January 2014 Due Date Club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by suganvijay, May 9, 2013.

1. ashwinid01

ashwinid01 Gold IL'ite

Hey Priya,

So happy to read about the details of ur function :) .. Loved the arrangements you took care off.

Sugan,
    Wishing soumya and the babies the best of health.

Reena,
    My doctor dint tell anything about my weight,i dont think it matters so much as far as you have good HB count. Till now i have put on only 1.5 kgs of weight. (From last month to this month 1kg).
    Accordint to my LMP i completed 5 months yesterday. When i first tested for my pregnancy in may end i weighed 53,i used to weigh 50kgs normally before pregnancy. But now i weigh 51.5 after a heavy meal. So weight really isn't an issue different types of body put it on differently.

Regarding exercise,try walking little bit after ur office or in morning. Even i work and hardly find time to exercise. Till all these day i used cycle to office,but nowadays it rains here so i travel oneway by tram and while going back i walk. On weekends i end up walking 3-4 kms minimum.
    My doctor suggested to go swimming to relieve myself from hip joint pain,but i dunno swimming and dont want to try now. My Health Insurance provider has sent me exercise list with steps to follow and pics but my DH doesn't want me to do all that without guidance.. :)

My Updates,
    I feel the Kicks so much lately.. Yesterday had my 2nd Trimester scanning,and after scanning for whole day the movements were very strong. As am writing this also am feeling the movements :)
    The scanning went on well,doctor checked for 4 chambers of heart,stomach,brain,spinal cord. But due to position of baby she couldn't see fingers of baby so wants to do scanning again this week.. Gosh i feel still so tensed...

2. JazzyJazz

JazzyJazz Silver IL'ite

Hello ladies.

Congrats Reena and welcome to the club, nice to hear your experiences. Am yet to differentiate between kicks and hiccups. :)

Will definitely pray for Sowmya, she is in the safe mark of 24 weeks though, once you reach 24 weeks baby can survive outside but with lots of medical intervention(have a friend's friend whose baby faced such a situation :( ), not sure if it will be any comforting. :( My sincere prayers goes out to her and her babies. If she somehow reaches 36 weeks with all our prayers and wishes, it would be wonderful.

Nice to read about all the baby shower functions :) :) Making a note of all the procedures too. :) :)

Regarding weight, I think I have gained maximum already :( But Doc says it varies from person to person and even from 1 pregnancy to another. Trying to avoid junk - home made sweets, cakes, biscuits, etc but so difficult. I always used to love sweets and so its difficult. Staying with hubby so doing house work and will continue till whatever time I can. Washing vessels is the most difficult part and end up with back aches as bump comes in between sink and me and back gets stretched but still managing. Walking also I try and manage atleast an hour everyday but some days goes without any activity at all too.

Ladies, if there is only one exercise that you can do, then its Kegel. Its for the pelvic floor muscles. Google will give out ample results, else as time passes we might not have control of passing urine and stuff, so its advisable whether you're planning a normal delivery or C-section.

3. reenasuresh

reenasuresh Bronze IL'ite

@Purple Dreams: Thanks for your suggestions. I believe my bones are strong enough and medium framed.
    @Priyasaki & Ashwini: Even my exercises are my walking from home to bus stop to and from around 30 min daily, thanks for your comments
    @Jazz: Pls excuse me I couldn't control laughing LOL after reading this " bump comes in between sink and me":rotfl

1 person likes this.
  4. bjsmumbai

bjsmumbai Silver IL'ite

Reena, welcome.. all i know about weight is it varies from pregnancy to pregnancy and person to person. You can try milk with banana to gain weight. this is what my friend was doing while pregnant and wasnt gaining weight.
    Jazz, i am with you on wt gain.. i didnt gain any for 3 months and since last 2 months i have gained 5kgs :hide:
    prayers for Sowmya and her babies..

1 person likes this.
  5. MrsNavaneeth

MrsNavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends....

I am back to mom house yesterday. My function went well and everyone enjoyed. My cousin did the make up and my sis helped me in saree draping and hair do.
    I wanted my husband to sit near me, but in my IL's custom they don't seat husband in this function. But my Maternal aunties... called him and seated him near me. Nalungu was kept for both of us. Also few gents from my family ( perippa,chitthappa, brothers and kutties) did nalungu for us.In my IL's side,gents and kids won't do this nalungu, but in our family we have this as fun. Though my MIL and BIL were against all this and commented on this at home, I told, whatever it may be, I enjoyed it, coz he was with me, or else my eyes would have always searched for him and spoilt the joy.

Altogether, we both looked great and enjoyed every moment. It was 'Subam' :) Will share the pics soon.

As usual every day went on @ mil house with comparitive analysis with my co-sister. She was not happy at all,but I keep avoiding all such talks and faces.

Hope all are doing fine, I will be more active in IL from now on :)

2 people like this.
  6. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Hi Nava,
    Thats great! Waiting for pics from you and Priya! So how about the food and bangle part? Can you tell me how did you distribute bangles and thamboolam? Sorry about series of questions... Just wanted to know! How about the seer thattu n all.. How many plates are we supposed to keep?
    Good that you had hubby alongside you! :)

1 person likes this.
  7. priyasaki

priyasaki Gold IL'ite

Nava,

happy to hear abt ur function...
    even in our custom dh should not sit with me, as i know it already i was prepared for it...
    but dh got diappointed, our custom is i should not see him when leaving to moms place...
    when i was leaving he was standing in front one of my aunt told to him don't stand in front of ur wife, so he left the place...
    i think this custom came because the girl may cry thinking that she cannot see her dh for next few months since she is leaving to her mom's place... so to avoid that they are preventing her to see dh while leaving inlaws place, just my guess...

8. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Priya,
    Nice guess! :) may be that's true too! :) sometimes that's why during wedding ceremonies n all they don't allow parents to do few customs only the maternal aunt or uncle should do. May be that time we will feel missing parents na ;)

9. MrsNavaneeth

MrsNavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hi Sugan,

My mom got 60 dozens of bangles of different sizes,manjal kumkumam, jasmine ,beetle leaves. My mil got thick cover with Ganapathy picture and other designs around with 'Thank you for your gracious presence' wordings, kept eversilver bowl,kept all the above got by mom and gifted to everyone :).

For seeru thattu, mom kept 5 types of rice - Chakkari pongal, lemon rice, tamarind rice, karuveppillai rice, and curd rice. For sweets and karam 5 types : Murukku,adhirasam,somasu,rava laddu and ommapodi.
    Apart from this... 20 plates that had fruits ,flowers,coconut,etc etc...

My mom gifted all kids with metal set bangles(around 50rs each).To my mil and cosister and her daughter she gave very costly bangles.

I could not enjoy my mom side food or the lunch meals from my hubby... I felt very tired towards the end and waited to remove saree ,garland and jadai malai that was heavy. :)

10. MrsNavaneeth

MrsNavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Priya, my mom took me only yesterday, as she wanted to take me in 7th month. My hubby came to send off and we both were upset from the day of babyshower thinking about geographical separation. Even now he wants my nod to take be back to Dubai. We both are going to miss each other a lot if I stay here :-(
    I hope he will come and stay with me atleast a day before he leaves to Dubai. My mil is very cunny. When my mom asked her to send my husband to home, she said, ' mmm you take ur son-in-law.. let them take their son in law (my bil).' Even if my husband wish to come to my mom house, she is not willing..... :-(