IVF Queries and suggestions

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Swatir23, Sep 9, 2011.

1. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Are you taking PIO shots? That can cause cramping.

2. Amani83

Amani83 New IL'ite

I had taken progesterone shots 4 days before the transfer but now taking progesterone vaginal supplements 2 times daily. Can that cause cramps?

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I had terrible, terrible cramps from the shots, not sure if suppositories will do the same. You can check with your nurse.

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Amani,
    Have a word with your gynec or nurse. Hope they will be of some help to you.
    Take care. Eat good & rest well.

Sticky baby dust to all TTC ladies..

5. Amani83

Amani83 New IL'ite

Thanks for all your replies. Anyway I did HPT yesterday and it was negative. Looks like the progesterone supplements are trying to stop the period from coming inspite of the symptoms. So no hopes this time. May be better luck for me next time.

6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

It's not over till the beta test, but it's good to be realistic. The progesterone will prevent your period from starting. It will usually take a few days to a week after stopping progesterone for your period to arrive. Wish you all the best.

7. Vasumathy

Amani,
    You checked the beta levels?
    Hope the best will come to you soon.

Baby dust to all TTC ladies...

8. Amani83

Amani83 New IL'ite

Hi Malstrom and Vasumathy,

Thank you very much for your support.

As expected my beta came back as negative. I was already ready for this as it was a day 3 transfer and I know it has only 35-40% success. Now I am going for another FET right away with my other day3 grade A embryos next month.

Dear all ladies,

My clinic has given me two options at this point:

1. Put 2 embryos this time instead of one.
    That will give me 55% chance of success.
    But there is 20% risk of getting twins.
    And I know some of the ladies who had complications with twin pregnancies so I am little scared about that risk.

2. Choose PGD testing on embryos. In that case my clinic will grow them till blastocysts and do PGD. They gave me the success of 65% and I can avoid multiple single embryo transfers.

But as pgd is a new technology and does not have complete study on risks and future consequences on the babies, I am worried about that fact and dont want to take any risk as we want not only babies but healthy babies.

So I am confused about which option will be better for me this time and unable to decide.
    Can anyone please advise me on this?

Thanks
    Amani

9. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

PGS screening is safe and is routinely recommended to patients at my clinic. I had it done twice during my cycles, and it was very useful in weeding out the abnormals which would never have implanted anyway.
    As long as the person doing the embryo biopsy is skilled there should be no damage to the embryo, as they only extract a few cells. You should be able to speak to a genetic counselor at the lab which will do PGS, and clarify your doubts with them.
    PGS is not a guarantee of success though. It will only improve your odds in that you will know you are transferring a normal embryo. All other factors remain same as before. Also, I don't know how your lab is set up, but mine charges a flat fee for testing upto 12 embryos. So if you send 1 or 12 the cost is same. You will also have to pay the IVF clinic for the embryo biopsy, so keep this in mind. If you don't have a lot of embryos left you might want to consider just transferring them as is.

10. Vasumathy

Amani,
    I had 5 embryo transfer in the last IVF cycle and only one made it during the beta. Its not sure that all will start to grow. In my opinion using 2 embryos is ok. Singleton or twin, both has its own troubles and complications. No one will be able to predict all complications and work based on it. Few things has to be dealt on the way.

But don't you need any gap to flush out the medicine effects before the next FET? Give some time for your body to return to normalcy. Check with your doc on this too.

All the best.

Baby dust to all TTC ladies...