1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Jhat mangni....Pat shaadi

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ashwiniks79, Feb 17, 2010.

1. ashwiniks79

ashwiniks79 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks padmini ji for your wishes. Both me and my husband had lot of ups and downs as and when time went by, we were two different individuals living together, have different thoughts, habbits, hobbies and we had to work all those things out. All this was possible because we started to respect each others space, and i think that was the most important factor. you have rightly said it marriage is not business partnership.

Deepa, Luck by chance and Sarajara Thank you very much for your wishes...

Sarajara you nailed it, it really takes negotiations in some weddings and it is not a great way to start a new relationships :).

2. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

You narrated it in a wonderful way.

happy anniversary.

ganges

3. ashwiniks79

Thankyou ganges for your wishes

4. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

oh wow....what a rollercoaster wedding.
    i wish i cud too have a wedding like this...
    wish u have a happy life ahead and bring in lots of happiness to each other too

njoy urselves...

5. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

vow, enjoyed lot. that was superfast marriage we can say:). Lucky you got so many aunts and uncles ot help in your marriage, without whom, i think it would have been difficult for your parents.

P.S. just thought how lucky you are to get a "Kalyana Mandapam" on sucha short notice !!!!!!!!

6. ashwiniks79

actually radhika it was very interesting how i got the kalyana mantapa for my wedding. As you know it is very difficult to get a hall, that too in Bangalore where everything is booked in advance.
    The day after my wedding was fixed, my dad got up eiarly and made a list of all marriage halls in bangalore and started off at 6.30 in the morning. there was a decent wedding hall run by an ashram right next to the apartment complex we lived, and so started off with that one.
    The office of the wedding hall was open and my dad asked hesitatingly whether the hall is available for 24th, and the guy in the office was very happy now...coz the previous day the one who were supposed to get married on 24th had cancelled the wedding because some elderly person had passed away and they couldnot conduct the wedding, and thats how we got the wedding hall with out any effort actually. My dad started off at 6.30 in the morning and by 6.45 we had a wedding hall.

7. ashwiniks79

wow...kainaath, I actually dont recomend such urgent weddings to any one. You dont get to feel the happiness and fun of the weddings. The mohul will be like, I just want this wedding to get over as soon as possible, because you will be so exhausted by the time your wedding day arrives, u just want it to get over