Ivf And Diabetics Type 2

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by JL123, Apr 13, 2019.

1. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

@JL123 I have type 2 diabetes and had my son through IVF. Your a1c is too good and I don’t see an issue with the treatment. I started insulin couple of months before my embryo transfer, stopping metformin so body could adapt to it. Eventually doctors may suggest insulin during pregnancy as other medications can have effect on baby.

Hope this helps! Lots of baby dust to you.

2. JL123

JL123 New IL'ite

Thanks for the positive reply ma, its giving me a lot of hope. Now my HBA1C is 6.0. I m waiting for my periods, just finished birth control tablets. Mostly next week , will start IVF injections. My AMH is 2.7, how mush was yours? Also how many embryos did they transfer?

3. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

I am happy that you are feeling positive girl. I don’t remember my AMH but it was good only I think. I did a frozen embryo transfer. Took one cycle break after the retrieval. Also doctor suggested single embryo transfer, as with diabetes and multiples there are risks.

Are you planning embryo transfer same cycle or frozen? Which doctor are you consulting?

Good luck

4. JL123

JL123 New IL'ite

If everything goes fine, i think fresh transfer and they were telling they will transfer 2 embryos.