IUI: Queries & suggestions!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rad, May 13, 2008.

1. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Vasu & friends who have undergone the IUI journey, I have a couple of questions ... few silly too...

1. Do I have to clean 'that' area myself before the procedure( sorry for being so gross , I am actually scared of doing it , even for laproscopy & D&C the nurses did it and I felt really uncomfortable)

2. I am planning to continue with my exercise till D10 of next cycle as IUI might happen after that only. Will stop going to gym after that and may just do mild walking for 30 min or so after a week of the procedure. I hope this should be fine..

3. My dh is not taking any vitamins or natural supplements. I am planning to soak 4-5 almonds overnight make it a paste and give him badam milk instead which he would not deny... i just do not know how to put right things in his head ..

2. kinjal

kinjal Bronze IL'ite

hope this helps.

3. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Sakna,

I agree with Kinjal. Its better if you clean and go. My RE told that to me before hand. You can workout till the IUI day and afterwards take complete rest for 4-5 days and restrict yourself with mild walking for next few days until you know the result.

In addition to Almonds, add one dried fig to that paste, it will give your sweetness and no need to add sugar. You can powder Pista's and add it as topping.

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sankna,
    If you can, clean yourself before going to IUI. But my hospital doesn't ask for such for those IUIs, but asked to clean for IVF!
    Till the day you go for IUI, you can do regular exercises. After a week you can do walking. It will help you not to increase in weight to the bad level! Hope it will not tire you to the worst. Also eat healthy food(more protein) in this period, your body needs it.
    Radha has give you nice suggestion on Almonds. Hope it helps!
    All the best dear!

5. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Kushi, thanks a lot for the reply. I can understand how embarrasing it would have been. Till now I have experienced only 2 people doctor & nurse putting torch light on and looking inside , yuck I used to feel so very ackward initially , but got used to it - do we have any other choice :hide:

Radha, that was an excellent suggestion to soak one fig also , dh is again on official trip starting today , so waiting for the weekend to give him this health drink .

Vasu, yes i am planning to clean before going. I am actually scared these days that once I stop exercise , i may put on weight and go back to square one :crazy

6. Vasumathy

Don't stop the exercises completly! Do regular walking & have balanced diet. These won't increase your weight very badly. Also include more fruits. This is what i did for my IVF! I just put 1+ Kg & coming back to it now!

We can't escape from the process of torch lights & monitors! As girls/ladies, we need to face it. When i used to worry on these, my dh will say 'when you are in labour many people will be next to you watching the progress, you can't feel shy or refuse anything at that time!' Doc's words!

7. Meenags

Meenags New IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

i agree that I should'nt concentrate ont hese symptoms.. but the anxiety levels ooh ! .. thx for that pratical advise...

Hi vasu..

when we do a preg test after IUI.. but i don't feel any of the symptom kind.. in couple of days am due for my periods.. but i have no sign of any early preg symptom at all !!! If I get my periods.. then my doc told me to come on the 2nd of my periods to start the the process of 2nd IUI cycle.. she also tells that i should'nt be in disappointment if i get my periods.... since I just had the first IUI....
    with all that.. i kind of feel low.. that if I get my periods.. which i kind of get an indication. usually i have leg cramping all that.. which i had today.. so depressed ya..

anyhowz hope things are gonna work the 2nd time if not this time.. what else to say to keep myself going on the positive lines..

meena.. :cry:

8. sharanyadevi

sharanyadevi Gold IL'ite

Hi Meena,
    Dont ever trust any of the symptoms. I know how painful it will be when we get periods.. I will get so irritated despite of lots of hope and prayers.
    Just keep in mind that God is waiting for something, there should be a reason for his every action. Whatever it is try to accept, wishes and prayers to you dear.
    The very first time i was totally broken, bcos i had lots of hope, then i started accepting things.
    Pray well and have healthy diet, very soon we will get the result.:):)

9. Vasumathy

Hey Meena,
    Don't expect too much. Expectation would lead to unnecessary stress. Won't do any good. Also don't expect any syptoms.. It varies from person to person & to conditions!
    Divert your mind in other things, don't count on the days.
    Stay positive. Don't loose hope!
    Baby dust to you.

10. Meenags

Meenags New IL'ite

you are right sharanya. .. am trying to keep my spirts high.. and telling myself that things will move postiive... so nice of you to have send me this postiive thoughts.. yes.. so u also went thru IUI. eh.. take care.. sending you lots of wishes..

cheers ! meena..