IVF IN HAMAD WOMENS HOSPITAL-Dr SHAHATA

Discussion in 'Indians in Qatar' started by susheelasunil, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Butterfly04

Butterfly04 Gold IL'ite

Hi faizou,

welcome to IL and to this thread!!

As far as i know, the 1st appointment is just like a consultation & u have to explain ur previous case history to the doc...& after the 1st appointment, they will give another appointment & from that they'll start the actual treatment..
    hope this clarifies ur doubt...

I have my 1st appointment on Jan'12... After tht i'll explain in detail....

strict baby dust to all TTC ladies!!

1 person likes this.
  2. faizou

faizou New IL'ite

Hi Butterfly04,

Thank you for your quick response. I will wait for your appointment details.

See you soon

+ + + For everyone

3. mahiii

mahiii New IL'ite

Hi Everyone!
    I am new in Qatar and i want to go for IVF in Hamad hospital.I have an appointment with Dr lolwa on 20th feb.
    Is there someone to give me info that how long it will take to go for the treatment after first appointment........please if someone has gone through this whole treatment of IVF,let me know.
    and i heard Dr Shahata is the best doctor there but if i get another aptmnt with dr Shahata then i have to wait so long as it will be in april :(
    waiting for the replies.
    thanks.

4. faizou

faizou New IL'ite

hi Butterfly04,

I hope your appointment went well with Dr. Shahata. Sorry to be insistent, but can you please give me details of your appointment and wanted to know also if treatment begins immediately after the first appointment.

thank you very much

See you soon

+++

5. Butterfly04

Butterfly04 Gold IL'ite

Hi Faizou,

Sorry for the late reply.. as i explained before, the 1st appointment is just a general consultation.. watever treatment so far u both have taken, u have to explain abt tht to the dr..
    also pls do carry all ur test results like hsg,laproscopy or any harmone tests watever it may be...u have to carry all the reports along with u..

Actually this 1st appointment is not for IVF...this is into infertility dept..after gng thru ur repots, the doctor will suggest u / explain abt the next level treatment..ie) abt ivf & success rate of the same etc...

At the end of the appointment, the dr will give u a reference letter with his seal.. then u have to go to IVF dept and show tht letter to the ivf dept receptionist and she will give another appointment, from which they start the ivf treatment...
    for tht ivf protocol, could u pls refer Julies post in the same thread..

Link to Julies post: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indians-in-qatar/116739-ivf-hamad-womens-hospital-dr-4.html

PS:
    Along with the medical records of u & ur hubby, u have to carry a xerox copy of both of ur qatar id card, passport copy & ur health card...I believe they have given the information in the appointment itself.. pls do carry tht as well.. also be there atleast 30mins before ur appointment time..
    for this consultation u have to pay 50QRs..it's cash payment and not by card...

Pls let me know if u need any other information..

Strict baby dust to all TTC ladies!!

6. Butterfly04

Butterfly04 Gold IL'ite

Hi Mahii,

Welcome to Qatar & all the best for ur treatment...

as far i know, Dr.Shahatha or Dr.Reem is better..but as u said, getting their appointment is a tiring process.
    after the 1st appointment, it depends on the dr & also depending upon the queue for tht dr, u'll get the ivf appointment. Hope it clarifies..

strict baby dust to all TTC ladies!!

7. faizou

faizou New IL'ite

Hi Butterfly,

Thank you very much for your very detailed answer. I read the protocol followed Julie and I inquired about internet and I know about what treatment I will have to follow in my case.

I also wanted to know if the second appointment takes as much time as the first (3 months)

thank you

I wish you a beautiful + + + +

8. mahiii

mahiii New IL'ite

Hi butterfly,

Thnx for ur concern and I understand what u explained but still have a question same as faizou has :( how long it will take for the ivf dr in ivf department........i mean, to me it may consist on 3to 6 months :(??????

Thx in anticipation.

9. Butterfly04

Butterfly04 Gold IL'ite

Hi faizou & mahii,

As i explained before, it purely depends on the queue for tht particular dr whom u prefer for ivf...
    But as far as i heard, the Minimum time period is 2-3 months after ur 1st appointment....Anyway chk in the reception..

10. mahiii

mahiii New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

thx Butterfly for ur info.
    i have another question to all the ladies out there......is anyone hav any experience with Dr Maha at Doha clinic.they also offer IVF in their clinic,some german experts cum there every month to do the main procedure and for that we don't need to wait so long like in al hamad :( but it is expensive as well.
    what is the total cost for this in Hamad Hospital?

so what u ladies suggest?

Best wishes for all