1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Join me : 15 months - 18 months babies, lets share there food, speech training etc

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by sweetyk, Mar 14, 2013.

1. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

Re: Join me : 15 months - 18 months babies, lets share there food, speech training et

and also when I feed him with ghee he do eat good.. but I can see the difference when I give him with ghee and without... he looks like little congested as someone opened other thread about ghee, cold.. I know that when kids have the cold/cough we don't usually give ghee because it aggrevate the sore throat. did any of you notice this change. he eat okay with out ghee but not as good as he eat with ghee...sorry too many doubts.......

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Re: Join me : 15 months - 18 months babies, lets share there food, speech training et

breeze, I always used a limited amount of ghee. I have seen that thread you were talking about; moderation should be OK.

2 people like this.
  3. Vijayarahini

Vijayarahini Bronze IL'ite

Hi ,
    My lo is 16 months and I still use the gerber water or nursery water with fluoride but am been advised by all other moms here to start boiling the water that we use and give him initially and days rolls by can give it directly too without boiling as their immunity power will become less if I go on practice this water. They will adapt soon so try to change the water when possible. I am going to boil the water from tomo onwards to give my little one.

4. Vijayarahini

Vijayarahini Bronze IL'ite

Hi ,
    My lo is 16 months and I still use the gerber water or nursery water with fluoride but am been advised by all other moms here to start boiling the water that we use and give him initially and days rolls by can give it directly too without boiling as their immunity power will become less if I go on practice this water. They will adapt soon so try to change the water when possible. I am going to boil the water from tomo onwards to give my little one.

1 person likes this.
  5. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

Maybe I use the little bit than what I am using thanks Rakhii for reply

6. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

hi thanks for reply i just got one bottle of nursery water i gave him other water just like that without boiling i can trying giving boiling water on weekends so i can see it myself if he is drinking like normal or what... thanks for tips.. i will follow..whenever i go to doctor i plan to ask them then i keep forgetting.too much thinking eventhou kid is below 2 yrs..:):)) just joke...

1 person likes this.
  7. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

Hey all,

long time... just could take time with so many things happening around...!!

how are you all..??? and the little ones???

My son is officially 2 year old now!! and i am feeling as if just yesterday he was born and he has grown so much within so little time!!!

he has started speaking so much in our language... he asks me when he wants to talk to someone... showing the phone..... he knows how to hold the phone (saying this because sometimes he used to hold it ulta or upside down etc) now he holds it properly and changes between ears when he gets tired...

he says first lines or so of following rhymes...
    johnny johnny
    baa baa black sheep
    twinkle twinkle
    humpty dumpty
    three blind mice
    one two buckle my shoe
    and few songs i had in school i taught him (kannada songs.. he knows only one or two lines)

when we travel around he is full on chattar pattar pointing to vehicles and saying bus, car, lorry, bike etc...

we are checking out nursery admission... will be done by year end i guess... GOSH!! my little boy will go to school soon!!

could login and post as there was a tragedy (my DH uncle passed away one morning) in our family few days before our little darlings bday... it was all of a sudden and we just couldnt accept it!!

he how asks for milk and drinks holding glass himself (i am feeling so good about this)
    more some time... same for water or anything to eat... as far as eating himself... he has dosa himself (we just cut to pieces)... but rice himself i havent tried.... he spills things when eating with spoon so didnt feel like trying with rice...

chalo will rush now...
    love to all the little ones...
    bday wishes to the little ones whoever has/had bday's!!
    ammani

8. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

hello gals,

no updates??? All of you buzy with year end parties (birthday parties) huh??

Between a news to share... my darling is going to play school and its having a wonderful effect on him... he learnt 3-4 rhymes by day 1 itself... now he sings them all day long...

only minus for him in school is language problem... he speaks only konkani and in school they speak marati, hindi, english which her understands they say...

we are looking out for nursery admissions right now... by next weekend everything will be finalised...

whats up your end??

how are the little ones doing??

chalo will rush to pick him up from playschool..
    love
    ammani

1 person likes this.
  9. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Hey Ammani,

Vey nice thats ur lil one is learning so much :)..how sweet is it when we here them say so much..my Ragi is also saying rhymes..first lines..2nd lines..in between etc.. cho sweet..

My daughter is also into school now almost full day.

Only prob is she can't handle spoon foods..she is fine with table foods..and also drinking from open cup at school is also a issue.. which we are working..working on her..

Thank you dear..u gave good tips for open cup..

keep writing..my hugs to gundu..

love,
    sweety

10. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

Hey Sweety,
    no issues, i shared my experience which i hope helped you... its good they learn it.. actually he is a bit late... kids who are younger than him drink here... we are in mumbai and here mostly all native kids (marati speaking people) dont give bottle... directly give glass, mug etc... (compared to them he is late.. .but otherwise he is fine..)
    he is the only kid in his glass who drinks from a glass... others have bottles, sippers.. etc. he goes to playschool for 2 hours.. and i see so much improvement.. there is a new rhyme and also a new hindi/english word almost everyday!! he is growing and learning so fast... his grasping power is good when he is listening very carefully... he picks words from few ads on tv! (good words)

my son throws a tantrum at home for spoon feeding and even having dosa etc... he says i will eat myself and take more than an hour to finish a small dosa.. i dono how they manage to feed him at school.. his tiffin is empty and he burps when he reaches home.. he happily says eaten and goes and puts his tiffin in the kitchen sink! (he puts plates, glass etc in kitchen sink, throws dust in the dustbin... few good habits he learnt watching us... )
    a problem with which im still struggling is brushing his teeth and also spitting and gargling ... can anyone give tips for the same??? he stands and watches me do it but doesnt do when i tell him to do... i am dead scared thinking he will spoil his teeth (he has got all his teeth!) as he started eating food almost like us.. i mean i don't cook separately for him.. if i give him rice i make sure its very very soft...

love to all the kiddos...
    ammani