January 2014 Due Date Club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by suganvijay, May 9, 2013.

1. purpledreams

purpledreams Silver IL'ite

Very happy to hear about function details dear Priya..hope you had a very nice time with everyone around you..
    Do share pics with us when you get the copies.. loved to hear that you decorated hair in kerala style..

Do stay wherever you are most comfortable with. hope your dh understands that..

Nava... how was your function...waiting for your update :)

2. reenasuresh

reenasuresh Bronze IL'ite

Hi Pregges!

I am silent reader of threads:)
    Just would like to share my 22nd week experience with you all
    Feeling KICKS, hicupps, stretching and movements :D
    So so excited to show it to my Hubby and Friends
    Had been to check up and anomaly scan, Got to know that baby and myself weight are just above bottom line :(
    Doc advised me to reach at least middle line and also not expecting higher one, which may lead to overweight. She suggested me food like chicken(3 week), egg daily, milk twice, channa, moongdal etc.
    Bothered that this shouldn't lead to premature and problem with baby's growing organs:(
    I'm not having any hunger at all, forcefully eating food.
    Unable to sleep on my sides which leads to pains and numbness, badly wanting to sleep at back - But shouldn't.
    Stopped eating heavy and masala food at nights.
    As I am working I am not spending much time for walking/exercises, Any mild exercise names for normal delivery?
    How to increase my weight?
    How can get peaceful sleep?

Also happy to share that next month we fixed date for valakappu:) :)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. KHaridraK

KHaridraK Silver IL'ite

Hi Reena,

Happy 2 read about ur baby's kicks,hiccups,movements...njoy each moment gal!

Follow the diet as suggested by ur Dr yaar,u & ur baby will definitely reach the
    desired weight soon.....don't keep worrying dear!!!

My Dr said that the pain,numbness are common in this trimester,even i'm feelin
    uncomfortable da....anyway i hope v will all pass this phase soon....

Try 2 have hot milk b4 u go to bed....howz ur prep 4 ur baby shower Reena,u can get
    various ideas from r friends here..

All the best 4 ur Big Day!!!!

4. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Hi Priya,
    Awesome to hear about the function updates da... :)
    pls let me know on what all size bangles you got and how many bangles are we supposed to give for each of them.. we were planning to tie 4 bangles each in a small thread an keep it.. so that whichever size and color ppl like can take it na.. actually we asked in the shop and they told 2*6 is the bangle size which mostly fits all.. and I had to buy bigger for me da.. as I didnt want hassles for ppl to put it in my hands. and for me itself we bought 5 colors and each color is about 2 dozens so there will be almost 6 dozens remaining that also we thought we will put in plates for ppl to wear. also in 2*6 w got 24 dozens of 3 colors. and then for kids we got plastic trendy bangles da.. of various sizes.. like around 10 sets. but now I'm doubtful should i get some 2*4 sizes also? kindly let me know about the detailing of bangles da.. and regarding the menu also.. what all types of Rice you had? thamboolam.. how many plates did you keep for the function and what were the return gifts that you gave da? sorry for bothering you with too may questions da. Would appreciate your response da.. NAVA... If you can answer the same too.. I would be double happy! :):)

Reena.. Happy to hear the update from you! :) when is your function planned ? which part of India are you from ?

5. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Hi All!
    Sowmya had messaged me today and per what she told me.. she is been instructed to get admitted in Hospital for the rest of her months till her due date due to her cervical incompetence.. We will all pray for her recovery and her Kids well being. I hope All 3 of them make it up to the due date successfully without any hassles! :(

6. priyasaki

priyasaki Gold IL'ite

Sugan,

we tied 2 bangles in a thread da... this is what we usually do...
    shopkeeper is right, 2-6 suits for all...
    if u have any girls in ur house of age 15-20, 2-4 will suit for them...
    in our house i had 5 girls of that age and so i bought 2-4 size also...

if 2-6 doesn't fit for u, get 2-8...
    or there is a size called unsize(this is what shopkeeper told), get that also...

i got 6 dozens for myself, it was enough for the entire crowd to put...
    u can get more also, sure in 1 or 2 weeks the bangles will break and u can use the remaining bangles up to delivery...

Food - in our caste it is always morning breakfast da...
    we will have breakfast items + 5 rice varieties(each 1 spoon)...
    gulabjamun, ulunthu vadai, pepper mini idly, vegetable oothappam, pongal, upma,
    lemon rice, tomato rice, puliyothrai, coconut rice and curd rice...
    the menu was too long, pongal and upma was remaining so we gave to orphonage after 1 hr...

return gifts we will give only for 5 ladies...
    a silver tiffen box( i thought of getting tupperware, but elders were against it)...
    inside the box we should keep turmeric pod, kumkum,sacred yellow thread, chocolate, lemon, beetle leaf and paaku...

reg plates, 5 plates full of bangles, i kept different sizes in different plates...
    chocolate, kalkandu, beetle leaf, sweet, banana...
    we won't keep coconut for valaikappu, if it is ok in urs decorate 5 coconuts and keep that also...

if u have any other questions feel free to ask me da...

Purple,

i am comfortable at mom's place, but i can't ask my dh to stay here for 5 more months...
    i want to be with him also(meesaikkum aasai koolukum asai), will try to convince him in 2 weeks...

7. reenasuresh

@Haridra: Thanks you for your time and suggestions Haridra :)
    About to give my reception saree for dry wash as we shouldn't wear any new clothes.
    But my mom is gifting me a silk saree:)
    As told by Priyasaki need to go in search of bangles :)
    @Sugan: Function is on OCt 6th sunday, among all auspicious days I found Sunday to be best free for all to attend and I am basically a chennaiity but settled in B'lore and follow telugu customs :)
    @Priyasaki: Sounds like it was well planned and really helpful for us to follow with

8. reenasuresh

Ladies,
    I want some more suggestions from your end for the below highlighted quotes:(

9. purpledreams

purpledreams Silver IL'ite

Congrats reena..Welcome to share everything here...

Are you small framed. ? How much have you gained after becoming preg.. its ok if you dont have much tiredness. I gained only 3kgs till now. Doctor says its ok. Include more protein rich foods as suggested by your doctor.

I am also searching for exercises during 2nd trimester, there's lot of instructional videos regarding this. As of now my exercise pattern is only 30-45 min walking daily.

Sleep on left side with supporting pillows between legs or right side .

10. priyasaki

priyasaki Gold IL'ite

reena,

i have not gained weight yet, not even 1 kg...
    actually my weight got reduced by 1kg after my pregnancy and it is getting maintained for the past 4 months... dr said it is normal upto 5 months...
    need to check weight in this check up...

reg exercise - i am also working and not doing any household works...
    so i am walking daily...
    morning my dh drops in half way to office and so i will walk for 15 mins...
    evening i am not taking any cab or bus, i just walk from office to my home(30 mins)...
    night after dinner if dh is free we will go for walk for 45 mins...
    this is the only exercise i am doing these days...

peaceful sleep - last month it bothered me very much, but changed in 15 days...
    now i am sleeping form 11 to 4... will wake up suddenly at 4am and again go to sleep...

1 person likes this.