Jingglee-pop JUNE

Discussion in 'Festivals & Special Days' started by Yashikushi, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Vahee!
    Excused for Nagla.
    That info was toooooo heavy.Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Ohh wow... that's great news...so both will have fun... have a great time , no plans to visit chennai... may be during diwali MIL is expecting during diwali but DD dont have leave so thinking...

3. Yashikushi

[​IMG]

Beautician's Day is your chance to show your appreciation to those who make you look beautiful and stunning.

Beauticians include your hair stylist, as well as manicurists. Their talents and training transforms the everyday you into the beautiful woman you always knew was inside of you. They make you glow, and feel great about yourself. The guys appreciate your Beautician, too. Proof positive is when they turn to watch as you go by.
    It's fair and fitting that you show your appreciation to your Beautician today. But,also found some reference to suggest that Beauticians consider this a day for them to show their appreciation to their patrons. Now, that's a novel and admirable concept. [​IMG]

4. Yashikushi

[​IMG]

Forgiveness Day June 26th
    Global Forgiveness Day is held on August 27th
    International Forgiveness Day, the first Sunday of August.

Forgiveness Day is a time to forgive and to be forgiven. The world will be a better place for this day.
    Global Forgiveness Day began in 1994. It was created and is sponsored by the Christian Embassy for Christ's Ambassadors. It originated in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
    International Forgiveness Day was created by the World Forgiveness Alliance, a non-denominational, educational foundation. According to their website: " International Forgiveness Day dedicated to evoking the healing power of forgiveness worldwide." The founder is Robert W. Plath, from Mill Valley, California.
    In religions:
    ** The Jewish celebration of Yom Kippur is a day of atonement or forgiving.
    ** In Christian religions,the first Sunday before Lent is called "Forgiveness Sunday".

Quote of the Day:To err is human, to forgive is divine.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  5. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Happy beautician day

[​IMG]

and forgiveness day...

[​IMG]

6. Yashikushi

[​IMG]

Paul Bunyan Day is a giant of a day. Paul Bunyan was a gigantic lumberjack of American Folklore. According out folklore, Paul Bunyan and his blue ox "Babe" lived and travelled around country. He is best known for his logging feats.
    The legend of Paul Bunyan started with stories told by men in lumber camps. He was supposed to be a giant lumberjack who performed incredible feats - such as scooping out the Great Lakes to get water for his blue ox, Babe. The stories probably date back to the 1800's. They appeared in newspapers in the early 1900's and turned Paul into part of American folklore.
    Celebrate Paul Bunyan Day in a giant way. Learn more about Paul and his tales. Spread the tales around. They are best told by word of mouth around a campfire.

[​IMG]

7. Yashikushi

[​IMG]

Sunglasses Day is a shady day for your eyes.

Summer is in full swing. The sun is high in the sky. It's blindingly bright. A pair of UV protection sunglasses is definitely in order.

Why do people wear sunglasses? There's lots of reasons, including:
    • You want to be a movie star and they all wear sunglasses.
    • You're looking to hide behind a big, dark pair of sunglasses, and travel unseen through the streets.
    • A little espionage, eh!?
    • You want to make a fashion statement.
    • And, Oh yes.... A few of us wear sunglasses to protect our eyes from the harmful rays of the sun.
    Smoke tinted glasses were invented before 1430 in China. But, they weren't for sun protection. Judges wore them in court so nobody could see their eyes and guess their opinion before a verdict was declared. Sunglasses as we know them today are a 20th century phenomenon. In the 1930s, the military commissioned glasses that would protect pilots from sun glare. But, they didn't become a real fad until the 1960s when an ad campaign said... "Who's Behind those Foster Grants?".

Did you know? Sunglasses protect your eyes from harmful UV rays. Your Optician will tell you that sungalsses with UV protection, will help to avoid cataracts. They also report that UV rays can be stronger in the winter, as the sun's rays hit you on the way down....and as it is reflected back up from the snow. Enjoy Sunglasses Day with a shady, mysterious and fashionable pair of sunglasses.

8. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Sorry friends, was busy in the weekends...yes very busy lazying around :biglaugh, did not peep in here.

Thanx for the loads of information you have collected and put it here ..

Saroj, how rightly you have guessed about me :crazy.
    As about Queeny she is in India now. Vahee is very much in IL na ...and about Seno, don't know :confused2:

9. rajiravi

rajiravi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Yesterday I was busy as i couldn't visit here....It was forgiveness Day, so forgive me!!!:)......

Paul Bunyan Day!!!! I never heard of this before, thanks for the info saroj!!!!

Sunglasses Day!!! I already wear glasses.....since it is very hot here, today being Sunglasses Day, I am going to wear Sunglasses on my regular specs, i don't know how i will look.....:rotfl:rotfl

Here is whole lot of glasses.......pick yours......

[​IMG]

10. Yashikushi

Thanks for the Sunglass set Raji.Already having the 5th one.
    Will Look pretty with S.glass like MISSY.spell it correctly.Or else will go weird??!!!