****Jan 2011 Date Dues****

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Koms20, May 12, 2010.

1. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi koms,

happy to help you :cheers

since me too being an expectant mom..i know how eager and thrilled you would be to face all these :)

generally the gynec asks us to do an ultrasound scan to check the fetal heart beat rate and to ensure other details..they might prescribe few tablets relating to folic acid or iron or calcium..it all depends ..

this is how it is in our place..no hard and fast rules..

no worries dear..

do not strain yourselves..eat healthy and drink plenty of water..see to that things are clean and you are in a clean environment ..tahtz it.get back to us anytime for any doubts..

2. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

Hey Koms
    well my 1st trimester was horrible coz of nausea and all after wards its smooth till today.
    ONLY thing is my HB fluctuates sometimes. So i ll advice you to be careful about your diet from now on. Regarding the weight gain, I lost about 2khs in my 1st trimester and gained from my 2nd trimester.
    In 8th week they do a scan to check if baby is doing well and all and if there are twins. So you will be going for it soon. All the best and do share with us your first scan experience.

3. marina20

marina20 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Koms..heart congratulations on ur pregnancy...so glad to see Jan 2011 mommies club...

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Koms.... :)
    Hope many more join you in this thread & share your pregnancy journey...
    Enjoy your pregnancy....

5. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

Hi koms

my hearty congrats on ur pregnancy....njoy ur precious period.

Hope many more join u.

take care..

6. Koms20

Koms20 New IL'ite

Thx AMul...:rotfl

7. newmum

newmum Senior IL'ite

Many congratulations to you Koms.
    I am from August DD club.So glad to see the Jan 2011 thread starting.
    Me too being the first time mom,can well imagine ur excitement and anxiety.Just saying don't worry won't do any thing I can understand that ,but still I would suggest you and all others who are soon going to join you that not to get over excited or tensed.Stay balanced and try to eat healthy.
    Do add one pomengranate in your daily diet to boost up ur HB.In fact alots of fruits bcoz in the beginning months you may not like to eat anything.
    Drink low fat milk 2 and if possible 3 times a day.Take Fruits which are not too sweet like Apple,Orange,Strawberries,Pomengranate.No papaya and pineapple at all.

Weight gain is different for all women.Some women tend to lose weight in the beginning months like I did.I lost almost 5-6 kgs in the first 3-4 months due to nausea.
    For the first trimester u'll be given folic acid and from second on iron and calcium will be added.
    First Scanning here is generally done between the 11th to 14th week,don't know abt Singapore.
    TAKE CARE

8. Koms20

Koms20 New IL'ite

:)Hi NewMum,

Many thx for the tips u have mentioned.
    I am trying not to get too aware of the fact that i am pregnant.
    I am having my confirmation on the 2nd of June.. when i am about 7 wks.

Yes.. so loads of fruits will help.. how about excercise wise?
    How r u coping? Ur BB coming out soon isnt it?
    So far i have no nausea.. i dunno if its because i am still early in pregnancy.

:bonkKoms

9. newmum

newmum Senior IL'ite

You are more than welcome Koms.
    No hard exercises throughout the pregnancy.The best one is half an hour walk daily.I had been waliking daily but now in third trimester I've become quite lazy.
    Not all the ladies get nausea but mostof us do get it.For me the nausea actually started in the 5th week,me being totally unaware of my pregnancy until after 6th week.:bonkwhen I did the test.
    If you feel nauseated then try to avoid foods(spicy especially) which can cause acidity and gas which in turn worsen nausea.

10. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Dear Allllllllllllllllllllll

I am sooooooooo happy to announce that I am pregnant and my due date will be 13 Jan 2011. So, I am so greatful to join this club. Thanks a lot Koms for starting this.

I have found out my pregnancy through repeated HPTs last week. Both turned out to be positives. My gynec appointment is on tomorrow, so then only both my urine tests and blood work will be done for the confirmation.

I am in my 6th week now.. 45th day from my last period.

Since last week, I have been noticing some difference in my body.

1) Nausea:- Its just too much in the mornings. I have vomitted almost daily while brushing my teeth in the early morning. Unable to drink coffee or tea afterwards.

2) I have taken no big meals for the last couple of days. I really hate spicy non veg foods now a days. Just 2 or 3 spoons of rice.. that's all. After that I feel like vomiting:(

3) Generally I like spicy and hot foods, but now all of a sudden my taste has changed to sweet items, which I don't like before:)

4) I feel like I need to urinate more often. Specially I wake up during mid nights once or twice to urinate.

5) Some uncomfortable feeling around my breast and lower abdomen area. Its like PMS or ovulation symptoms. Not hurthing though, but could feel the difference.

6) Swallon breasts.. The size of my breats have been changing.. And its so painful at night times when you change/remove your BRA. The nipples pain a lot.

7) I also feel dizy.. May be due to lack of food...

I used to eat fruits and juices as much as possible and drink milk at night. Other than that I am unable to eat anything:(

I have a few questions as I am also a first time mom..

- Is IC (sex) ok during first trimester?
    - Is such pains/uncomfortable feeling in my breast and lower abdomen ok?
    - Is that ok to urinate more?
    - And also, I already have gas troubles.. Now a days due to my bad timing of food habbits, I think it has increased. That coupled with my pregnancy symptoms gives me more pains and uncomforts. Is that ok?

What should I tell/ask during my first ever Gynec appointment tomorrow??????? I am cluless.. Please guide me:)

Thanks