IUI: Queries & suggestions!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rad, May 13, 2008.

1. reshma2010

reshma2010 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Bhavani,

Be positive. Will pray for you!

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhavani,
    What should i say? Life is going normal! Back to normal health too!
    Relax! Stop worrying for the rest of the things!
    Be positive. Eat healthy. Take some rest. Divert your mind in other stuffs & be happy!

Baby dust to all TTC ladies...

3. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Positivehopes28, Congratulations on your BFP. Take care and eat healthy.

Dear Bhavani, All the best for your 2ww. I wish you get BFP :thumbsup

4. raghya

raghya New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    My update:
    I had my first IUI this morning and it went out well.. but i am worried about two things one is my IUI timing and my DH sperm count... i had my LH surge yesterday morning(sunday).. i am using two kinds of OPK's one is internet cheapy test strips and clear blue digital OPK..when i tested yest on 11:00 am OPK strip showed a mostly LH surge and digital showed full negative... i wondered for some time which OPK to believe :hide and thought ok let me do it tomo..some how my mind changed and i tested again after 1 hour the digital OPK showed positive :spin .. thank god, if i have not tested for second time i would have missed it for this cycle.. then i immediately called my doc office spoke to on call doctor since it was sunday and she asked me to call up tomo to schedule an appointment :frown: i was very confused and disappointed that to wait till tomo.. because as i am temping i knew that my temperature will rise the next morning and shows that i ovulated on the day of LH surge.. it happened the same thing this morning too... :drowning and did IUI arround 11:45 am ..
    does it mean i ovulated already ??? any chances of becoming preg by doing IUI after ovulation??
    secondly my DH pre wash total sperm count was 720Million ... post wash sperm count dropped to 10 million/ml .. my doc thinks why there was a huge drop in count after wash..and also she said to take it easy coz 10 mill is still a good count for IUI..... what do you think ladies??? anyone here have come across with same situation ??? plz throw me some light...

Hi Bhavani,

we both are in tww... :) i pray we both get our BFP this month... b/w you are saying they did IUI for you on sunday... i got my LH surge on sunday when i called docter they said labs closed on sunday and wait for monday.. how could they say that???

baby dust to all TTC,
    Raghya

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Raghya,
    Mostly you have been ovulated on Sunday. Since this is IUI, the sperms can easily make it to uterus & then fallopian tube faster. Don't worry. Just relax. Don't add tension to you. But if there is a need for another attempt, try have IC early in these cases.
    Sperms count decreases drastically in post wash? Whether his motility & morphology is bad? If necessary have a check before the next time!
    Stay calm, eat healthy & take care of yourself. All the best to your 2WW!

Baby dust to all TTC ladies....

6. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

Bhavani,

I am doing well. I had a doc appt last week and she did an internal exam (Ouch:hide:) and she said she thinks the fluid levels have increased:bowdown I have a scan in another 12 days and then the exact fluid level will be confirmed!

So you got your 3rd (technically 2nd) IUI done huh........ALL THE BEST Baby! Your future will be a BFP. Keep up the positive hopes. I also conceived with only one follicle....as long as u have a healthy follicle your chances are good. So relax and eat well.

When do u test? I will eagerly wait for your results and PRAY for u dear.:bowdown

Raghya,

The egg reamains viable for 24 hours post ovulation. So its ok if your IUI is done after ovulation till 24 hours. Relax dear.

As Vasu said....post wash counts decrease drastically. A minimum 5ml post wash count is considered good for IUI and u had 10mil....so its not bad at all. U have a good chance of getting pregnant. :thumbsup

Eat lots of protein and milk products. Rest well and dont do any streanous activities.

All the best.

Baby Dust to both of u. I am praying for u Girls!:bowdown:)

TC,
    Priyu

7. raghya

raghya New IL'ite

Thanks Vasu and priyu for your well wishes... :)
    pray for me,ill be praying for you all as well ....

Baby dust...
    Raghya

8. Shanmukhabhavan

Shanmukhabhavan Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]
    Dear Reshma, am so grateful to your prayers, thanks much. You and all Ils are in my prayers too, always…. Hope we get bfp and hold our baby soon……good luck to you….

Sounds good Vasu, that is the most important and concern matter right now… even we are healthy (by god’s grace and touch wood) still struggling to achieve healthy pregnancy, if in case we have any health issues, omg… I cannot image …….. hope you are feeling better, take good rest and good care. Perhaps due to your recent travel made you fell sick, I guess….. take care of your health dear…..

Ha ha worries, I no need to welcome them, they always with me until I conceive and had healthy delivery. God only knows when will be the end day….. until then just hang in there……..

Hey Radha dear, long time no see?????? How’ve you been???? Hope everything’s going on well with you……[/JUSTIFY]

9. Shanmukhabhavan

[JUSTIFY]
    Dear Raghya, I hear you….. the same thing happened to me with my previous (1st iui) because I got positive on opk on Sunday and when I called doc office they said since I told them that I got positive I have to go for IC that night, which generally docs do not prefer IC before iui, they want us refrain from ic from 3 days before iui. but in my case they said so. So I got hcg that night (which was on Sunday ) and had ic and had iui on Monday. So what I understand from my experience is they follow some protocol which is given by hospital management and follow this for everybody, not by their health condition (atleast in U.S), because a few friends of mine told and faced the same way, and also added that here in US, doctors prefer to give weekend schedules to ivf patients it seems. They more concern about ivf but not for iui, that's why if you check any hospital websites or any flyers, they only say about ivf, you only see the information about ivf, not a single word of iui.....

Perhaps they would’ve done this cycle too the same way to me, but I was keep on eating their brains to perform iui early , since there was already a cycle has gone in waste, am not ready to do so with this cycle too, because its my last chance for iui… then I have to move on to ivf…… may be you try ask them do it early in next cycle….. hope you do not need to go for another…….just keep on ask them to monitor and perform iui early, do not care if they are mad at you, definitely they will be, but just you ignore it. because when i did like that i mean asking them again and again my nurse got so much mad on me, and she yelled at me saying, "its not you who decide when should monitor when should do iui for you, but it's the doc who does for patients, please keep that in mind" and she said have a good day and hung the phone up. I again called next day and told the same thing, i did not know what they thought, but at last i was ended up having iui early when i wanted to. So try it......

Coming to the OPKs, generally once it shows +ve, then there would be a chance to ovulate anywhere from 24 hrs to 48hrs. so do not worry, you may have chances.

Generally what I’ve heard is some women’s body takes 1-4 hrs to show the lh surge on a opk stick, so it might happened in your case. Since a friend of mine had the same, when she tested in the morning it showed negative, then later afternoon she got positive. In my opinion clear blue digital one is very accurate, since I was using ovuquick, which was prescribed by my Re (costs $80 for 9 sticks-I know freaking expensive) but I had very tough time to read the results, I had been using this for 3moths, but unable to figure ovulation out, gave it up. but when I used clear blue digital, with in 3 days of usage I got a smiley face (which is indication for ovulation). It’s so easy and accurate.

Yup, 10ml is a count what docs look for, my doc said the same thing. so do not worry everything will be fine dear. Just chillax as your doc said. Hope we get bfps in this cycle itself…… good luck and baby dust….. shoot me with your questions, if you have any…..am glad to answer you as much as I can in my knowledge.[/JUSTIFY]

10. Shanmukhabhavan

[JUSTIFY]
    Dear Priya, that’s great, very happy to hear that the fluid levels are back in track, good luck for the next scan, hopefully again we won’t be in a position of worrying about them…….

Priya, I must say, I always would love to meet two people in this thread for sure, if I at all get a chance to, i.e. one is my dearest Vasu, and another one is Priyu darling. I just fall in love with you two people, don’t get me wrong, I’m saying in a friendship manner, may be more than friendship like a relation as sister. I just admire you both, you are so awesome persons, I bet people around you and friends are so lucky to have you. you really such an amazing souls. I am very touched for your tremendous helping nature. God does not injustice people like you, bad things do not happen to good people. I really hope from bottom of my heart that Vasu and you should be blessed with Lo without any hurdles, atleast now, leave the past.

By the way thanks for your wishes bebe!!!! Here am wishing you the same for your healthy pregnancy. Relax and take rest, everything will be just fine.

P.S: My blood pregnancy test will be on 6/27, Monday, hope and pray hard to get bfp……..[/JUSTIFY]