1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Jogging and Brisk walk pain ...

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by puni88, Apr 16, 2007.

1. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,
    I get severe pain in lower part of the leg (from below knee) when I walk fast or run. I started noticing it from my first delivery.
    Is it because of lack of jogging or brisk walk/ oxygen deprivation ?? / weakness??
    Any one experiencing same kind of problems??
    How to over come this??

Thanks for advance for sharing your thoughts,
    Punitha

2. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Hi!

I'm guessing from your description that you have pain in the 'calf muscles'. If that is so, then there's nothing to worry. It happens when you take a brisk walk or jog.

If u notice, it won't happen when you walk normally, when u walk briskly or jog the muscles in the calf tighten & will cause slight pain. Just ignore it & keep going.

Cheers!
    Ragini

3. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Hi Punitha,
    Do you do the recommended warm up stretches before you start your brisk walk / run ??. At least 5 minutes of stretches and a slow walk for 2 minutes should be done to avoid muscle cramps. If you still experience severe pain then you should get it checked out. Never continue running / excercise when the pain is severe.

A slight tingling sensation is common because of increased blood flow through the arteries.

Pushpa.

4. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello All,
    I get bone pain, not the calf muscles. It hurts badly even if my kids sits on my lap.
    Yes, I am doing stretching exercise everyday, trying to walk fast/jumping on trampoline for 30 - 50 counts.
    If pain persists, then I will visit doctor.

Thanks,
    Punitha

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    I guess it is normal to feel like that when one starts a walking or jogging regime. Start with a pace comfortable, even then you are bound to feel that pain. In 2 or 3 days, it will go away and you will feel confortable.
    Myself and son started our walking just a week before. The first and second days were okay, but the third day my feel felt so bad. Then I just did not stop and went for a walk on the 4th day. Now after 1 week I would say that it is still difficult but I enjoy the walk. So I am determined to pursue and make myself more healthy first and then lose weight.
    All the best to you too.

6. gauridatta

gauridatta New IL'ite

Hi all
    I have also faced such problem, of bone and muscle cramps in the initial dayz of jogging and walking :bang . Put i did not give up because the feel of jogging and walking itself is soooooo refreshing that i can not give up. Its the biggest stress buster i can say.
    Even after 1 month of rigorous session of walk-jog i get pain in my bone and also swelling in the ankles but i do keep walking at a normal pace.
    ITS JUST SOO NICE TO ADMIRE NATURE AND DO THE WORK-OUT

Luv gauri