1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Jenita Husband Side of Story ...Christy....

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sonalie, Jan 6, 2008.

1. drjp

drjp Senior IL'ite

Very nice Ria.
    Absolutely agree, irrespective of what happened before accident the way Christy and his family treated Jenita is totally unacceptable. Such men should be ostracized from the society.
    Why should they even get married if they cannot take responsibility of the women that gave up everything she knew to walk with him? And his excuses and his sisters statement.........total BS, anyone with an ounce of empathy can definitely read through the statement.
    I wish there were laws against these empathy less Narcisitic men and the families/people that support such behaviour.......that would clear a lot of problems in the society (not only marital).

2. rosequeen

rosequeen Bronze IL'ite

Having suffered abuse myself, I know what I'm talking about. I'm not taking any sides here. Maybe Christy is really a monster. Irrespective of what he did Jenita's family cannot hurl false acquisition that she was pushed out of the car. Two wrongs don't make a right.
    Sorry, ria I don't agree with you, hanging someone to death because they abused you seems too big a punishment for the crime. Hanging is justifiable only in the rarest case of murder.

3. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Rosequeen,

People's definition of right and wrong comes from their personalities and upbringing. For you abuse may be tolerable and livable thing,for me its not. If I could make a law , i would really hang people for screwing someone's mental state by abusing physically and mentally. Not that it changes anything. We just come from different school of thoughts.

I still dont see any repentence on your behalf on my point.. Do you justify leaving yourself alone in state of coma in hospital by so called husband?
    If you do.. then we just belong to different worlds.

Ria

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  4. Troubled7

Troubled7 Bronze IL'ite

Ria,

You need complete education.

I am in medical practice and I have seen quite a few times people leaving guardianship or claiming to be non relative, when medical bills start mounting.

What is surprising is why would family quit good medical treatment in USA and take somebody who is so dear to India - motive seems different here.

Before jumping to conclusion, think neutrally. USA is the country where if you commit crime chances of getting caught is far higher than in India. I think Jenita's family wanted to use corrupt Indian legal system to their advantage and that is the reason they took her to India.

Is there any criminal case filed against her husband in USA, then let it proceed. If US convicts him then there is a good chance to believe that he was a criminal but otherwise in my eyes he is absolutely innocent.

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  5. anonymou

anonymou Silver IL'ite

Law for lacking empathy! But why only againt empathy less men, why not against empathy less women as well? A wife not taking care of sick husband should be sent to jail?

The girl translates an accident due to fight to push over from car. That is clear perjury which needs to taken seriously in India. Giving false testimony to try to get a person punished for a crime he did not commit is lack of empathy as well.

1 person likes this.
  6. peacetips

peacetips Silver IL'ite

People here seem to talk as though it is a very cheap business (both financially & emotionally) for a family to take care of someone that is severely wounded and fight her criminal case in the US. Not to forget, Jenita's family traveled from India to the US.
    JMO, just because one person feels victimized due to laws favoring women, the entire system is viewed with doubt!

7. anonymou

anonymou Silver IL'ite

Filing criminal case is free in US. The victim does not have to fight it, the accussed fights it against the state.

1 person likes this.
  8. peacetips

peacetips Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the info anonymou. Consider accommodation and other expenses for someone that earns money in Indian rupees. It is likely, insurance may have covered patient charges but not for the family that is accompanying a patient.

I read some post where it mentioned 72 lacs were spent on a private plane to take Jenita to India. However I doubt the air tickets for her family to reach USA from India would have been 'sponsored".

9. digezt

digezt Senior IL'ite

Is there any law which states that it is ok for one person to be victimized/persecuted/prosecuted... sorry mam justice is supposed to be fair to everyone at least in letter if not in spirit. Looks like lamentation is the order of the day...

10. peacetips

peacetips Silver IL'ite

"is there any law which states that it is ok for one person to be victimized/persecuted/prosecuted... sorry mam justice is supposed to be fair to everyone at least in letter if not in spirit. Looks like lamentation is the order of the day..."

absolutely not, and so is trashing the entire 498 a's. All I am saying is misuse a law is bad, and victimizing or being a victim is bad too. I find comments like the following disturbing:

" I think Jenita's family wanted to use corrupt Indian legal system to their advantage and that is the reason they took her to India"

Did troubled doc go and see what happened? We are guessing! What T.doc knows is what is happening in his family. I can empathize with it. But what seems unacceptable is trashing the entire legal system that favors women.
    Sites like 489a.org is good NOT ONLY for innocent husbands, but also to those who have committed mistakes and want to escape! Let's not forget -not every case that is filed on this basis was designed to 'victimize' the innocent husband. Interestingly, less than 5 are convicted!

A small digression: There are numerous cases being discussed here on IL forums where women are unable to fight cases because of lack family or financial support. Eg: there are many cases where the NRI groom has love affair / already married. The wife is left with option a) overcome this and live as though nothing happened, b) divorce. Is there any law that would permit justice for them? Is option a and b justice to the woman who suffered?
    There are so many women & men who are tortured due to myriad of serious problems from the spouse, in laws etc etc (which do not always bind to what the law defines as 'crime').

I am not advocating misuse of any law, but the necessity of check points.