****Jan 2011 Date Dues****

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Koms20, May 12, 2010.

1. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

Hi Tugga,
    congratulations on your pregnancy. i belong to the Aug 2010 mommies club. pressure of the uterus on bladder makes you go to loo more. slight pain in the abdomen region is normal.
    i think its better to avoid intercourse in the first trimester unless your gynec advises it. In regard to gas problem try to have 5-6 small meals instead of 3 large ones. Drink lots of butter milk. it helps in reducing gas problem and help relieving acidity problem also. eat well and take care of your health. drink cool milk to avoid gas problem.
    dizziness and pain in breast is common and is a result of raging hormones. it will go away once you are past the first trimester.
    Hansika

2. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi Tugga,

Hope you remember me :hiya..Nice to see you with this good news..Congrats on your pregnancy dear :cheers.

1) Nausea :- Very very common symptom so do not panic.Get up slowly and do things slowly when you are not comfortable or feel dizzy.Eat small meals every 2 hours.Do not dump in one stretch.

2) It is a boon that you don't like spicy foods and unable to drink tea/coffe..Both are not at all essential during your pregnancy.So dear feel happy about this and indulge in healthy foods.

3) Nice to hear that you like sweets but please have a limit :drool

4) Urinating often is not a problem some experience it from the beginning and few from their second trimester onwards.There are many medical reasons behidn it.DO not worry.

5) Yes every now and then there are changes in our body especially breasts..They become tender or shapeless or oversized. All those symptoms you had mentioned are very natural.I have undergone and still experiencing all those.AT times i cant even bear my inners..When i try to remove them i would like taking off a plaster from a wound.

My tips are:-

1. Drink loads and loads of water.try to increase the volume day by day though not in a stretch.

2. Back ache and back pain are un-avoidable.We have keep changing our position to comfort us.And walk then and then instead of lying down throughout.

3. Try to do 1/2 hr walking and then increase gradually as per doctors advice.Do not strain and walk.Just enjoy walking.

4. Have plenty of fruits and veggies.Rather than juices fruits are better.So as to intake the fibre richness.

5. Try to include fibre rich contents like whole wheat and reduce the intake of rice.

6. Soak few almonds(6-7) overnight and eat in the morning as soon as you brush.Do not over-eat.Also nuts like walnuts and dry fruits are necessary.Munch them then and then instead of taking junk foods.

Regarding IC sorry i have no clues..Would be great if you put a word to the gynec and share with us :)..The gynec will guide you clearly so do not panic or worry much.

Hope these details help you.Take care.Step in often and share your experiences.Take care.

3. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

Dear Tugga

Many congratulations for your pregnancy.
    Am from JUly club. The symptoms that you have written are very common and i ve experienced them all during my initial days.coming to the questions you asked...
    1. IC (sex) ok during first trimester?
    Yes its safe upto third trimester . But only in first trimester you can enjoy it comfortably later on belly becomes big so its difficult.
    2.Is such pains/uncomfortable feeling in my breast and lower abdomen ok?
    yes its absolutely fine. you ll continue to feel soar breast till the end. Some times its so much that it hurts even by touching accidentally. so dont worry.
    3. Is that ok to urinate more?
    Yes. Uterus expands and puts more pressure on bladder hence increased urination.
    -4. And also, I already have gas troubles.. Now a days due to my bad timing of food habbits, I think it has increased. That coupled with my pregnancy symptoms gives me more pains and uncomforts. Is that ok?
    Yes again. You can take frequent light meals to avoid it and increase the water intake it will really help.

5. What should I tell/ask during my first ever Gynec appointment tomorrow??????? I am cluless.. Please guide me:)

You can discuss these issues with her and ask about the 8th week scan which will confirm whether every thing is all right and its a single or multiple preg. i mean twins...
    She may also do the internal examination to access the uterus size so be prepared for it.
    She ll advice you to do some breast exercises to keep the nipples firm for BF later on.

Take care dear and eat/ Drink well.
    Enjoy ur pregnancy....

Deepa

4. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Thanks to all.. Very useful tips... I will surely update about my Gyneac visit tomorrow. Till then bye from Tugga

5. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

I met my gyneac on saturday. That day only we officially confirmed our pregnancy by a positive urine test. And that was my firstever gyneac visit in life.. So I was little curious to learn everything (as much as possible) about pregnancy;)

He said vomiting, nausea, diziness and tiredness during pregnancy is a very common issue and its a very good sign for a healthy baby. So whenever the mother says about such signs, the gyneac feels happy and relaxed about the baby/ and mom. So, I am happily experiencing all these discomforts:)

He also asked me about the pain in my lower abdomen.. Indeed, I wanted to discuss about this with him, because I could feel such mild pain in the left side of my abdomen. He said that a good sign, as my uteres and other parts are trying to expand their size to give space to my baby and hence the pain is.

Regarding food, the gyneac said all foods are good in moderation. Chicken, fruits, and nuts are the healthy items and there is no restrictions on foods. Papaya, pine apple and brahmis should be avoided if possible, but not so dangerous for the baby as shown in the movies. That too fine if taken in moderation.

Sex (IC) is ok and it is upto the pregnant woman's comfort level. If there is any pain or any pressure on the stomach area, then it is good to avoid.. But normal sex is healthy and good.. So no problems.

At the same time, pregnant women are more immune to UTI (urinary track infections) and that may pass on to their body during IC. So, having clean vergina, frequent urination, and neat underwears would protect them from this deseace. Also he adviced men should wash their private areas before IC as the virus may pass on from their pennies too.

Some vitamins and tonics were given to me as I am so weak due to nausea.

The scan will be done during my second visit only... and he said there is no need to visit a gyneac inbetween unless there is any strange signs.

6. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi Tugga,

Thatz cool.Hope you are clear now :).Take care fo your health.This is rest time gal which we wont get that easily.So eat healthy and stay healthy.Drink loads and loads of water.Enjoy your pregnancy :thumbsup

7. deepanair

deepanair Senior IL'ite

Hi koms and Tugga,

congrats on your pregnancies ,hope you enjoy it to the fullest despite the discomforts!:thumbsup

Tugga- Regarding gas. I too have the same issue. going out for short walks, light exercise, eating light small meals instead of larger ones, and including fennel in your diet esp after food helps a lot. Also identity the food that causes gas and try to minimize the intake. Drink warm lemon juice that also worked with me. Hope this helps

Deepa

8. Koms20

Koms20 New IL'ite

hi Tugga,

nice to see u have joined me in the Jan thread.. wow.. gd u have had all ur questions answered by ur gynae as well as our experienced ILs..:thumbsup
    Ur almost 7 wks now i guess...

I have yet to go for my 1st appt...which happens to be next week. I would be 7 wks by then...

When is ur due date? Did the gynae mention anything & whenz the next scan?

Thx ILs... for the well wishes!!! :coffee
    I am into my 6 th wk now..not much pbs..no MS..increased hunger and gas..managable i guess for now..:biglaugh

9. Koms20

Koms20 New IL'ite

Hi Tugga...

oops guess i missed ur EDD..which is on the 13th Jan ..u had mentioned.

ILs....

I was wondering if we r taking vitamins meant for preggie ladies..
    is it a need to add on the milk we find in the markets esp. for pregnant ladies?

confused on that.. if we took that on top of vitamins.. will it be too much?
    Is soya bean milk good for preggie ladies in 1st trimester?

When should one take saffrom milk...? is it true that its not safe during 1st trimester?

:hide:Koms

10. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi Koms,

hope you are doing good.Saffron induces heat in our body thatz why doctors restrict such products till we complete our first trimester.It is always safe to have them after 5th month of pregnancy.Just 2 strings are more than enough per day.