IUI suggestions required, please pour in ur ideas

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sugugiri2010, Dec 9, 2015.

1. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Hi ILs

I am on IUI... PCOS +left tube block
    I have done almost 12 cycles , where i ovulated only 3 times on right and done iui but did not succeed. I have some doubts, please help me.

1.Those ILs who have succeeded in a iui cycle please explain me the methodology used.
    2. How many eggs(not follicle) did u get in the succeeded cycle? is it mandatory to get more than 3 eggs to get success?
    3. did they do double iui every cycle?
    4. how did they monitor follicle rupture, thru blood test or scan?
    5.what kind of exercise is ok prior and after iui?
    6. What food is must and what to avoid?
    7. How did u plan ur IC?
    8.is it mandatory to have ic even after IUI?
    9. what dose of injection do they give, is it like u need higher dosage to get more eggs on both sides?
    10.any other tips are also welcome

i know i have posted too many questions but it will really help me , and many here.. thanks in advance

2. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Even if u couldnt answer my queries any suggestion would help.... pls, am down as i have been ovulating continuously on my left for the past 3 months....in spite of all injections given

3. nityak

nityak Senior IL'ite

for iui one egg is enough , after 18+ follicle size , give injection for rupturing and then after 36 hrs they ll do iui for one time
    they ll put sperms in your utertus using injection kind of ...5 mins proc then relax for 30 mins.
    after iui no need to do IC if you do also i think not much prblm..
    foods to avoid papaya,pine apple,sesame seeds

4. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Hi @sugugiri2010 you said you are on iui and already done with 12 cycles? Are you taking clomid for ovulation?
    For fertilization only one egg is enough. Last year when Iui was done for me, my gynae told me if you can have ic next day its fine otherwise not a problem. Because my follicle rupture used to confirm only by free fluid.

5. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

thanks for ur reply
    i have done 3 iui and am aware of the procedure but one of my friend told its necessary to have more than 3 eggs to get success. i hardly get 2 eggs, and she says in that case u r not responding properly... am little worried,

6. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

i took 3 cycles of clomid, 2 cycles of gonal f injection and 3 cycles of folisurge 75 iu and 4 cycles of folisurge 150iu. but i always get 1 or2 eggs, not more than that,,, my 9 cycles were cancelled in the middle as i was ovulating on my left which has a blocked tube, so i have done 3 iuis and did not get success.

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

IUI protocol is generally giving tablet or injection or both from Day2 or 3 from periods. Monitor follicle growth through Ultra sound some were from Day8 or based on your cycle length until follicle rupture and free fluid seen. Timing single IUI or back to back IUI around ovulation. For ovulation one may be give with hCG injections or wait for natural ovulation. Some doctors prefer to give progesterone supplements after IUI in the 2WW period.

One egg is enough to get you pregnant. Not necessary for 3 follicles. In foreign countries they cancel the cycle if you get more than 2 follicles. They won't allow multiple birth in single pregnancy. Having IC beyond TTC is your choice. If the count of sperm is ok, you can have IC to boost the chances, else leave it..

Injection dose, medicine type are based on the response you give for those. In my choice those 1-2 eggs are good if they mature in time... say around cd12.

You can do simple exercise like walking and regular cooking and household chores... Don't over do or strain yourself.

Being happy, positive is more needed in TTC journey. Eat healthy and stay strong.

Baby dust to all TTC ladies...

8. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

thanks vasu for the detailed reply, feeling little relaxed after seeing your answers. Trying all possibilities to get sucess, just wanted God to be with me supprting me with the decisions and helping me to stay calm. I am sure am gonna share a good news soon...

Hopefully.

1 person likes this.