1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Janani now turned 13

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by swathi14, Aug 4, 2010.

1. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Kamala, your responsibility is increased now. Take care of your daughter. Already she looked nice, now she looks so beauty and shiny. take care" Kamala's mother told these words for the 100th time.

Proudly Kamala looked her daughter Janani - a 13 year old 8th Standard girl. Today is Janani's puberty function. All relations came, gave nice dresses, jewels and so much of advice.

Janani heard all comments calmly and life went smoothly after that.

But Kamala smelt some change in her daughter. Usually Janani wont take care of her looks, but now she stands before the mirror all the time, trimming her eyebrows, checking her body.

"Amma, for my birthday I want Masakali churidar"

"No Janani, it wont suit you. The hands are so transperant and I wont buy it for you"

"But, amma all my friends are wearing it. What is wrong in that. I am only 13. Now only I can enjoy these dresses"

"Janani, You are 13 now. You should not wear these type of dresses. And, one more advise, dont invite your class boys here. Others will think badly."

"But amma, all these days they were coming here to clarify their doubts and to do the homeworks. What happened now?"

"Dont ask any more questions"

From that date Kamala changed. "Dont watch this type of movies, dont read these type of books, dont stand in the entrance, be quiet, dont run, dont jump, eat this

It is full of instructions of Janani. She understood that it is all because of her love only Kamala is doing this. But could not digest the force.

One day after school, Janani looked so tired. She told her mother, "Amma the computer science sir is not okay"

"Janani, what happened, any problem"

"No problem amma, but he beats us and gives so much of homeworks and his behaviour with girl students is not good amma"

"Did he misbehaved with you"

"No amma, I know what to do in that situation. Today he called my best friend to his room and started telling some vulgar jokes. Radha just escaped from his room"

"Nice thing, she did. So what you are worrying now"

"Amma, this should not continue. So we have decided to give a complaint against him with the principal"

That day went. But after 2 days, Janani was so quiet, didnt took her snacks and was silently sitting in the hall.

Kamal asked her"Janani any problem?"

"Ma, that day we decided to complaint about the sir know, but no body has that guts to tell it to the principal, I only went and complained about him. Principal made the enquiry and even Radha feared to tell the truth. The complaint was rejected and he is still continuing as our sir"

"Oh janani, what you have done? When all others are silent, why you are complaining about him. I would have asked your daddy to visit the principal. Now see what happened, the sir will do some thing to you"

"Ma, I am not a kid. I know how to handle these type of persons. I have read in so many books on how to react to these type of cheap persons. Ma, if we keep silent only they will continue their silly acts. We should stop him at once. Ma, dont worry, I am 13 now and I know what to do"

Kamala just stood stunned, the girl before her - who wept for a whole day for her lost pet dog, who just fight with her for small things, who she thought was a kid now became a girl with courage and boldness.

Now Kamala understood her daughter and no more worries for janani now.

2. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Nice Story Swathi.

Now a days Kids know to handle themselves because of their exposure to the outside world.

Good one

3. mehdi

mehdi New IL'ite

Hey nice story...........I remember my mum taking tension wen i stepped puberty....

4. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

A good story. Janani sure has shown some courage.

5. madhoo78

madhoo78 Bronze IL'ite

nice post! today's kids learn everything by themselves. in fact, they teach us.

6. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Good story Swathi... wish every girl should be as bold as Janani...

7. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hai Raba

Thanks for the 1st FB. You r right. Kids of today's are 100% bold than us.

Andal

8. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mehdi,

My mom gave 1000 instructions to me daily. But that is not neccessary for present generation. That know what to do.

Thanks for sharing your comments.

Andal

9. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Gayathri,

Thanks for stepping and enjoying my story.

andal

10. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hai Madhoo,

U are correct. We should learn from the younger generation.

andal