1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Jewelry For Special Occasions And Temple

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by mangaii, Nov 20, 2021.

1. mangaii

mangaii Platinum IL'ite

What kind of jewelry do you wear for temple or special occasion when wearing Indian traditional clothes ?
    I have given up on wearing gold but I don’t like wearing gold covering . I like only oxidized jewelry but that doesn’t go well with all types of silk saree . I would like to use my sarees going forward . If you do wear gold do you keep in safe and get it when needed ?

2. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid Platinum IL'ite

I didn`t like covering or oxidized jewelry. I have to run to the bank locker back and forth. That`s what I do for safety reasons.

3. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

You can try gold plated silver jewelry from
    Sukra Jewellery
    They are renowned in silver jewelry for bharthnatyam...
    I have few pieces from sukra & Narayana pearls.
    I'm allergic to all metals except gold. Try this it's nice lasts long...doesn't look artificial gold covering.

Induslady, Gauri03 and MalStrom like this.
  4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I have only the very basic real pieces with me here. The rest is all with my parents back home for safety. I prefer pure silver jewelry and semi-precious stones anyways.
    Sukra has great pieces and they have greatly expanded their repertoire since the long-ago days we would go to their store in Mylapore tank. Now all the big names offer high-quality silver and gold covering jewels and it is a fun and stress-free way to keep up with the trends. Tara’s Jewellery and GRT also have nice selections.