Join the club! Membership FREE !!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Paulina, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

2. Paulina

Hi Custard,

The next set of pictures starring RUBY is lovely.
    Love her shiny coat and expressions .
    She is a real sweet heartand seems to be of a gentle disposition and lady like ...is that true or is she posing so?? Was she as naughty and boisterous as Pintu when she was a pup?

3. Paulina

Hi Kanaka,

Happy that you peeped in and liked R & J's pictures.

Both of them keep us entertained with their antics....can't imagine life without them!

4. Paulina

Hi prk,
    So happy to know you went thru all the pictures and like them.
    Yes, we were devastated when Juliet left us at the age of 14+.Her earlier pair Romeo left us in 2006 at age 11.When they were both around ,it was like having two furry toys .Poms /Spitz breed dogs are very self contained and not so demanding like Labs or Bassets!. The earlier pair were always indoors and slept under our beds .Theyirbasic food was rice and chicken and carrots.As to who was naughtier ? we have to say Juliet! Romeo was a gentleman and always gave in to her tantrums!
    Now with the new batch we have the huge Lab also named Romeo and the basset hound named Julius ( he is a BOY!) to keep the memory of Juliets name we chose the name of JUlius so we still have a R & J combo.
    They are both very hyper and energetic and need lot of attention .However,despite the problems of looking after them ,We wouldn't have it any other way and can't imagine life without our brats ! BTW they sleep on our beds unlike the other two earlier ones !!

5. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Just when I thought that burly Romeo would bask with all the pamper and make Juju serve him, what do I see ?

Poor Romeo breaking his head on how to crack a coconut and offer it to Juju.

Now this is what I call fraternal love.Polly, your pooches never stop to amaze me :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

Loved the pictures and sending my cuddles and snuggles to them.:biggrin2:

6. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

7. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

I just could not stop laughing ..yummy custard ! How could anyone be so imaginative :biglaugh:biglaugh

8. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Custard, Mickey is simply adorable and look at that debonair poise he posed for the snap.He would have been a heart throb in the neighbourhood when you would take him for walks , all the girlie doggies smitten with him and preening for hours to just impress him.

Sorry to hear the tragic loss of Mickey.You still have fond memories of him and the time spent together which would help you to overcome the grief stuck by this untimely death of a loved one.

9. Paulina

Hi Sabby,

Wonderful to have you stop by ....had a great laugh:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
    reading your FB ...liked the breaking coconut part....hilarious !
    Poor Romeo has to play second fiddle to Juju .However being a good natured Lab ,he tolerates Juju's bullying.

R & J send you their best woofies & waggies

10. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Though we do not have pet at home now,we are all very fond of animals especially dogs.We had a pom when we were young and had lovely time with him.My husband 's family always had a dog in their family and his siblings used to pet them more than they did their children......
    My sister in Chennai had a lovely spitts called Stephie,almost like human being,she could understand any feelings,emotions.Only thing she hated was bullock carts,where ever she was in the house,she used to race to chase them away.She always used to hide the things she loved in the back yard.Pretend to be quiet soul when the door bell rings at the arrival of milk man,dhobi or servant,as my sister goes inside she will show her true color....My sister was leaving in Pondicherry before and that too near a school ,the children used to come racing to play with her when ever they have free time,she knew each one by their names.During Navaratri she will be the first to take the guests to the room where the dolls have been displayed.We lost her in2009 at the age 15.My sister has always been giving food to several stray dogs and is active in rescuing dogs and cats.She used to give them food round the clock in her area and whenever she goes outside there will always be food items to be given to the animals she sees on the way.Paulina,thanks for giving me this space.
    My husband keeps telling me one fine day when we settle down,we will have a dog,I opt for Pug and he says GERMAN SHEPHERD,yeah we will have one one fine day........