1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Jealous of own daughter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sirilu27, Oct 13, 2010.

1. sirilu27

sirilu27 New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I am expecting in Nov.Its a baby girl.But nowadays I am getting scared and jealous of her.Especially because of my husband. Until now he was very loving and caring towards me. But these days he is teasing me that after baby arrives, she will be the first priority. I know that he is joking but I feel there is some truth in his words. He also keeps saying that he will make the baby his pet and she will come to me only for her needs but once her needs are fulfilled, he will spend all his time with my daughter. He says she and he will be one party always etc etc..
    Somehow I am getting scared how the situation will be after she is born. I wonder if my hubby will care about me as much as he is caring now.Is this feeling normal? Is any other pregnant mom experiencing the same feeling. Please let me know.
    Thanks

2. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

Ha ha nice topic jealous!!! you will take care of your child more than him and team agaist him--dont worry--love before child is a good sign and you are lucky .......:thumbsup

3. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

hey sirlu
    relax dear ..yes kids will be our top most priority once they are born it doesnt mean we ignore spouse ..for the matter of fact even you start loving your kid more than your DH and you will love to see your dh loving your kid too this is my personal expierence .

4. swasa

swasa Senior IL'ite

Hey Sirilu!

U know what... the meaning of 'love' changes after a turning point... like... you will start loving ur husband because he loves ur daughter! Priorities change.. what not! Now a days I feel I should again become pregnant(after 2 kids) so that my husband could atleast hold my hand while crossing the road :bonk But atleast he is holding the kids hands, not some other woman!! Did u understand what I meant??

Well, dont fear that ur kid will go to ur husband only all the time... Kids are usually close to whoever wash their back and feed them the most whether it is mom or dad. Believe me!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  5. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Awwww.. soo cute ! :)

Siri, this shows how much you adore your hubby. Guess what, the fun will be when your hubby will recieve surprises.. ! The baby usually clings to the mommy for the first few months. You are the one who is going to BF the baby, not your hubby ! You are the one who will deliver the baby, not your hubby ! So, there is a lifelong bond and affection already between you and your baby.

My hubby used to always feel, I wont give him the attention I did when we have a baby.. Now, he is all over my son and gets paranoid if he cries for more than 10 mins ! :)

He does many things for him.. But, the minute my son spots me, he throws his arms out to me and screams Ma ! Hehe.. my hubbypie just hugs him tight and kisses him when he does that ! He started to adore the very closeness me and my son share too !

So, the babies will be close to mommies for many many months from birth, even if the father does most of things for them. Your hubby must be super excited about being a father, that is all ! And your hormones are making you feel all weird ! :)

THe next time your hubby teases you, simply say, " fair enough, take care of her.. atleast I will have a lott of free time for myself ! " ;) Trust me,
    ' you ' time will become a lott lesser and if your hubby volunteer to do everything for your baby, let him ! He will rush to you for help ! :crazy

When he comments that your baby will be his first priority and not you, simply smile and say WOW !
    The more you dont give weightage to what he says, the less he will comment ! :)

Things will turn beautifully different from November ! Wait and watch ! :thumbsup

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  6. rpangel

rpangel New IL'ite

Hi Sirilu,

enjoy your preganancy period & all the attention you are getting now.
    You both will love your kid a lot & she will your first priority.
    In my case, my baby is one yr old, my DH feels that I don't spend the same time with him as I used to before the baby was born. He loves our baby a lot but tells that he loves me more than comes the baby for him, but I know that he loves her more than anything else in the world.
    I love her too the same...
    Jus chillax & Njoy...
    Take care...