1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I've Done It; I was at the Studio For A Shoot; And it's all because of YOU!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Mar 12, 2012.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Don't worry. Varalotti has not gone nuts. Neither it is the effect of Monday Morning Blues during Advance Tax Season.

As I have been telling you one of my short stories 'FM Radiovum Cell Phonum' that appeared in Ananda Vikatan has been made into a short film. The Director - Nanda - got my number from my publisher and asked for my permission which I happily gave.

The shooting was over and the film was ready to be screened. Nanda invited me to cover over to the studios of Kalaignar TV to be part of the select audience while two eminent Film Directors - Vikraman and Vetrimaaran (of Aadukalam fame) - were there to judge the films.

Oh My God! Shooting for a TV programme is sheer pain. And it is boring too. When the anchor could not get one word right, they had to made her do the entire passage again. And the poor girl, beautiful as she was, has to force upon herself the enthusiastic smile and go through the process once again. This happened several times. Patience is the buzz word in the industry. That was one of the lessons I picked up on the side.

When it was my Director's turn the anchor called me on to the stage and asked how I felt about my story being made into a movie and whether my storyline was changed. I had no hesitation to declare to the whole world through a satellite TV channel, "Yes, there were changes. And the changes made the story even better. If only I had met Nanda earlier I would have written the story with the changes suggested by him."

And then the movie was screened. The direction and cinematography were excellent. Some of the actors had not done full justice to their roles.

At the end of the story the Judges grilled my Director about the film. I was happy to hear that two of the leading film Directors appreciate the "unexpected twist" in the short story.

You can see your dear Varalotti on Kalignar TV, Nalaya Iyakkunar Programme in two, three weeks. I will tell you the exact date later.

Now we come to the interesting part. Why did I say, "It's all because of you." Was it said to please you? Not at all. Now read on.

While I has having breakfast with my Director, the Music Director (for the film) and his friend, I asked Nanda
    "How did you select my story?"

"I was Googling your name and came across this story posted in a site called Indusladies. I happened to read the responses of the ladies. "Oh My God! "Adappavi" "Shocked." And then decided that was the story. Then I went to your publisher bought your book and go your contact details as well."

Got it ladies? Yes, really it was because of you, of your comments, did I get this opportunity. The debt I owe you can only be acknowledged and discharged. And the only way I to acknowledge is to write more for you. And yes, there is another way.
    To say from the depths of my heart, "THANK YOU"

I had told you that April 1st is the date I appear in the Nalaya Iyakkunar show on Kalaignar TV. Yesterday I watched a rerun of last Sunday's programme. There was an advertisement which said that Round 3 starts from 18th March. Which means my show will be on 25th March instead of 1st April, for mine was the second in the round.
    Will you be kind enough to watch the show on March 18th, 25th and April 1st? I am sure to be there in one of them. Sorry for imposing on your time. (all at 10 30 AM in the morning)

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sir,

Congrats !! How I wish i could see it, but no we don't have Kalaigar TV telecasted here, hope there would be copies of the version on youtube or something, or could you please post a recording of the show here on our site??

Congrats again sir!!

Akila

3. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

You are always the best sir.!! Congrats and you deserve even more.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

I am happy appa. I am not active here, neither do I read much these days. I definetly don't know what much is happening here in Indusladies. But one thing for which I am happy is I can see appa sitting here miles away.
    Let me know appa, I can show Mitun and Mithillaa thier grandpa.

Love,
    DD,
    Kavi.

5. StarMom

StarMom New IL'ite

Congrats Sir ! One more feather in your cap !!!

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Heartiest Congratulations, Sridhar Sir:thumbsup

7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hearty congrats Sridhar for another feather on your cap so now u are going to be an actor....that is cool:)
    I know I will not be able to see nor will I understand it. :D

8. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Mabrouk (Congrats) Sridhar! Please record the show and bring it with you to Dubai! You deserve this and much more! We pray to the Lord for you to scale greater heights..Congrats to you and your family.

9. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations Sridhar.....

A great accomplishment indeed but honestly this should have come long before... Better late than never :)

Another feather in your Red Indian cap.... Now, Sridhar this calls for a celebration...don't be a KP in this....:p

10. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

:clap:clap:clap:clap Congratulations sir.

Pl do let us know the timing of the show.. WE will watch it