1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Johnny johnny - No papa

Discussion in 'Infants' started by MeenLoch, Sep 29, 2009.

1. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

My 6 mnth old is a mommy girl. She always looks for me around.
    How can make her go to her father as well.

She has got a wonder dad who co-parents like few men do. He obviously gets disappointed when my little girl refuses to go to him and jumps and come to me, smiles more to me.

She cries with him, when he bathes her or feeds her.Only time when she doesnt cry with him is when they go out together(without me).
    Any comments on this ?

Similar Threads
    1. manjulats
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. pushpabp
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. Moonbeams
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

From what I have seen with my sis kid(but a boy) is he too was like not attached to his father at all.He wont even smile, cry for no reason when he holds him or when he is around and my BIL used to feel very bad.This was till his 1.5 yrs or so.But now the son dont want to leave his dad at all:biglaugh:biglaugh.

Now again my BIL is worried at times that his son is not allowing him to do his official work at home:rotfl:rotfl:rotflAlways hanging around his dad.So don't worry.Just a phase.

3. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

MeenLoch,

Encourage father-daughter outings. I would suggest this - let your Dh play with your daughter, maybe the games you play with her. But ensure that you are right next to her, where she can see you and touch you if need be. If she starts whimpering, reassure her that you are right there and it is daddy who is playing with her. Let your DH take her while you are in her line of sight. Slowly, she should be able to understand that dad is good too and daddy will take care of her. Maybe your DH can co sleep with her during afternoon naps in the weekends or early in the morning on weekdays. That way she will get used to his smell and warmth? Given time, she will soon become daddy's girl :) All the best!

Regards,
    Anitha

4. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Meenloch,

Same happend with my daughter, she wants to be with me always, even her dad feels very down, when she refuses to go with her dad. Some times i feel i need my own time, but she never wants to go to her dad even while sleeping...though he baths her, play with her etc.,

Now she is 13months, my god!! situation is upside down now. Once her dad enters home, she invites with big sound + joyful face.
    Though she comes to me, but prefers to roam behind him, even while he goes to restroom, she waits at the door waiting for him to come outside.

When he takes shoes out of the stand to wear, she starts screaming little, knowing that he is leaving out. Though she willn't cry aloud, but she screams for fewminutes.

Ask your hubby to be prepared to spare his whole free time with your daughter within few months....

Takecare...Bye.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  5. Priti

Priti New IL'ite

same thing happened with my youger daughter, even my mil used to comment "beta he is your father and not any uncle staying in our neighbourhood". But she was fine after 1.5 yrs, after that she is more attached to her dad more than anybody in family.So don't worry and give some more time to your daughter. Make sure father and daughter have some outing every day just to build good rapo between them.

6. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

You need to spend less time with your daughter when your hubby is around. When my DH comes back from work, I make it a point to give the baby to my DH. Now both daughter father are getting along very well and nowadays she has starting preferring him to me.

Moresoever, it will be a big help when you need to do other work.

Regards,
    Lynette

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  7. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Thanks ladies for all the replies
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

8. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

hi..
    normal thing in many houses.
    this happened with my girl.
    when she was young.. now shes 17 months and dosent want to leave her dad..!!!:spin