Ivf Need Advise:usa Or India?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Shirli, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Shirli

Shirli New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

i have been struggling with Unexplained infertility issue from 5 years now.
    I had 4 IUI cycles all failed.Last year i conceived naturally but it didn't work out and i miscarriage.

I am already over 35 and it is high time to get IVF done.But i am not sure if it is a good idea to get it from India.In USA the treatment is very expensive and it is difficult to follow up with insurance all the times specially with such emotional procedure.

If someone staying in USA has got this treatment done in India and had a success,Can they please tell us the experience ans also let me know how soon were they able to Fly back after treatment?

How long did the entire process took?

Thanks

Madhaviravikuma likes this.

2. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

Dear @Shirli

I have done IVF in India and US. Success we got in US one. India cost is less but if you have a possibility I would suggest to do in US. Insurance definitely lots of home work and prep works needs to be done, but I feel it is worth it.

Good luck dear! Take care.

KashmirFlower and anika987 like this.
  3. Madhaviravikuma

Madhaviravikuma New IL'ite

4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I too got it done in USA.
    Yes..insurance is expensive but trust me it is very professional and emotionally you will be more in control here I feel.

KashmirFlower likes this.
  5. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

nurses and the technicians gentler, kinder in USA. Even doctor. less waiting times than india for appointments

6. MadhuRK

MadhuRK Silver IL'ite

Hi @Shirli

I went through the IVF procedure here in USA. The doctors and nurses were kind, helpful and thorough professionals. Although you might not have someone waiting on your hands and toes for every injection, scan etc, I felt that I could do it in the comfort of my home and with the required privacy. The clinic was just a 5 minute drive from my home, sometimes we even walked to our appointments. Plus I had a husband who took excellent care of me throughout the procedure.

If you consider your hometown in India as your comfort-zone, and you would like to feel pampered and comforted by extended family (parents, in-laws, neighbors, maids etc), go for it.

Ultimately I would say the answer depends on where you feel at home within.