Jan 2009 mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by ashapradeep, May 20, 2008.

1. ashapradeep

ashapradeep Bronze IL'ite

Hey BTW have u had ur USG yet?? Neha was wondering about the procedure in India. Maybe u can tell ur experience...

Asha

2. Aruneh

Aruneh New IL'ite

Hello everyone :wave

Hope everyone is doing well. :)

Does anyone have any feeling on the gender on their baby yet? A few people have said they think/feel i'll have a sweet little baby girl :) I don't have any feeling yet about this but i heard many people do have these feelings, they just know that their baby is a boy or a girl. So ladies, please share your experiances. :)

Asha - Thank you for the reply, it was very helpful. :)

PrabhaSaravanan - Welcome & Congratulations! :)

My birthday is also in January & my baby is due January 28th so we have something in common. :) I also feel the same excitement at having found a group of ladies who are sharing the same experiance as me for the first time. :)

Take Care,
    Aruneh

3. ashapradeep

Hi girls,

Deepa, Ria, Dimple.... How are u all doing?? Havent heard from u for a long time!!! Hope everything is going well.

Neha, I ve also heard about the intuitions that they know the sex of the baby when they are pregnant. But like u I havent had any so far and no clue to what baby it is.

As for me, I went for my 4th month check up last saturday and had an USG done again. This time the baby's body seemed more proportionate to the head. The gyneac showed me the hands, legs, stomach etc and we cud see the heart beating too. What I was wondering was that everytime I go they do 2 scans. One she said was 3D and the other was 2D. Usually the technician does the 3D and shows us the baby's parts and then the gyneac does the 2D and check for the heart beat. When I got my result, it was mentioned in 3D images that it is 4D. I am totally confused now. What is the difference between 3D and 4D ultrasound. I ve seen pictures of 4D images on the net. Though this was not all that clear, I cud still see the baby's face and other parts clearly.

Another doubt - is it normal to do so many scans every month?? I know USG doesnt have any side effects, but is it ok to do it this frequently?? Any one else having so many scans done every month??

My next appointment is in 3 weeks, when I ll be 18 weeks and she mentioned they do a fetal anomaly scan at that time, this is a detailed 2nd trimester scan to check for any abnormalities in the foetus. Any one else doing this??

Asha

4. PrabhaSaravanan

PrabhaSaravanan Bronze IL'ite

Hi Asha,

Thank you so much for your reply,,,

How is your health now.

I am in 16th wk at present and stepping into fifth month this thursday.But my vomitting never stopped..I cannot go without my tablet.. so continuing it twice a day,, only then I am able to work with my office work...:cry:.Hope it will get to an end atleast after 5th month...lets wait and see.

Anyways you too eat healthy and take care Asha...

Regards,
    PrabhaSaravanan.:wave

5. Aruneh

Aruneh New IL'ite

Hi Asha :wave

I read that the difference between a 3d scan & 4d scan is that a 3d scan is just images but a 4d scan is a 3d scan in motion. I copied this from Google search:

"4D imaging was so named when it became possible to use ultrasound to obtain 3-Dimensional images in motion, as real time live-action videos. The 4th dimension is “time.” 4D is able to capture two to four images per second, which is much quicker than 3D machines. Currently, General Electric is the only company to manufacturer a 4D ultrasound machine. So, if you’re visiting a lab or freestanding commercial fetal imaging site that offers 4D, they’re using GE’s Voluson 730 Expert.

For “reassurance” or “keepsake” ultrasound purposes, 4D is incredible in that it can offer a view of the unborn baby moving around, yawning, sucking his or her thumb and even appearing to “wave” a hand. When used in a diagnostic setting, 4D makes it possible to assess fetal development and/or diagnose issues in real-time, on organs that are moving before the sonographer or doctor’s eyes. 4D ultrasound can also be employed in improving accuracy during medical biopsies or amniocentesis."

Hope that helps you. :)

Take Care,
    Aruneh

6. ashapradeep

Prabha, mrng sickness at 16th week!!! Must be terrible, especially since u r working. cheer up. dont worry. It ll subside soon. I just spoke to my friend who was in 20th week now and she was also complaining that her M/s hadnt subsided for long, but all of a sudden for the past one week, she doesnt havent any problem. So I hope it becomes better soon for u too!!!. Are u eating properly?? do u have any fud aversion??

Thanks Neha for the information. It was helpful. I was pretty confused as the technician mentioned that it was 3D but the fotos showed 4D.Witsend So I guess what I see on the screen was 4D and once the picture is taken, it is 3D. That makes sense :clap. I was looking through the forum and I came across a thread with 4D images. It was so cute to see the baby's facial expression. Now am waiting for the next scan :-D.

Cheers,
    Asha

7. ForeverPositive

ForeverPositive New IL'ite

Weight during 17th week

Hey all the Jan 2009 mommies,
    I was thinking that this would be the better sub group to start this topic.Since most of us would be in the same week of pregnancy.The only reason I thought of starting this thread is that I am a first time Mom and am pretty clueless about everything involving pregnancy (so please pardon my ignorance:hide:). And I also believe that when you have some data to compare with your peers it puts things in better perspective.

I am 5'6" tall with a pre-pregnancy weight of 148 lbs, BMI 24.3.In the 17th week I am 156 lbs.Would love to know how each of you'll have been with your respective weight gain!!!!!!

Lets see how far and how many others chip in....

Hope you'll are having a happy and healthy pregnancy:)

Regards & Best wishes

8. ashapradeep

Hi Dimple,

Nice to know ur pregnancy is moving smooth. Was wondering what happened to u guys.

My height is 5.4", pre pregnancy weight was 64 Kgs (141 lbs). I lost 2 kgs in my first trimester. My 15th week weight is 63 Kgs (136 lbs). For some people, weight gain is throughout their pregnancy, for some its in the final trimester. I am sure I ll be gaining lot of weight in my final trimester when I ll be home and enjoying my mom's cooking :-D. Anyway, dont keep worrying abt ur weight, as long as u r healthy its ok. But its better to minimise the weight gain, coz its easier to shed after delivery :wink:.

Cheers,
    Asha

9. ForeverPositive

ForeverPositive New IL'ite

Hi Asha,
    Good to hear from you and thanks for sharing your info.I am not worried about weight gain but have lately been highly confused.My PCP (i.e.Dr) says that I should not be putting on more than 18-20 pounds and all other sources (including the book "What to expect when you are expecting" suggest that a person of my weight and height should put on 25-30 pounds.So was seeking clarification.

Have been busy with work, walks and lil bit Ramdevbab yoga for pregnant women:), and so was not posting much.

You are in S.Korea.Is English spoken by mnay people there or do you speak Korean???

I am sure that you must be visiting these websites but just FYI:
    1.Baby, Pregnancy, Toddler, Baby Names, and Parenting Community - BabyCenter
    2.AskBaby.com - Pregnancy Guide, Baby Advice, Baby Clothing, Baby Names, Maternity .
    3.Parenting.com - The home of Parenting and Babytalk
    4.Pregnancy, Parenting and Family planning community and resources
    5.johsonsbaby.com

Take care and good luck with everything.

Regards and Cheers to the Future Capricornian Mom:)

10. ashapradeep

Hi Dimple,

Thanks for the links. Pretty useful.

About the weight gain, what my doctor said was that the baby with the fluid, placenta etc everything together doesnt weigh more than 5-51/2 Kg. So the rest of the weight is on us. So she said a weight gain of 8-10Kg is reasonable. If u r on the taller side or if u have been underweight to begin with then 10-12 Kg at the max. But more than that is not advised.

Yaah, I stay in south korea now. I am having trouble with the language. At work, hospital etc, it is ok, they speak english but have trouble shopping coz I have to find the korean term for everything.Witsend And I havent learnt too much of korean, just can manage... Thats all the more reason I want to go back to India for my delivery. What abt u guys?? Anyone coming to help u out there??

BTW I guess it ll be possible to know the baby's gender by next month. Any one of u planning to know or is it going to be a surprise??

Asha