IUI: Queries & suggestions!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rad, May 13, 2008.

1. lovely1988

lovely1988 Silver IL'ite

My update..

16dpiui today.. AF due today.. Did not get till now .. Still 5 days To go for testing.

2. lovely1988

lovely1988 Silver IL'ite

Got AF today.. Feeling depressed.. My 2nd iui failed. Have to move for another iui this cycle.. Don't know what god has in store for me. I don't know if I will ever become pregnant.. Losing hope day by day.

3. GLB

GLB Bronze IL'ite

Hi.

Is it necessary for us to do a tube test before proceeding to IUI? My doctor says that if 3 cycles of chlomid+natural try fails then she will do a tube test and only then proceed to IUI. I have never done an IUI before.

4. GLB

GLB Bronze IL'ite

Hi lovely1988

sorry about your situation. please dont lose hope. God will definitely bless us all one day. We need to wait for our turn.

Loads of baby dust to you.

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi GLB,
    Many doctors prefer that way because if tubes are blocked, there are no good improvements with IUI. Sometimes people say HSG clears the tube and gives perfect environment for conception for the upcoming 3-6 cycles. You can give it a try if already all other blood tests has been done.
    Take care.

Baby dust to all TTC ladies...

6. GLB

GLB Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vasumathy

Thanks for your reply. Yes, all other blood tests are done and nothing was wrong. Still have not been able to conceive.

I had an abortion last year July and from then on we have been trying to conceive again, but no positive outcome yet.

Yes, I agree with your point that HSG might clear the tubes. Last time I conceived right next month after my tube test.

But looks like 1 year old tube test results will not hold good now and my doc wants to repeat it again. I am requesting my doctor to proceed with the tube test atleast, but she is waiting for 3 cycles of chlomid+natural try to be over. I am right now in 2nd of the 3 cycles. cant wait for 1 more month to proceed :(

Lots of anxieties and frustrations which is stressing me out. Hope God has some good plans for me.

7. santoshini

santoshini Silver IL'ite

hi radhika
    iui is not painful still if you are so scared you can ask the doctor to perform it under anaesthesia no worries and yes there are quite good chances to get conceived under iui, babies you get are ofcourse quiet normal no issues about it.

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi GLB,
    Sorry about the last pregnancy.
    Tube tests are reliable only for 6 months. You might need to take up after that. You can go ahead with it in after the 3rd cycle. Hope things will favor you before that.
    Stress/tension/expectations are worst enemies to TTC. Try to keep them away! Just trust yourself & GOD. All will go well!

Baby dust to all TTC ladies..

9. DreamWorld

DreamWorld Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies, Generally how do you go for an IUI? Meaning, my doctor is not in supportive of IUI in our case. Because my DH's SA is normal, my HSG test is normal. And its of bcos of PCOS, am not ovulating, but with Clomid and Injectibles, i started responding and ovulating.

But my question is when i asked my doc abt IUI, she is like, TI is fine in your case, lets try like this for few more cycles. But after seeing these two failed cycles, am so depressed:-(. I am thinking why cant we go for a round of IUI?

Please tell me how to convince my doc or is her protocol in a right way? Somehow I feel in my deepest thoughts, IUI would give us positive results.

Regards,
    DW

10. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

We tried 2 months - clomid + Hcg + natural IC. Do you guys suggest we should go in for IUI this month? My doctor has left it to us.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but just wondering if evening prim rose oil has been tried by anyone for increasing cervical mucuos. I have read it in many places, hence asking.