1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Join me : 15 months - 18 months babies, lets share there food, speech training etc

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by sweetyk, Mar 14, 2013.

1. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

Re: Join me : 15 months - 18 months babies, lets share there food, speech training et

hi all, yes all the kids are growing.. mine will be 2 years in couple of months.. time going by so fast............ good to see all the kiddos are doing good and growing very fast....

ammani its time for 2nd one. so you can have good baby shower... what do you say... just joking...

2. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

Re: Join me : 15 months - 18 months babies, lets share there food, speech training et

recently i my little one not drinking milk at all.. he is on pediasure because of low weight.. i did give him fresh milk when we are on visit in india he use to poop alot and after coming here i did try him but he doesnt like it so we put him on pediasure.. and i am concern about added cholesterol and sugars in the milk but because of weight issues i am continuing with that. since two, three weeks he is not drinking milk at all just one ounce thats it... i am just wasting milk i been thinking not to give it to him but then i think maybe he is hungry so just giving it to him....

he had cold 2,3 times last months i didnt insist on making him drink it but in the middle one week he is fine.. now started again not drinking milk... i feel like its okay if he doesnt drink milk as long as he eats other food good.... what do you all think............ earlier someone suggested give him milk with nuts i didnt try tht yet as nuts do give heat to body right.........suggest me something..

3. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

breeze...

i wish i could say :yes: i am ready... and will work on it... but....:|

so many things are going wrong this year end... from after diwali.. things in our family is going really bad (first my DH uncle passed away near to DS 2nd bday and few days before my FIL got admitted to hospital with a heart attack... though he is fine now and is recovering)... forget thinking about 2nd :thumbsdown... im waiting for the first to be well.. (this is 2nd time this month... he is sick again.. last time it was stomach infection with cold and fever and this time its cold and fever)

breeze... u could try ragi malt... ragi is good for health naa... (i was thinking about badam malt but then its not good to have everyday so i didnt say).. rather than horlicks, bornvita, or other ready made drinks.. but its try and error always..

some people cant digest thick fresh milk.. .so the pooping happend to your son i think... my son now asks when he wants to drink milk.. today he asked twice... sometimes he wont ask but i give him one glass... a day at least...

gondu get well soon... :bowdown
    love to the other little ones..
    ammani

1 person likes this.
  4. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

hi, thats a quick reply... sorry for the sad news.. hope everything in family settle down..... sometimes things happen the most unexpected ways... but life has to goes on..... hope everything turns out to be fine soon..

ragi malt i did give him couple of times.. maybe i need to start it again.... will see how it works... mine too asks for milk but he wont finish it. my face drops down when he dont drink milk.... maybe he is taking break i guess.. meanwhile let me try with ragi malt as you suggested.

because of this unstable weather all the kids keep getting sick alot we can only try to reduce taking them outside and cover them up real good. but still sometimes we cant help it.... hope you little one feel better soon....

5. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

Hai Breeze,
    unexpected things put all our plans haywire... and i dream everyday that something more bad will happen... hope it doesnt come true.. :notthatway:

i feel he got the cold from some one in the playschool...thinkingsmiley now he has started mingling with other kids... yday all of them danced together it seems! (it was color day at school for him!) but more than that.. .he is missing his dad a lot... (DH is with FIL at native.. i didn't get ticket to fly with him and now that FIL is doing well i was told not to travel)
    i dont like it..notdonesmiley but my dad and my DH have introduced him to a bad habit.. they are trying to introduce horlicks... but my son is smart... he doesnt like to drink it everyday.. he asks specifically when he wants... daily he will as milk...
    between if your son is drinking buttermilk or has curd/yoghurt.. then if he is not taking milk is okay.. but plain milk is always better than anything else.. .at least one glass a day... and about weight... my paed told me if he is active and running around... weight is not a concern till age 4!! :idontgetit: my son is 12+ kg now and it looks same from around 3-4 months... he has become more naughty.. he runs around home all day... and been singing rhymes and speaking a lot!! he loses weight when he is sick and gains back to same level!! till date i haven't seen his weight go above that level!

love
    ammani

1 person likes this.
  6. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

hi, I didn't check indus on weekend... thanks for reply... yes I am not worrying about giving him milk much now instead I am feeding him food in evening milk only in morning that too small amount... he is not used to plain have to get start him slowly later on...

when my son is sick too he do lose some weight but will be back later on.... I guess its common for every kid like adults... omg mine is so active its getting hard for me to handle and especially if you are staying in joint family I guess they do get confused with whom to listen and acting whatever way they want... its giving me lot of headache.................. hope I move out soon for the very good reason.......

any of you share how to handle things when staying in joint family....

sometimes I get upset with my mom or someone in the family as I want to do things in certain way for my kids but they want to do it differently... I want to give him bath before going to bed to make him feel fresh and to help him go to bed fast... but someone else say as its cold don't give bath this time.???? does giving bath at night in cold weather give kids cold or not..........

7. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

breeze,
    i have no experience now as a mother... but i was brought up in one... and may soon have my in-laws stay over here at home permanently... not decided yet... (i will share that experience some other time... lots happen when we visit them during our holiday)

in India if you are saying.. bathing after lighting the lamp in the evening is considered bad... and its to be avoided as much as possible... but many people don't follow it..
    did you know sweeping the floor after someone leaves the house is bad?? did you know shaving for guys on thursday is bad?? sweeping after somebody implies i am sweeping the person out of my house it seems... and about the shaving my mum just said its GURU's day so we don't shave...

similarly may be they are discouraging not the bathe the kid.. and may be sometimes there are chances of getting cold.... from past 2 weeks i am making sure my son has warm fresh food and warm milk.. but he got the cold again this past weekend... how??? one reason i guessed may be from school... but then he doesnt mingle much with others as per the teacher... (he is just 2-3 weeks in school out of which almost a week holiday because of this cold and stomach infection)

one advice someone gave me.. ."sab ki suno... par karo dil ki" ... listen to everyone.. but do what your heart says...

you could use a sponge or a wet towel to wipe your little one and dry with towel and immediately dress him up.. so no much exposure! that really works.. when my son is sick i do that to him so that he feels fresh... and he sleeps without moving which he normally doesnt do.. he will be all over or cot everyday while sleeping..
    stressing yourself wont help you.. find solutions which is okay for both... so relax and enjoy being in a joint family... i crave for one.. .but even if in-laws come over i wont have it... as they favor DH cousins over me... and all that...

chalo will rush off to sleep.. lots of work tomorrow
    love
    ammani

8. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

hi ammani thanks for reply.... I got your point but I do believe that elders tell for our own good only but sometimes we wont be able to take it as we will be rigid why I have to do this and that.. that is the time I feel bad.. I will just have fun when I have the chance to be in joint family...

9. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

Breeze, thats our nature of reasoning... we ask questions for even silly things... present generation... including me.... ask why is it done so then only will follow... wise we don't want to budge from our opinions... am i rite??
    i wish my son had a big family to have fun with... !! :bowdown with grandparents, cousins, brothers, sisters etc.... but

now with the present situation at our place.... thinking about the second baby is scary... i dono if it happens sudden also what i will do... will i be happy or tensed or will i get time to try for another i dono... i just pray to GOD that i get time to bring up a good man in the lil one he has blessed us with.

this year end has been bad for us... totally... i am waiting for new year to get over everything bad... hope new year brings happiness!
    ammani

10. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Ladies, do you think we should open a different thread for 2 years and above? I know most of our kids have crossed the 15-18 M mark now.

2 people like this.