Join the club! Membership FREE !!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Paulina, Dec 7, 2010.

1. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

Last week Spence got adopted, I hope he adapts well to the new home.

1 person likes this.
  2. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi deeps,

This is great news ....but at the same time I know how much you are missing him.Loved seeing the chappie grace the thread with adorable pics that you clicked....I'm going to miss that very much so I can imagine your case not having him around as usual.
    As I repeat , you are doing a noble job indeed ...caring for and loving such beauitiful beings like Spence and rehabilitating them with so much effort too .It must be fulfilling with a tinge of sadness at parting time .Guess Spence boy stayed with you the longest?
    Now I'm sure you are awaiting the arrival of another set of four paws and a constantly wagging tale to hug and cuddle up to . Looking forward to the new photos and posts of your next candidate...all the best for the New Year too.

1 person likes this.
  3. Paulina

Hi Rakinya,

Wow! Manikuttan looks fab. The first pic with the yellow eyes ....light reflection brings out the ferocious look! The studious look with the glasses on ...... very impressive , trying to look like an intellectual !
    Thanks for sharing . Do write about his activities or naughty deeds .He seems to be full of mischief and must be keeping you all entertained with a new trick every day .How old is he and what breed?

1 person likes this.
  4. Paulina

Hi deeps & Spence,

That is so cute ! Ok so you are the inspiration for this picture of Juju....copycat eh?? !LOL

Attached Files:

4 people like this.
  5. deepslikes

LOL... Juju sure looks tired after his chewing session. Cutie pie!

6. deepslikes

Happy New Year Paulina!... yes, missing Spence a lot, I had him for 8 months. I spoke to the adopter a few days back and she said that they were bonding well. I have asked her to add me as her FaceBook friend; I hope to be in touch via FB though she doesn't seem very active on it.. but maybe she will post a pic sometime :)

I wanted to take a bit of a break, but there's a dog called Spirit that has been in the kennel for past 6 months because he is a bit of a wild thing- not getting along with vets, other dogs, new people, groomers, etc. The rescue suggested I foster him since I don't have any other dogs - I got him home a couple of days ago .. poor thing has a bad leg(old accident), is very skinny and is quite dirty. We got instructions on how to treat him, what he likes and doesn't like - so taking it very slow until he trusts us. They suggested that we sedate him for an upcoming shot, maybe I can get him cleaned up and groom him a bit when he is sedated. Then I can start taking pics of him.. :) meanwhile just focusing on fattening him a bit.

2 people like this.
  7. Paulina

Great to hear about Spirit.....yes ofcourse you cannot think of a break when there is a sad forlorn little doggie waiting for you to hug him and make him feel well and heal fast and who else but you deeps can do it .How I wish I was somewhere there I would have loved to do the same.Here's wishing you a very Happy New Year that will see you enriching the lives of more and more doggie pals there.When I see the pics you post I just cannot understand how folks can abandon such loving dogs ....their eyes just melt my heart and makes me cry....anyway as long as there are goodhearted folks like you deeps these dogs will always find a saviour.
    All the best for Spirits recovery and getting fattened up...what breed is he?

8. deepslikes

Hi Paulina, Spirit is a cocker spaniel... will post some pics soon... whether he lets me clean him up or not :)

9. rakinya

rakinya Platinum IL'ite

Thanks paulina ma'am. Actually i don't know his breed. I got him from my neighbor's house. He is 8 years old.

10. Paulina

Hi rakinya,
    Wow! 8 years old ! He looks around 1/2 with those eyes full of mischief. Actually it hardly matters what breed he is ,does it? He has stolen your hearts and become a very integral part of your family and your daily routine. All dogs are devoted and loyal and offer unconditional love to their equally loving owners .....that is what is so special about owning a pet doggie.
    Came across this pic expressing a doggies thoughts on us humans...thought of sharing ...every word rings so true..
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.