Johnson and Johnson's baby powder is not really safe!

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by kamdev1, May 6, 2013.

1. kamdev1

kamdev1 Silver IL'ite

Health officials in India have revoked Johnson & Johnson's license to make cosmetics at a plant outside Mumbai after they discovered the company had used an unauthorized process for sterilizing its baby powder.

An investigation by the Maharashtra Food and Drug Administration revealed that J&J, at its plant in Mulund, had used ethylene oxide - a substance used to produce industrial chemicals and to sterilize medical equipment - to kill bacteria in its baby powder and had not conducted mandatory tests to make sure there were no remaining traces in the powder.
    According to the US Department of Labor, acute exposure to ethylene oxide can cause lung damage, nausea, vomiting and cancer.
    Ballman said the plant has not been shut down and the company is appealing the decision. She said the sterilisation process in question was used on a one-time basis on a limited amount of baby powder. Baby powder is made from corn or talc and is usually sterilized using steam, she said.
    (source)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be careful with J&J Baby powder

2. Onesweetlife

Onesweetlife Gold IL'ite

I am feeling guilty for using this powder around 2 years for my DD.

any alternate brand?

Suggestions from fellow ilites are welcome.

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

i never used any J&J products when my kids were small.............recently,i read somewhere never to use Talc near Gentials as it gets into body stream & causes health problems............better to use cornstarch if you sweat lot..........babies don't need talc...........instead use coconut oil after bath........also avoid using too mcuh soap on babies.....soap should be used on alternate days.....