Iui With One Fallopian Tube Dilated

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by lakshmiprathap, Oct 27, 2017.

1. lakshmiprathap

lakshmiprathap Senior IL'ite

Hi dearies,

I am on TTC for more than 2 years... I have consulted 2 gynos with no success. Took a break of 6 months ... tried naturally no luck... I have my right fallopian tube which is dilated...
    Me & DH are planning to go for IUI... Does anyone have had any success with IUI with one dilated fallopian tube...
    I have done HSG...could you please let me know is hysterolaprosopy required for IUI and what is the IUI process...

2. wish4miracle

wish4miracle Silver IL'ite

I have not come across dilated fallopian tube or hysterolaproscopy but I could find this link where they have explained it.
    Diagnostic Hysterolaparoscopy India | Fertile Hysteroscopy

With respect to IUI, i have done three times. Doc will give you egg stimulation drug like clomid for few days around start of the cycle. They do vaginal ultrasound scan alternate days starting around cycle day 8 till u ovulate to monitor ovulation. On your ovulation day, doc will inject your DH's sperm. U will be asked to take rest for an hour. you can do HPT (urine test) on 14 days post iui.

3. lakshmiprathap

thanks dear for the reply...
    in IUI how do they inject the sperm ... is it done in anesthesia

4. wish4miracle

no its not done in anesthesia. its a five minute procedure where in they put speculum to dilate cervix and insert a catheter to inject sperm. it's simple and painless. it might be little discomfort for first timers and definitely not painful. don't worry about the procedure part. Increase your protein intake for your follicle development.

lakshmiprathap likes this.
  5. lakshmiprathap

do they give any injections...
    I am terrified of injections :crybaby2:

6. wish4miracle

i think they may give hsg injection to make your eggs ovulate. doc follow different protocols and u need to check with your doc about it.

7. lakshmiprathap

thanks a lot dear for the replies