Jan 2009 mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by ashapradeep, May 20, 2008.

1. ashapradeep

ashapradeep Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Am in my seventh week with my first baby. So pretty excited!!! My due date is in Jan 2009. Anyone in the same month???

As of now, vomitting hasnt started yet. But I do feel giddy at times, though not severe. I have severe food aversions. Certain smells make me nauseous, especially smell of coffee or cigar. My tongue feels so bitter as if out of fever and i ve completely lost my sense of taste. Though on certain days I ve an unsatiable hunger!!!

Anyone else in the same boat??? Post ur mesgs and share ur experiences so that we can support each other.

2. anshulkumar

anshulkumar New IL'ite

congrats Asha!

I was exactly in the same condition last yr... my due date was jan 2008 so its like i have recently exprienced all ths, m blessed wid a baby boy in jan.if u have any queries feel free to ask.
    i too used to feel hungry...n yes vomit will start in a week or two....
    u workin sme where?tc n njoi this time i think this is D BEST time in a woman's life.

cheers,
    Anshul

3. ashapradeep

Thanks a lot Anshul and congrats on ur baby!!! What's his name??

I agree pregnancy is the best time of a woman's life but am not sure if the first trimester is!!!

I just hope I get over this nausea and start eating properly. Something that I like today is not very appealing the next day and it is getting difficult to eat. I ve always had a gud apetite and used to love eating. But all of a sudden, the sight of fud turns me off!!!

I have my first ultrasound this saturday and am waiting eagerly to see what little I can of my baby.

Thanks again Anshul!!!

Asha

4. anshulkumar

anshulkumar New IL'ite

Hi Asha,

dont woory this nausea will dissapear,its matter of few weeks. i know its very irritating, i used to cry, as i was not even able to eat single meal.moreover as i was working i used to run to office toilet 8-9 times a day. moreover travelling in bus was iself a pain.
    take it lightly dont think about it. try to keep urself busy in other things.
    the more u think abt it the more giddy u feel.go daily for a walk.

take cr.

cheers,
    Anshul

5. ashapradeep

Hi Anshul,

I feel exactly the same now. am consoling myself that these will disappear soon and I ll be able to eat something!!! Same thing with work too. I am not able to concentrate or give in my best and am exhausted most of the time. I ve even gone to the point of quitting my job!!! But I realise if I sit at home now, I ll keep thinking abt it the whole day and it ll make my health as well as mood worse. Atleast now I have some kind of distraction!! I too have to rush to the toilet minimum of every hour and its driving me nutsWitsend...But I dont have to travel to work though:-D. I can understand that can be even more difficult.
    Let me hope all these symptoms will vanish and I am able to enjoy my pregnancy!!!
    Cheers,
    Asha

6. anshulkumar

anshulkumar New IL'ite

hey Asha,

dont even think of quitting job.it will really make u nuts....
    i went to office till last day, i mean i went to office on 28 jan came back at 7pm and got admitted at 11pm and 29 jan my son was born :)
    keep some cardommom ,some salty biscuits,wafers in your bag.carry a bottle with glucose water and keep drinking small portions in every hour. dont eat food at one go break your meal in small portions.dont worry about work dear nothing is more imp than your baby.after few weeks u'll b as normal as anything and will be able to work.
    take care and yes KEEP SMILING to have a smiling baby :)

cheers,
    Anshul

7. ashapradeep

Hi Anshul,
    am pretty amazed that u were able to work till the last date Bow. I dont intend to work till the end. Am planning to quit by the 7th month and move to India after that.
    Am trying to eat as little as possible. Even water goes in only with a little of lemon. Anyway thanks a lot for the advice.
    Am not much bothered about work. But my boss is not very understanding and when I told him that I was pregnant, I expected him to be considerate and enquire about my health. Instead, he said 'Oh is it' and continued with the conversation and expects me to push harder at the job. I was totally pissed off!!! Anyway, lets see how far I can manage with work under this kind of stress....
    So, u in ur maternity leave now?? How is ur son doing?? He must be almost 4 months now!!! do u get any sleep at all...
    Cheers,
    Asha

8. anshulkumar

anshulkumar New IL'ite

Hey Asha,

u said u'll move to india...where r u now a days?yaa m on maternity leave. m son is doin fine.njoi ur sleep as much as u can....becoz after delivery u wont b able to sleep...
    well unfortunately my manager was nt at all considerate, insipte of being a lady she used to create problems for me...
    anyways all the best and if you have any queries u can ask me no probs at all.i knw during this period daily i used to have 100 of questions in my mind...
    by the way what u want baby girl or baby boy :)
    tc

Cheers,
    Anshul

9. ashapradeep

Hey Anshul,
    Am in South korea now. So kinda difficult with the language here. Let me see how far I can make the doctor understand tomorrowWitsend. So was dilemmatic if I should come back to India or continue here. My tomorrow's visit will confirm that. Lets see...
    Yaaah!! Am sleeping a lot lately. I come back from work and sleep so much. Then get up, cook, eat and sleep again. So enjoying sleep as much as possible. Especially since with the giddiness, i feel better lying down and a friend told me that it might get difficult to sleep later on in pregnancy.
    Of course I did have a lot of doubts and still do. When I first knew that I was pregnant, the only sign that I had was a full bloated stomach and gas!!! And I had never heard these as symptoms of pregnancy. So I had no clue what was happening. It was later that I was told that this is coz of preg and will go away soon. Though it still hasnt gone much :confused2:
    I couldnt believe that my pants dont fit me already!!! Its coz of the bloating...So am already looking for maternity pants .

We want a girl. Even when we refer to our baby, we take it for granted that its 'She'. Lets see.

I ll be going tomorrow for the ultrasound. Will fill u with the details tomorrow. Though there is a small fear that everything should go fine. Anything that I should know before my ultrasound???

Cheers,
    Asha

10. anshulkumar

anshulkumar New IL'ite

hi Asha,

k so u workin in south korea... fine. in my case nobody in my office used to believe that i am pregnant till 6 months :). Nothing to worry about gastric trouble...just tell this to your doc tomoro.
    Well all the best for the ultrasound.u will really njoi watching your baby,i hope your husband will be doing with you, its really a nice experience.u dont need any preparations for that.
    well m happy to see you on my another thread.
    tc

Cheers,
    Anshul