains more weight!

Anyways, he is such a cutie now, and never leaves our side. In fact, before this pic was taken, I was sitting on our sofa, he climbed my lap, and slowly made sure he had more space than me and then totally took over my place! :rant :)

IMG_20131030_204358.jpg

4 people like this.
  2. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi iswarya,

As a doting Mom you are worrying about your sonny boy even after being assured by your Vet. Chico is only 7.5 months and he is fine for his age.Look at his paws they are a perfect size. Actually you should worry if he is listless and lethargic or not eating well .If he is active and playing happily you need not fear at all . This is his lanky teenage look.Actually it is a good thing he is lean.Overweight and chubby look is cute no doubt and cuddly too but health issues like hip and joint problems will set in early in life.
    Our Lab Romeo is 7 years and weighs 46 kgs extremely heavy and is suffering from arthritis .Labs are more prone to weight problems as they are hearty eaters...our doggie can eat 24 hrs non stop if allowed to .He justs loves food ...any kind ....any thing edible. If he is not given enough he'll bark his head off !! Its a major problem for us now .So let Chico maintain his lean looks .He will be more agile in later years.As long as his health parameters are normal . leave things .Don't overfeed as we did !
    Lovely to see his pic.Do keep posting pics often.

1 person likes this.
  3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Tina with tikka.jpg

Pooja times, "TILAK" on forehead. Here is my little boy all set for the pooja. Looks elegant, doesn't he!

2 people like this.
  4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Tiny4302.jpg

We feed more than 100 street dogs everyday, I feel guilty of not sharing their pictures in this exclusive club thread for animals. They are all my kids and I love them a lot. Here you find our dogs of the street eating home cooked rice and chicken as meal every day. We go from street to street and they wait for us to serve them.

Attached Files:

4 people like this.
  5. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Hey Paulina, thank you sooo much for your reply. I feel better now! :)

The thing is everyone who sees him for the first time keep asking me why is he so lean, and I feel bad for him. :( But I agree with you, he is very active and guess I need not worry. :) Even Chico if allowed will eat anything 24/7, but I take care not to over feed. GSDs are known to get hip and joint problems, and I dont want him to suffer.

Will post more pics soon! :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Paulina

Hi Malsy,
    Lovely to see the pics of the doggies you and your band of devoted doggie lovers are taking care to feed and nourish.Honestly, seeing them made my eyes fill with tears of sadness and joy in turns . They look so helpless and knowing that good souls like you out there are caring for them made me feel happy.
    All the doggies in the pics look well nourished thanks to your care.Surely the Good Lord up there will send His blessings down .......meanwhile , here's wishing you all success as you move ahead erasing the hunger pangs of these adorable ones.
    Shall get in touch with your Trust to do my teeny weeny bit to join you as you venture out each day for this noble deed.

2 people like this.
  7. Paulina

WOW! TINY is looking all holy and devout....deep meditation or chanting
    'Om Namo Narayanayah Namaha'!

The TILAK looks great on his forehead....lovely pic.

1 person likes this.
  8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Pauli, Thanks for those ever encouraging words. Our dogs are fed every day and no personal commitments come our way. Most of them have the attitude of "Let it pass, anyways they live on streets so they will pick from the garbage bin and eat". We are committed to our cause and we see to it that our dogs eat good food and that is the reason they look healthy. All help is always welcome, it is for a social cause.

1 person likes this.
  9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Tiny sits attentively when I recite shlokas and mantras, he also takes Kapoor Aarti, when I run my hand on him from the flame, he will let me do it. I do not restrict him in a room when I am performing poojas.

2 people like this.
  10. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

Here is my new friend Rusty...
    He is 6 years old, and very sweet :) I will post more pics later..
    Rusty.jpg

4 people like this.