1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Jenita Husband Side of Story ...Christy....

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sonalie, Jan 6, 2008.

1. anonymou

anonymou Silver IL'ite

No. She also has c) File 498a and this actually most common recourse. And in case of b) she walks out with alimony, in case of c) with extortion money.
    Now, for a moment consider the reverse. There are women who would have affair in India but marry NRIs because of either family pressure or their own desire of leaving for greeener pastures. What option does NRI husband now has? He doesnt even have options a) and b) you just said. If he thinks of divorce, 498a is slapped on him. So regardless of who is wrong, only husband can suffer.

1 person likes this.
  2. peacetips

peacetips Silver IL'ite

By the way anonymou: Not all women file for alimony.
    Do you know what alimony in India means? Peanuts.If in USA, there are so many things. If the woman is working, then she gets nothing in India or the US. She gets the divorcee tag for free.

As I said in my previous post, there are men and women who face unfortunate situations. The loss on women's side is greater in majority of the cases (and again exceptions are there!).

3. anonymou

anonymou Silver IL'ite

I agree there are men and women who face unfortunate situations and get exploited. That is why I believe the law should be gender-nuetral so that concerns of both parties can be addressed.

1 person likes this.
  4. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Hello All

Why we are guessing and debating on Jenita-Christy's case. Who know who is wrong or who is right, who is lying, what is real Truth....nobody I guess. I am not taking any side at all.

All I want people should raise their daughter to be always emotionally, physically, financially independant. We have to change our traditional mindset that women should take care of home n kids n elders...it should be equal in every case. say no to dowry strongly......Always always be independant.... women marrying NRIs should be aware of happenings, these kind of possible consequences.....no matter how rich is your father or your husband you have to be able to face world alone.....We as a good cultured community should try help each other and try to resolve domestic problems amicably rather than gossiping bad or isolating any divorcees......

There should not be social pressure for marriage or divorce either.....everyone has right to live on their own terms and dignity!!

1 person likes this.
  5. peacetips

peacetips Silver IL'ite

Agreed, and women should raise their boys to treat everyone with respect and dignity.

6. peacetips

peacetips Silver IL'ite

Gender neutral laws would make practical sense in gender-neutral societies. Otherwise the concept of 'neutrality' would be biased.

7. Troubled7

Troubled7 Bronze IL'ite

Well said anonymou

If truly crime has happened, prosecutor will file the case and the accused has to fight it against the state.

It still raise a question when folks come from other countries to USA to obtain the best medical care why would somebody take a person so dear to them to India where medical care is not so great and everything required money upfront.

Why US police did not file any criminal charge against this so called "Monster" husband.

In Indian news paper, you can get any story printed - it is so easy. I would think twice before believing it. Unfortunately there are still many who believes that if it is in newspaper it is true.

Now the scenario is poor female is playing in the hands of her parents and brother and husband can not even meet her to tell his side of story because the moment he lands in India - he will be stuck, arrested and will not be able to come back.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  8. Geetanjalikumar

Geetanjalikumar Gold IL'ite

It is very unfortunate that the family met with such a terrible accident. Reading both sides of case, there are many unaswered questions. If the accident happened in the heat of discussion or if Jenita's MIL tried to push her out of the car, then why was this not informed to US police. Jenita would have got justice in US in short time and for free when compared to Indian Judicial system. I am sure, US police would have interviewed all the poeple involved in the accident, spoken to medical authorities to rule out all the possibilities. It's definetly not easy to fool police in United States. Why did the doctor not inform police here? If a medical employee informs police, the state government automatically files a criminal case against the family on her behalf even if she is not willing to fight the case. So, it's hard to completely believe one side of the story.
    On the other side, if the husband was so nice towards her as he claims why did the wife, even coming out of such a terrible accident go against her husband to an extent of ruining his life and his family.
    In any case, there seem to be lot of hidden truth in this case and at this point it's hard to believe either of them. There is equal chance for the husband to be innocent in this case as the wife.
    Well, may God punish the real culprit soon.