1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Jodha Akbar - My review

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ria2006, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Hey Kamla,

I understand totally if you liked the package. Despite of all overdose I also rated it 3. But For me Taree zameen par would have been better.

For elephant, older ones have lot of wrikles and more older ones have white skin around their neck. It was too visbile for me in all the scenes. Probably because I knew this age thing about elephants.

I agree with the statement that compared to most of flicks from bollywood, it still must be more worth watch than others. But I personally find Ashutosh different league after watchign lagaan and swades. this movie doesnot stand compared to those two. Devdas was much better made in epic sense.

Never mind, it may still make for one-time go for weekend.

Ria

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Ria,

Hope you are better after the knee surgery. I also watched Jodhaa Akbar last evening. I will stick to your rating for 3 on 5. I actually liked the pic, my husband found it unmitigated torture, but that is his usual comment.

Aish, as you say looks like a porcelein doll. But in close up, you can see the pimples on her forehead. And acting, that is so absent.

Hritik- ain't he incredibly cute???!!! In the scene where he swirls with the Dervishes on his wedding evening, he is so immersed and absorbed. I felt Hritik was way better than Aish.

Actually, like Sujamal, Ila Arun etc.

And Ria, the elephants. The one shown in the scene where Akbar tames the wild elephant- that poor one was aged. And the spots on its trunk, it is one over worked beast.

Not a great movie from the historical point of view. History has been tweaked to amke way for entertainment. But entertaining.

3. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Hey Vidya,

Yes I agree about Sujamal and Ila Arun(I actually could not recognise her. So she was playing Maham Anga) very well played role. Such a complex display of emotions..
    Ash dear take some lessons from her.

Hrithik is perfection personified. I mean the guy looks like a greek god, Acts like there can not be an inch of flaw and yet he carries that humble look on his face. He seems thousand times better than Shahrukh and Salman. I will not add Aamir here (becos I am like one of the biggest fan of Aamir :hide ) I feel Hrithik could not have done better. But I felt Script writer has weakened his role in front of Ash's role. I didnt like that a wee bit. I mean a Moughal king all the time pleading to one of his several wives, just didnot go down my throat well. It just looked too fictious.

Ria

4. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Abha,

You are right about Ash's dresses. I adored her in some scnes where she had least make up. Like that sword fight with Hrithik, then when she was singing some prayer.
    Movie is still worth one time watch.

Jananikrithsan

You are welcome anytime. I rarely go to see movie in theatres. But this one didnot please me as much as I was happy with 'Aaja Nachle' DVD.

padmavathi m

Thanks for asking about my surgery. Yes I am recovering good. At time its still pains. But its much better. Just waiting to go off cructhes. Actually its even longer than 3.5 hours. For us we went for 930pm show. And it only got over by 1:20 Am. So i owuld say with intermission and all, it almost 4 hours. If there was logical substance to watchm I wouldnot mind stretch. But to see one or two drab songs with useless overdose makes you irritated.

srivatsa

You may still give it a watch. As compared to other movies it will be still a good bet on money. Atleast it has good visual , Perfect Hrithik and good dialogoues.

jaanu_2721

Thanks for reading it.

vaidehi

Hrithik will not disappoint you. He has done superbly well for his limited role, It was scriptwriter's problem , who made him pleading all the time to wifey Ash. While she gets meaty stuff. But still Movie has enough eye candy and sheen to get through.

Ria

5. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello All,
    Well, I don't have time to go to the theater and watch this movie.
    I am just going to wait for DVD and watch it in my home theater.
    Personally, I don't like Aish. So it would be better idea to watch it at home.
    Thanks for all the feed backs which helps many of us to decide about the movie.

Regards.

6. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Jodha Akbar is Hrithik all the way. He looks amazing as Akbar. His body language, his dialogue delivery and acting cant be better. There cud never have been a better Akbar. Ashtutosh made a very good choice. Ash as usual looks good. But I cant rate it as her best performance as she is just there.Poonam Sinha as hrithik's mother is great. The romantic scenes are a new take on romance.
    I didnt watch it in a theatre so cant tell about the length.The + point wud be the sets created. It looks authetic.Aishwarya's and Hrithik's costumes are great. Although the movie cant be called exceptional. It was a feel good movie.

7. lmani

lmani Senior IL'ite

Ria nice review>Did you go thro knee surgery?

8. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Hey Imani,

Thanks for reading it. And Also thank much for rememerign about my knee surgery.
    Yes I did undergo surgery on feb1. I am recoverign good. With everyday I am achieveing new and small milestone in recovery. Latest being I can walk withou crutches, however a little limp. Doc said limp will go with following weeks.
    But it feels great to have a well connected knee.

Surgery was very painful but worth..
    Thanks,
    Ria

9. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Chocolate

Yes I so agree with observation. Hrithik is best perfectionist we have afte Aamir khan in bollywood. I was all over awed with his Dhoom2 performance. Jodha akbar was also great performance of his. I just felt he was not utilized full.

Punitha,

You are welcome. I also rarely dare to go theatre with so many crap movies around.

Ria

10. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

True ,its more of restrained performance by Hrithik.But boy its fabulous.In an untold way he is definitely 1 up against aishwarya.Ashtutosh exhibits good sense in selecting actors for their roles.I guess the audience can be told about Jodha -Akbar in limited no of ways for them to like and ashutosh chose one .he has done full justice to the story written but it cud have been with tighter screenplay and more insight to Akbar and Jodha's life.