Join the club! Membership FREE !!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Paulina, Dec 7, 2010.

1. newsoul

newsoul Bronze IL'ite

love your lab! he is soooo cute!

2. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

PrettyBoy.jpg
    Luke, a three year old cocker spaniel, was found as a stray and was taken in by the rescue center. He was immediately adopted but he snapped at the adopter and she returned him - she had little kids and didn't want to take any risks.

He was neutered recently - maybe that triggered the aggression. But anyway he was back to the rescue and I was asked to foster him since I was just involved with KK's training around aggression. So I went to the kennel to pick him up and as the lady released him, he high-jumped onto the counter to sniff me :) Within hours of getting him home, I could see he was not a 'normal' dog. He is a cat in a
    dog's body. He routinely jumped onto tables, chairs, counters, window ledges and made himself comfortable on them.
    Ledge.jpg
    He is very smart and playful and funny and there's always an impish twinkle in his eyes. The only time I noticed aggression was when he I tried to clean his eyes/ears.

Within two weeks, a couple adopted him. They lived 600 miles away, but saw his pics and fell in love. They drove 400 miles and we drove 200 miles to shorten their journey a bit. Luke is now well loved and happy. I am friends with the adopter on facebook and regularly get to see his pics.

Slept.jpg

5 people like this.
  3. deepslikes

S.jpg
    Spence is a 5 year old cocker spaniel mix. He had to be given up by his owner because he got an ear infection. His owner's grandson has cystic fibrosis which made the ear infection deadly.

He is very sweet but is hesitant with new people and things. He hid under tables for the first week until he was sure we meant no harm. He also gets very anxious when there is a thunder storm that he pees in terror.

He's been with me for six months. He now loves to snuggle and is very attached to me, he tags along everywhere with me. His favorite word is 'walk', he hears it, he first stares in disbelief, then his face lights up, and he starts jumping around like crazy. He loves looking at and chasing birds.

Though a few people showed interest, somehow nothing worked out... He is not good with other dogs maybe that is why.. Anyways, he is so sweet - everyday I have with him is a gift.

S2.jpg
    More pics later..

4 people like this.
  4. deepslikes

sw.jpg

I was going through my wedding pics today and found this...
    In the photo within the photo is my dear pom Snoopy who passed away in 2004.. I posted a pic of him earlier..( http://www.indusladies.com/forums/p...-the-club-membership-free-35.html#post2240742 )
    I wanted to include him in my wedding so put his photo on the stage (after the talambralu) and tried to feed him a shaadi ka laddoo. He couldn't eat through the photo so I ate the laddoo instead.
    In his actual photo, we put him in a cupboard as if he were a showpiece and clicked the pic.

1 person likes this.
  5. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Paulina..visiting this forum after a while...
    R&J.. look wonderful.. Juju has really grown..hope to meet them one day.. the fact that they gave you a "cold Shoulder" after your Kerala trip .. sounds so "human".. but doggies are the most forgiving creatures .. one belly rub and all their anger is forgotten..
    I shall post Harleys pics shortly..
    K

2 people like this.
  6. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Deeps..
    saw all your lovely furry friendly visitors.. I think you are doing such a lovely job of getting home these orphaned doggies and showering unconditional love and affection on them and then driving 200 miles just that luke could get a loving parent is a priceless gesture.. GOD BLESS YOU.. Hope Spence finds a home ..he looks so adorable..
    take care and love to all the doggies who you care for
    K

1 person likes this.
  7. sanri

sanri Bronze IL'ite

Hi paulina mam....

How are you. Visiting the indusladies after a long time. My hatchiko keeps me occupied all the time. You know what i have created his face book profile and page.....sounds crazy..isnt it.....yeah i love to get crazy for my hatchu...lols..... And Yes. I love my dog. | Facebook......
    Please reply if you see this message and still remembers me.....
    Sanri.......

2 people like this.
  8. sanri

sanri Bronze IL'ite

Kelly...i would love to see harley......so nice to find you here......pls create his fb profile and send request...i have created hatchiko profile nd fb page...... And Yes. I love my dog. | Facebook
    I remember harley.....handsome dude....
    Hatchiko mom
    Sanri

9. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear dear deeps,
    Arriving very very late....soooo sorreee!!
    As always, your posts are splendid and the photos are adorable....makes we wish I could just fly in and hug those two cuties Luke & Spence.When I first glimpsed Luke's firstpic I felt I was looking at a LEONINE face....he has such a majestic head ! looks like a lions mane starting out up there...and the colour! absolutely divine! his chocolaty brown eyes look so innocent too.I'm really turning GREEN with ENVY, I must confess...lucky you! so many doggies to cuddle and pamper.
    Luke's coat looks so well groomed and you as the director of photography here have come up with excellent poses.His fur looks so silky satiny and shiny....a perfect AD for a hair conditioner! Deeps, you really take excellent care about grooming...and you enjoy it too !
    Happy to know Luke is settled well with a loving family now and you keep in touch.Great work!

1 person likes this.
  10. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Moving over to your present companion SPENCE...what gorgeous curls this doggie has !
    Interesting to read about his antics.I'm sure with your doting on him, he'll outgrow his fears soon.
    His eyes look very much like my Basset hound Juju's eyes.
    What a fabulous collection of cocker spaniels you have befriended and cared for all along.I can imagine the countless times your camera must have clicked them all .You must be finding it so fulfilling and heartwarming.
    Keep it up !

1 person likes this.