Jan 2009 mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by ashapradeep, May 20, 2008.

1. kanika

kanika New IL'ite

@Asha,
    How are you?Thanks for checking on me.Yes, my morning sickness is finally subsiding,now I just throw up once in a couple of days,and its a great relief.Second trimester really seems to be easy going.

@Monlisa,
    For sore throat try half a teaspoon ginger juice mixed with half a teaspoon honey at night,And don't drink water after it atleast for half an hour.It works for me,hope it works for you too.

Try flavouring plain water with lemon juice or try jaljeera.

Some people do feel exhausted and sleepy most of the time in pregnancy,I think its normal.

For healthy snacks you can try sprouted grains,boiled egg,fruit salad,fruit milk shake,dry fruits

Take care,
    Kanika

2. ashapradeep

ashapradeep Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mona,

Glad to know u had a safe trip. Was wondering since u hadnt posted for some time.

So u still having problem drinking water!!! Is ur taste in mouth better these days?? For me, once that bitter taste was gone, I was able to drink more water. What abt juices?? If u like them, u can try taking them. But try not going for ones that has too much sugar in it. Here, we get these flavored powders during summer, something like tang to be just mixed with cold water. Since there are a lot of flavors to choose from, I like taking it these days as supplement to water. Though I dont think it has any nutrients in it Witsend.

Am also pretty tired these days. I was told the 2nd trimester is something like a honey moon period and we get some energy burst etc. I am still waiting it :confused2:. I am not still eating as before. But have to eat small frequent meals as I get hungry every 2 hours. Nights are pretty difficult!!! For snacks, I have a box of dry fruits, nuts and fruits on my table. For sore throat, salt water gargling is supposed to be gud. Try taking citrus fruits or vit C tablets. I heard its gud for cold.

Take care dear.

Cheers,
    Asha

3. ashapradeep

Kanika,

Gud to know u r doing better these days. Definitely, second trimester is far better than first. Get all the sleep u can, coz I heard once we get bigger, sleeping can get uncomfortable.

Hey, did u go for the first trimester screening u were mentioning abt?? How did it go??

Cheers,
    Asha

4. Aruneh

Aruneh New IL'ite

Hello everyone :wave

How are you all? Hope everyone is fine & feeling good. :)

Well, since my last post some exciting things happened. I had my first doctors appointment. :) I didn't like the doctor, i felt she was very rushed, she talked very very fast. Anyone else have similar experiance with their doctor? Is this normal or should i find a new doctor?

I also had my first ultrasound & got to see my sweet little baby. :biggrin2:
    The ultrasound lasted 2-3 minutes & the doctor did not let us hear the baby's heartbeat which i was looking forward to after reading about the experiances here. I was 9 weeks at this time, Ultrasound done in India. Did any of you at this stage hear the heart beat while in India? Is the 2-3 minutes normal?

Else, i'm feeling good, except for some dizzyness & tiredness.

I'm really enjoying being part of this group, hope everyone will post lots & make this group super active. :-D

Take Care,
    Aruneh

5. ashapradeep

Hi Neha,
    So, u got the first glimpse of the LO!!! :clap. These are feeling that we cherish throughout the pregnancy. Enjoy it...

As for the u/s, I am not sure of the formalities in India. But I remember my sister telling me that she had her first one done only in the third month. They just prescribed folic acid and did some blood works for her till then. So, I guess its normal. It varies between doctors and there isnt any hard and fast rule. 2-3 mins USG is ok since u were able to see the baby. She might have felt everything is normal.

As for the doctor. it is important that u r comfortbale with ur gyneac, especially if u plan to have ur delivery by her. Check out if she is gud. I ve heard of lot of gyneac's who do rush up, but if they are gud in their profession, I think its what that matters!!! But it depends on u. If u really feel uncomfortable with her, its better to look for others. We are still in the initial stage. So no probs.

Take care of ur health and eat healthy.

Cheers,
    Asha

6. PrabhaSaravanan

PrabhaSaravanan Bronze IL'ite

due date in Jan2009

Hi Jan2009 momsHarhar,

My due date is on 8th of Jan2009.my Birthday too is jan 13th so.... excited to know that my baby too is going to be in Jan....now me in 15thweek successfully.I had severe vomitting till last week ,only now it has been little bit reduced.otherwise it was very hectic for me. Used to eat something, vomit and continue my work.. felt very bad last three months as an office going lady...:cry:anyways things getting better now...

Regards,
    PrabhaSaravanan.:wave

7. PrabhaSaravanan

Hi Asha and Kanika,
    Happy to know that you both too are going to get ur babies in Jan2009...Me too would like to join this club and share my feelings with you friends:cheers.My due date is on Jan8th 2009.u know my birthday is on jan13th ...also my wedding was on 20th Jan2008 ... so everything happening in Jan...was suffering from severe vomitting from the first month till last week,,,things getting better this week..hope again vomitting will not bother me..In which week you both fall now? me in 15th week which ends by tommorow.

Regards,

8. ashapradeep

Hi Prabha,

Congratulations and welcome to JAN DDC.

Nice to know u have so many things happening in Jan. I guess for this year God has sent a lovely b'day gift ur way. Enjoy!!!

Actually, there are 9 of us due in Jan. Monalisa has ur exact due date. She is also due on 8th.

Good that ur symptoms are subsiding. Most of us feel that way too since the second trimester started.

I am really enjoying this forum, with more and more people chipping in. Feel free to express ur doubts or opinions and lets make this journey a memorable one together. Wishing u a safe and healthy pregnancy ahead.

Cheers,
    Asha

9. PrabhaSaravanan

Hi Asha,

:thankyou2:so much...

:wowmonalisa too in same due date...I am much excited..

How about your medicine intakes.I have a query on taking tablets,,, actually my Dr.advised me tab. Susten in the initail months of pregnancy and again when I went for this month's check up again she has prescribed it....I asked her the reason and she said those are for precaution since I travel a long distance for my office..also I had taken more than 100s of tab.nosic for vomitting...Is there any side effects on taking these...can anyone tell me suggestion on this?

Regards,

10. ashapradeep

Hi Prabha,

I know its pretty exciting to share our feeling and to know there are others sailing in the same boat as u. Thats the reason I luv this forum.

As for tablets, I am only on folic acid. My gyneac dint give any prenatals also. I dont have much idea about Susten, except that it is the commercial name for progesterone. I browsed the net regarding this drug and it said unless u r deficient of this hormore, u r not advised to take it. Did they do a blood test to check the level of this hormorne for u?? Anyway, I think ur gyneac should be the best judge reg ur condition. If u have any doubts, ask for a second opinion. Regarding tablets for vomitting, I think its ok. I ve heard a lot of my friends taking them as they were not able to keep anything down without it. Maybe someone who has already used these can more throw light on it.

Eat healthy and keep smiling. Thats what really helps the baby.

Cheers,
    Asha