1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Jealous when your partner is friendly with another woman?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Huma, Jun 9, 2007.

1. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

It's different in these regards
    1. I never get to discuss things like marketing , business or general knowledge with women..(domt find many in tht area, although I am hunting like minded people)..But with men, many of them are so knowledgeable in these, not just in talking about my areas of interest but breaking down logics etc..And I have fun getting to know things from them...most importantly learning from them..

2. Men and emotions dont go together. So they are not the ones I ll turn to when I need. Besides I have female friends for that.

I have equal number of both male and female friends. And I am growing my circle too. I enjoy making friends, sharing information, hanging out etc..With male friends there obviously is a limit and that in my case i see my husband s reaction. I ll interact as long as he is comfortable...His emotions and our relationship is more important.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi vidya,

Me to. When i talk to my female friends either they talk about the husbands not doing this/that, about recipes, then mils...and serials..very few talk in general...and i find it not too enriching..

I have friends of veda, and others with whom i talk everything like the real estate, stock market, politics....but again have had to step down sometimes...as male ego could not accept....and actually veda encourages me to talk.... to the extent i have guys calling up to discuss or find out things...

This has never been an issue with us..........

3. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Shanthi,
    I was thinking about this reverse example on seeing an article in Women s Era. It said, a girl should avoid any male friends after marriage. But, I feel, within safe limits this is fine, given the advantages.

It's not odd that women discuss about recipes, MILs and husbands. They are emotional creatures in the planet. And talking out to other women friends makes them feel better. Also the fact lies that they operate with right brain.

With men, it's interesting getting to know new things, about technology, about costs, economics, sports etc..
    I am watching this movie called 'When harry met sally'. It has this dialogue repeating, that men are lustful. The only reason they get close is because of this and the article in May s issue of Women's Era said the same thing. I am not sure about this, coz I have some good friends.But there were friends who stopped talking as they used to, after my wedding. Weird :-(
    So assuming tht there is some truth in that statement, friendship with males with a line drawn is fun.

4. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    Jealousy is not uncommon with women. Specially when it concerns the person you love.But i think we must trust our partners and be like friends. With my husband, i know exactly when he is looking at another woman and what he is thinking, so i tell him hmmm looking at her she is good. That kind of friendly approach i have with my husband. Some people think i am too casual with my husband,but the fact is i trust him and i know where he draws the line. So its better we have a friendly approach and overcome that jealousy.
    We both have male and female friends , and we are comfortable with that.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  5. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

Jealousy when your partner is friendly with another woman -

I cant even imagine. I have so much trust on him and i havent seen him so friendly with another woman after our marriage. Its 6 years now. So suddenly if i see him doing things that he never ever did before, i should become alert and should check on him and ofcourse i will be jealous only if i know that they are crossing limits and would like to know what menaka majic she did that he has changed all of a sudden.

6. gmadhavi

gmadhavi New IL'ite

I would be lying if I say I was not jealous! :-D With him - I dont think so! I have more male friends than female (not intentional) (but you see I was a UNIX admin a long time back and I dont know any woman who were.. ) Over the years I lost that teene bit too.. Sad I dont crib anymore and he whines about it. :mrgreen:

But I remember being furious one night when one of his colleague acted a great deal at his farewell party that I was burning like a furnace and we were newly weds. She definetly had a great crush on him and was drunk to the core. :mad: Result - I didn't speak to him for the next week.