jobs in leeds / harrogate / heathrow

Discussion in 'Indians in London' started by dhivya rangarajan, Nov 23, 2007.

1. dhivya rangarajan

dhivya rangarajan Bronze IL'ite

hello....
    dis s dhivya..
    am movin to harrogate in june dats in another 6 months...
    Qualifi: Masters in Human Resource Mgmt, june 2007
    present company: LnT Constructions
    wot r my career options if i come in wid an years, experience, in HR feild?
    can anyone tel me please???

2. Preity

Preity New IL'ite

Hi dhivya,

Hope your well. A year's experience is going to take you a long way. Employers usually see your history of work and your level of understanding.

What do you specialize? HR is a centralized department of any company so from experience I dont think it is going to be a problem in finding a job.

HR is a good department and you need to build up your CV stating what you have done during the duration of your work.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  3. dhivya rangarajan

hei preity...
    thankoo soo much on ur thots.. ll start writin up a good CV statin al my job roles and functions..:hatsoff
    i am a generalist HR rite now - handling trainin evaluation, recruitmen, performance appraisal, and p.a for 56 construstion site in hyderabad with a team of 4 other HR.
    HOPE I FIND SOME EMPLOYER IN U.K - COS - i don wanna be jobless.....:shaking:in my life... and i also want somethin in HR only.... hmm lets see...
    so preity, wer r u located ? and wot r u workin as? hows life?

4. Preity

Preity New IL'ite

Hi Div,

Nice to have a postive reply back from you. There is no problem getting any job's, do try some agencies they are great in finding really good employers..

Me, well, im going through a tough time at the moment so i had to give up my job, infact i used to work within Heathrow- gr8 place. I live in Reading, its a nice place... but too cold to get out.

Im sure you will get a good job, im sure about that.

Are you working at the moment?

5. dhivya rangarajan

yea - i am workin with LnT Constructions now - based in hyderabad.
    its jus 6 months since i joined... i am enjoyin work ere,,,
    so - i jus wanted to kno if the brits had any reservations havin asian / indian HRs.. :)
    as u advise, i ll get in touch wid agencies.. i jus browsed, a firm called y-axis fetch jobs in u.k i saw...
    ll hit der.. hmm - lets see..
    wen i come der - we 2 ll ve gud times dear.... :)

6. Preity

Preity New IL'ite

You need to have a look at Select and Hays, they are very very good in placing people I know some others but I cant think!.

Div, If you are confident and competent in your own field you shouldn't really care what others think around you. Remember as long as you can deliver the companies objectives and work alongside their aims you'll progress like anything.

I have never come across any racism or problems within my field of work and actually quite proud being a Indian women leading a huge team, it was challenging and a learning experience.

The only other thing I can think is that HR functions may diff cross culture - But I guess Maslows Hierarchy of Needs will come in to play! Hey that would be a drive to add something to your CV.

Love Preity xx

P.s rem that your CV needs to be no more then three pages.. employers dont have time to browse though hundred of pages!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  7. dhivya rangarajan

hei preity!!
    nice to see u hittin bak....
    so its Select and Hays huh? ll chk dat out too.. i am basically confident and highly charged up individual in life... had a passion for pple and talkin and dats y chose HR. and yea - d cross - cultural difference s wot i was mentionin cos, its not abt programmes but abt pple u see.. dats y wanted to kno scope of INDIAN HR....
    neways, ll hit select and hays and tel u wot happened re....
    and yea - wen i sit to interview i don look beyond d 2nd page of a resume myself.. so ll surely keep it short!! ;)
    see ya re...
    keep in tuch!
    luv, div..

8. MRN

MRN New IL'ite

Hi Divya,
    I jus wanna knw whether u gt any job in Leeds/any other part of UK?I hold a dependant visa and I'm a software tester by profession (3 yrs exp in India).I'm looking for a PT/FT job in Leeds.Any help wud be highly appreciated. : )