1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Jaago Guruji Jaago

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Jaago Guruji Jaago

This blog has been brought about by two recent things.One is this Advertisment bombarding us about “ Jago Grahak Jago “ , telling us about our consumer rights.Over the hill actors, some pretty housewives, telling one another, amateurishly to check the weights, or haul the shopkeeper to the consumer court.Bores me to death really.

And the second one, is Harsha’s Guruji, called “ Babaji” coming end of this month to Jaipur.At least a few lakhs will attend this Show, at their own palatical grounds , 30 kms from my house .He does not come on Sanskar channel or any channel, and most houses have guests who come for Darshan, and I am no exception, and I have a few relatives coming over, most welcome, but pretty inconvienent, as they have to be transported to the Grounds.

I stay away from Gurus, as u all know, however good he may be, and I have a VIP pass, sitting right in front, among the few hundred lucky ones, but I do not exercise my right, just as I do not exercise my right to vote. Thousands of people from other parts of India,, and NRI’s come, and would give their right arm and left leg for attending this show, but I stay away.I may be crazy, but that is the way I am.

This blog is not about Guru Bashing, each to their own, this is about lost and missed financial opportunities for the Guruji,which I have repeatedly told Harsha about to convey to her Guruji through someone, but she says he is very rich, and does not want any more money.Well, Well, here are my ideas, well before I started to blog, now in frot of u all, for Baba to make money, rather mint money, and help the economy as well.

Financial Advise for all Babas to make and Mint Money, and help the Economy too

1) Babaji Airways - Every Guru’s initiary is planned a year in advance.They can choose the off season time to hold their Satsangs in any part of India, say Jaipur, and metropolitian cities.

For this Jaipur visit, at least 10,000 people will come to attend, out of which I am sure 2000 would be able to afford a flight.Let the office of Babaji charter planes from Jet, King Fisher, or anyone, this means at least 15 flights of 150 passengers one way.Say 5 flights are chartered from Mumbai to Jaipur, two Calcutta ,one Chennai etc.

If the normal rates are say 5000/-, Babaji can negotiate for say 3000 per seat, and it being a off season too, and charge the Customer, sorry devotee 4000/- So the devotee saves 1000/- , Babaji earns 1000/- per seat, and the Airlines will have a field day.

And since the devotees are all pure Vegetarians, Airlines save money on the expensive NonVeg too, and serve Veg food, with Bhajans being played, and everyone clapping and singing in the flight.

As they land, buses pick them up.

Hotels – Babaji can tie up with Hotels for the 3 or 4 days of the Satsang time.You can have the 5 stars, motels, small lodges, all sorts of budgets, where by Babaji gets discounted Rates, and he passes a part of the discount to the devotees, and he keeps some.

The kitchens to be fumigated a few days before, to make sure there is no non veg around, and the buses from the Airport take the devotees to the hotels concerned, and then from the hotel to the Grounds, and later back to the Hotels.

Can u imagine the income these Guru’s will garner, beside the income for the Industry starved of Business, and how much trouble it will save guys like me, who have guests and relatives coming over, and we have to take them that far, and waste a whole day.

In such a scenario, the guest would tell me, Kamal I am comfortable in the Hotel, than u, everything has been arranged for me, the hotel flight/train, and the transportation back and forth, I cant even come and see you, because they are taking us sightseeing too, and shopping,

You can imagine the scale of business and profits generated from just one Guru visit, for theAirlines, buses, hotels, restaurants in the city and so on.

Guru Code Share

And just as Jet and Kingfisher have made a common code, not to compete with each other, even Gurus need to do that.They must make sure, that no two Gurus descend in any town or city on the same days.that will be chaos for all concerned.

All the flights will be kept full, there will be no layoffs in the Industry, Hotels, Buses and local business will flourish, and even the non believers, rascals like me, wil also start praising the Gurus, as some followers may come and buy from my showroom too.

TV Shows

Babaji does not come onTV, for reasons I don’t understand.So if u want to hear him, u have to go to the grounds to see and hear him.This is cruel

This is like no TV Coverage for a Cricket match, anywhere in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region>, not even a radio commentary, and u have to go to the grounds to watch thematch.

What about the aged and sick followers, who have to be carted in wheelchairs in the milling crowds, whre going and coming will take more hours than the satsang? Why not earn from the TV Stations like Sanskar, besides providing a yeoman service to yr followers, who can sit at home and listen to what u have to say and preach ?

I see so many missed financial opportunities, and we have hundreds of popular Gurus all around the country, some like Asharam Bapu, Sudhanshu, Murari Bapu, the cities they give satsang in,the Number of Planes that can be chartered for their followers, Hotels, and I feel very sad at howmuch money is lost by NOT BEING EARNED,

Harsha dismisses my ideas as the ramblings of an old man( old these days, but ideas of more than 20 years back, when I was young and Gay, today old and Grey), let me see what u all have to say to this idea of mine.

From an uneducated fellow called Kamal.

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji, Babas miss no business ops. Even being a baba is a big business op. Imagine how the afro-haired god from Puttaparthi must be earning to donate Rs 900 crores for water supply to Chennai. Asaram, an erstwhile tongawala from Ajmer makes crores selling stationary, gypping disciples of cash and other business enterprises. The fisherwoman who calls herself Amritanandamayi has her own TV channel. If the Babas still want to augment their income, they can hire you as business consultants.As for Kingfisher, Mallya has his own baba--Ravi Shanker.

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear kamalji,
    whether u are young and gay or old and grey there sure is no dearth of ideas in you....as balajee has suggested the best thing would be to become a business consultant to this baba..why dont u use your vip pass to get some business and leave harshaji to enjoy his discourses... that way both of u can be happy....i can understand your frustration in baba not making his money :)
    regards
    Mindi

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,

Mallay's Baba is no good, as Mallaya is in deep financial troubl;e himself.You need someone robust like me, who in these Meltdown days, gives money making ideas.

Loved yr take on the babas, and i will keep my mouth shut, i dont want a divorce after so many years u see.Big Laugh

Regards.kamal

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

I dont need a penny for my advise.Just think this over seriously, when u have holdiays planned, why not these religious meets, tehj same way, where by everyone makes money.

Extra Cash is always welcome, not matter how much u have.that is why Tata,Ambanis , Bill Gates and others still keep working.

I am not frustrated, it is their loss, i am just opening the eyes of the Wise Babas to some businesss ideas that they have not come across yet.HAHA

And dont u worry, let Harsha be happy, I dont need to follow anyone.HAHA

REgards.kamal

6. uncannybal

uncannybal Senior IL'ite

Kamalji

Terrific yaar. You should start a website 'Kamaljibaba.com'

The services u provide

Listing of diff gurus and dates in each city. This will ensure no clash between Gurujis and two gurujis will not come at the same time. For this u can take a commission from the Gurujis

List of Hotels that will be 'approved' by the guruji. This means not only that the guruji has blessed this hotel but he has also approved TV coverage that will be shown only at these hotels. Even if u go to the grounds u will miss the special good night message that will be provided only at these hotels. This will prevent ppl from trying to stay secretly at cheaper hotels

List of taxis allowed at the venue. They will have radio broadcast of gurujis speeches (so dont try to go by another taxi)

List of Flights approved who will serve meals approved by guruji and give out special leaflets that will tell u the time of the discourse. If u try to use any cheaper flight u will never know the time of the discourse

List of pizza approved by the guruji. Each pizza will be blessed by the guruji with a sprinkling of prasad so dont try to eat anything else

All in all ure website will be a big hit

Santosh
    cant wait for kamaljibaba.com to begin operations

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  7. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Kamalji !! Jai Ho!!Big Laugh

Kamalji I must relate this incident to you. There was this pretty girl in my building , when I was a kid i used to see her often talking to the doodhwala bhaiya.I would often tell me Mom that Anju didi is often seen with the bhaiya. Mom asked me to shut up and not gossip:(
    Well one day as was expected Anju didi eloped with the doodhwala and were traced in Goa , brought back home by her parents and got her married to another guy. Well she seemed quite ok to marry too. Maybe Goa was an eyeopener of sorts. Big Laugh
    Well guess what the doodhwala ended up doing. When I went to the temple the next week I saw him as the panditji, masquerading with a serene face and a plastic smile. There were people callin him Guruji and asking him for his opinion on things. Maine tho us din se doodh peena hi chod diyaBig LaughBig LaughSo if a doodhwala can........then???:spin
    Anyway your post is pretty entertaining. Loved the Fbs too. Shall keep checkin in to read more...:thumbsup

Regards,
    Devika

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Santosh,

why is it that yr comments are always better than my blogs.HAHA
    wish i had known, i would have put these in my blogs and it woul dhave been super duper hit.

Prasad in the pizza eh ! HAHAHAHA

And in the approved hotesl of the baba u will get the initeray etc.So that will discourage people from staying in cheaper joints.HAHAHAHA

Ghazab man, loved thios one.REgards.kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Devika,

Doodhwala being a Guru.HAHAHA.How funny , hilarious and ironical life can be.And how it must have felt when u saw people asking him for blessings and advise eh !HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

But at least u will go to heaven, bcs u believe in some Gods and do pooja path, but me, well the worst heaven is booked for me, for i make fun of each and everything here, i will have to pay heavily.Big Laugh

But so be it.

REgards

kamal

10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji when a tongawala (Asaram) and fishmonger (Amritanandamayi) can occupy a prominent place in gurudom why not a doodhwala? Becoming a Guru is a great way to achieve upward mobility.