IUI: Queries & suggestions!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rad, May 13, 2008.

1. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Re: 2nd time IUI ,Is there any chance to conceive?

IUI gives you a chance of pregnancy of 25%. How was your hubby's sperm count?

2. venusbaby

venusbaby Guest

As long as ur dh's sperm count is overall good , i mean in terms of mobility, count and quality(morphology), and u r healhty, IUI's could work well.
    Dont worry if the first one didnt click. There is always a 2nd hope of ray wit this...When i tried my IUI's, i had only one follicle and that too it was not even fully matured (just 19mm) right before i had the insemination.
    But i got pregnant with that just one follicle. So dont worry even if it is only one follicle, chances r good..
    And as pmahensa said, u will have only 25% chance to get pregnant with IUI. Dont get discouraged and be healthy and cool to avoid irritation of the sperms inside after u have IUI's now...
    Wish u good luck

3. Happysoul1234

yah I too had just 1 follicle and my husband's sperm count was less than normal and morphology too .. but we got pregnant on the 1st IUI and have a naughty 10 month old son now

4. hoping4best

hoping4best New IL'ite

back to back IUI

Hi.

Am planning to go for my first mediacted IUI with serophene this month. many of you have advised to do maximum 6 IUI before even considering IVF. My question is can a person do back to back IUI i mean every month for six consecutive months? or is it better to take breaks inbetween to give the ovaries a chance to rest. wanted to have an estimated guess how long 3to 6 IUI cycles will take

Great ful if you can share your experiences.

5. platinumsweet

platinumsweet Gold IL'ite

Re: back to back IUI

HI
    I DONT KNOW TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.
    i have not reached iui.
    dont think negative . you gonna start your first iui, may god bless you there itself. no need to go further. think like that. be positive.
    ani

6. sandy

sandy New IL'ite

Hi All,
    Thanks for the reply.Actually I have 2 follicles in right side, one is good follicle 19mm and 2nd one is 16mm,my husband sperm count is good and motility is 3.6 out of 6.nurse told me that everything is fine..so I hope this month everything will work good...

regards,
    sandy

7. Happysoul1234

Hope it works for you sandy. will pray for you. just remember that despite what the docs say, u do need to be on bedrest after the iui. this is so that your body can concentrate its energies on getting pregnant. so take bed rest for atleast 3-4 days. no excercise after that, just light house work at the most. keep your womb covered and protected from the wind. eat lots of protein (atleast 75 gms per day) to help the conception and also drink lots of warm water. this is what I did and it worked! after a week, you can do light yoga but not too much bending etc. deep breathing excercises help as well as some mental visualization such as the fertilized egg being implanted and growing. make sure take your prenatal, folic acid and a good dha supplement as well. good luck! keeping my fingers crossed for you!

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Sandy,
    Welcome to this forum...

Things looks fine.... Hope this cycle clicks you....
    Baby dust to you....

9. sandy

sandy New IL'ite

hi all,
    2weeks back I had IUI,yesterday and today I am getting brown spotting..i dont know weather it is periods or not..my cycle is 28-30.today is 29th day..
    Today morning I went for blood work to check wether i am pregnant or not..as of now i didn't get any mesage from doc office.i hope it is good news..

can any one tell me what is the meaning of spotting?I am very tensed ..please answer my question

10. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sandy,
    Its difficult to conclude based on brown spotting. Few get brown spotting before periods as a intimation of start. Few ppl got +HPT after brown spotting. So wait for the results from doctor's office!
    Wait patiently!
    Baby dust to you....