Jobs for H4 visa

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by eugeneshijo, Jan 21, 2010.

1. eugeneshijo

eugeneshijo New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I am staying on h4 visa with a 4 month old baby, I intend to work from home. As it is impossible to work on H4 ; can any one help me suggesting any job that can be done from home like data entry etc.. Do any one know about any good consultancies which can help in this ; or process h1 visa?

Thanks
    Eugene

2. Sadanah

Sadanah New IL'ite

Hi , You are not supposed to work on H4 nor earn anything, be it going to work somewhere or at home either .. This is what in US, get H1B if you are interested in working else consider to start your higher education ...

You are not supposed to earn a single penny on H4, I am here for 2 1/2 years in US, I researched lot , the only way to work on H4 is working for a Non-profit Organizations like Libraries, Church, Guess what as an Unpaid only..

Else you can work on H4 and earn as well by working for Organizations like WHO(World Health Organziation) or Embassies( Indian Embassy, Singapore Embassy , Malaysian Embassy etc) ..But you should live closer to these Organization, Washington D.C. Since the capital state has got all the embassies in.Do a more research to see if you have any organization like this in the state you live..

Furthermore , You have a another option, ask your hubby to apply for a greencard and wait for the EAD to come, you can start to work.

Good luck if you try for H1B..Sorry typed more info than what you posted ..I am also frustrated being at home, and googled enough to open up option to keep me occupied, Finally started my education ..

-Sadanah

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  3. Ashwathy

Ashwathy New IL'ite

Hi Sadanah,

Can you let me know the links how do i find a job in embassy,even i am very frustrated sitting back at home..........

4. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

hey H4's can't work or earn in the US, but H4's can certianly work from home and be paid by Indian employers or any other employers for that matter in India right?//you work from home you are paid in Indian Rs and you the payment is got to you in you Indian A/c
    That is possible.

regards,
    Kavitha.

1 person likes this.
  5. sillygurl

sillygurl Senior IL'ite

Yes, You are not supposed to earn legally in H4. But if you are desperate to earnsome quick bucks. Why don't you try babysitting ? It's hardwork , but it's a good way to earn money . If interested check with your frens if they need babysitter and spread the word. You can do that full day or for after school hours. I know a lot of people who do that and make pretty decent amount.

Another option is if you are skilled in music / dance - start a small class in your home .Or Check with the nearby temple whether they need someone to help with the classes.

Yet another option is teaching - Hindi/your mother tongue /Math - Reading - Charge nominal rates, these are very much in demand.

There are lot more options like these.One thing is no matter what you do , go for it only if you are passionte in doing that.

Good Luck!

6. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

Sillygrul,

I don't think it is that easy to baby sit as well on H4, if you are found, or if someone intimates the authorities that you charge for babysitting then you and your spouse's H1 will also be in threat...

It would be a touch situation then.And again, even if they are you known people, in the US, people fear of letting their baby to an unlicenced sitter.

For best option to make money would be getting paid in Indian rupees into your Indian A/C, (Online work) though it won't come of use there in the US, it can take care of your expenses here in India if any or prove as a saving for you.

JMO.

regards,
    Kavitha.

7. Ninedime

Ninedime New IL'ite

Hi

For all those who want to work on H4, here is an opportunity..

All you have to do is just refer any OPT/CPT (This is a visa status that is obtained by a student on F1 visa, once he is done with his studies) or you can also refer those individuals who are looking for project and who are on H1 B to join our consultancy.

Once they are in to our consultancy you will be paid in cash for the reference.

This is an easy task all you have to do is just find the required persons from your peer group.

Please contact me through private messages.

Thanks..

Admin Note: You can exchange contact information only through private messages. Private message subscription is just $10/year. Each private message subscription comes with a free gift subscription, which you can give to the other person and you both can contact each other instantly. More Details.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2010
  8. Laa21408

Laa21408 New IL'ite

Hi Sadhana
    Pls share if u know how to search for a job where im in L2 visa and have L2 EAD also.
    I was rejected by many as im in dependent visa though i have EAD. Kindly help.

9. Debaratinag

Debaratinag New IL'ite

Hi Sadanah,

I was just curious to know whether it is possible to work in Indian Embassy on h4? How does it work? Isnt it illegal?

1 person likes this.