1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Javalis ( Carnatic Music)

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by Cheeniya, May 19, 2020.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Years ago, my son-in-law's mother collected a few hundred Javalis (a type of composition that is a part of Carnatic Classical Music) as part of her M.Phil & Ph.D research work. Most of these were in Telugu, but a few are also from other Indian languages.
    While she originally wanted to publish the collection as a book, I thought we could also publish these via Internet - so that a larger population could search, and access the content.
    We're currently publishing only lyrics, in Telugu and English script. And we're posting a few javalis each week.
    Here're my requests:
    1) Please visit Javalis - Lyrics And More
    2) If you are interested in music, and particularly Javalis, please subscribe. You will get an update whenever a new Javali is posted
    3) Please share the site with your friends and acquantances who are interested in music / dance forms of India
    4) If you have any Javalis that you think you would like to share with us, please mail the same to javaliwebsite@gmail.com
    5) If you have any comments / feedback / requests about the site, please mail the same to javaliwebsite@gmail.com
    6) If you have access to the notation / audio / video of any Javalis, please mail the links/content to javaliwebsite@gmail.co

iyerviji likes this.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The story so far....

https://javali.blog has 1000 hits and counting
    24 javalis published, approximately 2-3 per day
    16 people subscribed via email
    4-5 via wordpress
    1-2 people sent comments, another couple sent mails of appreciation too

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Dr. Laksmi Ramaswamy Of Kotturpuram chennai has acknowledged my ref to her regarding this Javali website in Facebook. She is running Bharatha Natyam classes and was appointed by Tamilnadu Government as director consultant for their fine arts department. For more info google her name suffixing Kotturpuram.
    Thanks and Regards.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020