1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Jenita now!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Nivedi, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I happened to watch a programme called "Ippadikku Rose" featured on Vijay TV. This show is hosted by a transvestite called Rose, probably the first such shows in India.

For long I had been searching for news about Jenita. In one of the episodes aired during March, Rose has interviewed Jenita's father - Sebastian and Jenita's Aunt (mother's sister). Since many amoung us were interested in knowing about Jenita, here is a link to the show:

techsatish.com™ - you love it!: Vijay Tv Ippadikku Rose 20-03-08

It was heart wrenching to see Jenita unable to move and not even able to feed her new born daughter. Her father says that prior to the delivery of her child, Jenita was able to sit with some help. But after delivery she cannot even sit for a few seconds. The family is spending nearly Rs.600/- a day for her medical treatment and there is no certainity as to Jenita's future.

Sebastian says that Jenita's FIL was the only person who was supportive to her.

Their lawyer Nirmala pointed out that the Union Minister incharge of Women's affairs can do something in this matter by contacting US authorities and speeding up the case. But for now the case does not seem to have progressed much.

Let's pray with all sincerity that Jenita should get well soon and be able to take care of herself and her child.

2. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

hi nivedi,

yes, i too watched ippadikku rose". her condition is really pathetic.

her father had also mentioned it costs about Rs.72 lakhs to bring her in a separate flight to India. that was taken care of totally by insurance.

in this condition, we need to pray God for her health and future.

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Oh it so pathetic to see Jenita, from a beautiful and energetic girl to a halpless and mentally affected girl. That man and his mother and sister should not e left to go scot free, they should be punished in a strong manner so that it may become a deterrant to others. We cannot even compare them to animals, animals don't behave cruelly with their mates and young ones.
    I pray that Jenita gets well soon so that her child will get her mother.

4. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Nivedi for providing the link. I watched it through the link and was moved to tears seeing Jenita and her family's plight.

The poor girl has tolerated all torments to save her marriage. Marriages can work only if people are willing to change. If she had sensed danger to her life, perhaps she could have informed her parents at least. I really feel sorry for her and her family.

Why is the concerned union minister not taking any action yet? In fact Jenita's issue has been highlighted by media already. Can anything be done to expedite their action?

And what is the state of her husband and in-laws family now? Are they still roaming scot-free?

Radhee.

5. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

nivedi,

when i saw her, i am still wondering are we living in this cruel world......................that guy should be given maximum punishments............he will be enjouying there, and look at the plight of Jenita............only we humans can change this community.

love
    padma

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Nivedi for the link.
    Prayers are needed for Jenita's family and also to her to have good health and support
    from fellow human beings and from the Lord above.
    Will definitely pray for her...

sriniketan

7. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Dear IL'ites,

The sad part is the state of National Commission for Women. Some of their members had visited Jenita and spoken to her and have done nothing. Why speak to the girl and harass her when nothing is going to be done?

8. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

hey guys,

Before making judgments lets face it. have you read all the issues of vikatan regarding this?

These people were really into money and have asked a huge dowry even before marriage. There seems to be lot of fight even before marriage. But the girl decided that she love him at first sight and she will go happily live everafter in America and above all its america mapillai.
    Secondly, they knew well before that that guy is not going to take her immed to America and it would take months

whose fault is it to still fall in the pit?

Why fall for this so called "america mappillai" beats me?

Why are girls and her families so blindfolded with this and they fail to see such good men in India? Money makes it all in life or what?

Secondly, after she came in America.. the report says she had been tortured from Day 1. She still had accessed to fone and neighbors. But still she refused to call 911?

WHY WHY?????? Are u insane to think you can overcome all these tortures?

I am not blaming the girl entirely, I wish the guy and his family rot in hell, but I also wish she could have seen all the signs that God showed.. may be even begging her to RUN AWAY and she missed it entirely thinking she can overcome it.

9. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Yes Nandhu,

Her father told all this in the interview. They said it was their mistake that they did not stop it when they asked for more dowry before marriage. They said that the guy had been talking to the girl over phone at that time and the girl had become interested in him and did not want the marriage to be stopped. After going there, she did not call 911 because she still wanted to save her marriage and also never informed her parents about the tortures as she did not want to cause them more agony. Perhaps becos of all this, she failed to see the threshold of danger. Cannot blame her entirely too.

Craze for foriegn maapillais is still there. But I would not say all foriegn maapillais are bad. Many of them are good and are keeping their wives happy. Not all Indian maapillais are good either. Many women get tortured in India too. There are good and bad people everywhere. The key is to enquire thoroughly about the family from all possible sources before deciding. But sadly, our people don't do much enquiry fearing that others will spoil the foriegn alliance and eventually fall into the pit. Jenita's dad admitted that they did not enquire properly.

Hope such experiences are an eye-opener for young women as well as their parents from now on.

Radhee.

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Nivedi
    I couldn't open the link but use to read everything about Jenita. I really feel sad for her...........
    Let me add her in my Prayers as she really needs all our prayers and hope she will be fine soon.