1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Janani's Revenge - Part 9 - Final Episode

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by navs23, May 3, 2011.

1. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Dear ILs,
    Janani's Revenge, has come to an end. This being my first attempt at story writing, thank you for enduring all the flaws and being there. Thank you very much for the wonderful comments and feedback, which kept me motivated and on track :bowdown

Part 9 - Final Episode

Janani was so glad to be pampered by some one, though younger than her and yet could not help feeling a little jealous.It had been long since she had seen her inlaws this active and it had been quite long since she had seen Vishnu chat for hours about little nothings like the weather, politics or cinema. Vishnu was still working as a consultant but no longer worked all day. He was back home by evening for Meera's coffee chat and was glad to see his parents come out of their room, which they never did these days and sit with them and share the old stories about Arya's mischief.

Arya was glad to be finally home and was amazed to see his parents, Meera and grandparents all busy in an excited animated conversation about something, that they had failed to notice his arrival. His grandparents never came out of the room most of the time and he had never seen his mom and dad sit together and chat in the evenings. Dad was always busy at his laptop and mom and grandma were so engrossed in the evening soaps that they barely spoke to each other during the evenings. Meera was thrilled on seeing Arya and ran into his arms, only to realize that the others were there and relieved herself from his embrace with a shy smile. Everyone was cheering around and Vishnu was surprised to see Janani smiling at Meera.

Something had snapped in Janani and she remembered when she had been newly married to Vishnu. He had treated her like a Goddess and when she had become pregnant with Arya, he had not let her put her feet on the floor literally. She remembered the nights that they spent talking sweet nothings, the way he had confided in her and shared everything. She remembered the first time they had been away from each other. She had been crying ever since the day she found out about the trip and when he left she had shut the door at his face and shouted that she did not wish to see his face. He had left with tears in his eyes, which had, had no effect on her. And when he had come back home with his arms stretched, she had cried, confronted and hurt him as much as possible to show her displeasure. And when Vishnu was struggling to balance between his work and family, she had given him no breathing space. She had severed her intimacy with him as a punishment, which she thought was a punishment, a revenge for letting her spend so many days alone and bored. She had loved him so much that she had started to hate him when he had not spent more time with her. And once Arya had come into their life, she had shut Vishnu completely by giving all her the time to Arya. A tear trickled down her eyes, which no one saw.

Vishnu was trying to remember the first year of his marriage with Janani, before Arya was born, and did not know if Janani even remembered those sweet times. How much had he missed, lost all these years, he could not understand. He never understood what had made Janani distance herself from him completely. She had been the most passionate and emotional woman, showered him with so much love and affection, been miserable to even be away from him for a few days. She had been his soul mate, the one person who understood all his fears and the only person whom he could confide in. That one year, though a short span of time, had been the best year in his life. After Arya was born and Janani had completely distanced herself from him in the name of focusing on Arya, his heart had broken into a million pieces and left a void that nothing, not even the little sweet heart could fill up. He had focused hard at work and put his heart and soul into his career. All his hard work and efforts had paid off well and he had become more and more a workaholic to forget the pain. It had been several years since Vishnu had cried and could not stop the little tear from landing on his cheek.

They had lost so much, so much time had gone by and all for a stupid reason. Oh my God, what have I done with our lives, Janani thought. What had she done, she had punished Vishnu, herself and her family, for what? When had they really grown apart? she thought. Why had Vishnu let them grow apart? But, had she not ignored his pleas, his efforts to make things right, all the while? She had been such an ego maniac that she had failed to see life pass by and slip through her fingers, just, while she was watching. Did Vishnu still love her? she had shredded his heart into pieces and watched him crumble. She had been the most devoted and sweet mother to Arya and the most adored teacher by so many little ones. She had been a dutiful daughter in law and daughter. But, she been such a monster to Vishnu, the one person who had treated her like a Goddess, with no expectations at all, the one person who deserved all the respect and love from her. Janani sobbed uncontrollably in her room, what had she done? After hours of crying, she came out, her mind made up.

Vishnu was reading a book on the couch. Janani came and sat next to him. He kept the book aside and wondered what she wanted to talk about, he knew for sure it would be about Arya or Meera or something about the house tax or bills. He was surprised when Janani took his hands in hers and asked if they could go for a walk and then to the temple. He rose up to call Arya and Meera to ask them if they wanted to accompany, but Janani hushed him and said she would like to go alone with him. Vishnu did not know how to react, Janani was smiling and her face showed a clarity and contentment that he had not seen for years. He wanted to pinch himself and see if he was dreaming, but when a warm tear fell from Janani's eyes on hands, he knew it must be real.

A lot of time had gone by, but it was never late. Life had finally decided to give them a chance. He longed for her company more now than when he had been young. He was just glad to hold her hands and walk with her. They did not rush to fill up the lost years. They spoke less and had little to share and yet it was enough. Just having her next to him was enough to grow old together and cherish what little life was left for them.

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4
    Part 5
    Part 6
    Part 7
    Part 8

2. MeenaRamki

MeenaRamki Junior IL'ite

That was a good finish...do come up with more stories.

3. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for the first feedback Meena and thank you very much for the encouraging comments :)

4. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

good one.. i bet there are some people like this Janani..

5. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Vidu, I am so glad you liked it :) Most of us take an ego trip some time or the other, only that people like Janani just overdo it :bonk

6. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

wow.. for her ego, she wasted her whole life and all their love that they could have enjoyed..
    nice write-up and good message.

7. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you SM, glad to know you liked it :) So true, sometimes, ego blinds one so much that they miss to see what is really important in life :hide: I have seen a neighbor's girl divorce her husband just after 5 months after the wedding just because he said no to buying an expensive saree that would cost him his entire month's pay. Her version, 'if he could not let her decide for such a small thing, what is the point living with him?' I just couldnt believe what I heard and that such crazy people existed :bonk

8. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

awesome.. lovely story.. true.. this is almost happeing in any humans life... I loved the pace and narration.. unbelievable.. is it ur first story?

9. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Navs,i really enjoyed the story....could relate to the stories that happen in a lot of places....

When a child is born,many couples turn to parents and never or hardly return back to the couples state...this creates a lot of gap among the couples which they fail to understand...kids are important part of life but so is love among the husband and wife....

there is a saying in tamil "Kan kettaparam surya namaskaram"...means doing namaskaram to the sun where you have blind...there is no use na...life once gone can never come back...

your story would have indeed poked few parents who have forgotten their romantic life and i am very sure they would change now...thanks for the lovely story

lovely narration and lovely message!!!!!!

keep writing............

10. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback Swaran :) Loved your analysis, so true, though Janani and Vishnu realized what they had lost and patched up, it is definitely late and more 'Kan Kettapuram Surya Namaskaram'. Sadly, their entire youth and a lot of time has been lost :hide: This being a purely fiction story, I am not sure if there is anyone who would go to the extreme like Janani, but if there are and if this story makes them think, I am only glad :bowdown