IUI: Queries & suggestions!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rad, May 13, 2008.

1. Meenags

Meenags New IL'ite

dear vasumathy.. thanks a ton for your kind words.. yes am really praying that things move smoothly.. .. will update post my IUI..

regards..
    meenanags..

2. lalithaelango

lalithaelango New IL'ite

IUI done but????

I have PCOS and in TTC for last 2 years. My DH medical records are ok.

Today i had done IUI. My gyne told that follicles are good. But when injecting she said that my uterus opening is very tight, even i felt very pain. So she puts the sperms outside my uterus like that she said.

Whether this is correct? I am bit confused? Whether there will be success?

Pls help me.

3. tinku

tinku Silver IL'ite

Re: IUI done but????

Usually in IUI the sperms are injected in to the uterus. What is the use of putting them outside the uterus?

As a doctor she must try and put it inside the uterus. But dont worry. If luck favors anything might happen. You might get pregnant this cycle itself.

Also try the Preseed vaginal gel that has been discussed in the forum. Many who have used it have got pregnant within 3 months. I have read about this on the net.

I think it will be successful as many have used. Pls browse the web for details.
    Also there are lots of dietary regimen listed in this forum to get pregnant. Try all these.
    You will definitely find success. I hope you will share your success story soon.

Regards,
    Tinku

4. lalithaelango

lalithaelango New IL'ite

IUI done but????

I have PCOD and in TTC for last 2 years. Today i had my first IUI. My gyne told me that follicles and sperm count are good. But she finds tough with uterus opening. She said that "Uterus is tight". So she put the sperm on the entrance of uterus not inside it.

Is this is correct? Why is my uterus is tight. I also felt severe pain while doing IUI.

I am bit confused? Pls suggest me.

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lalitha,
    Leaving the sperm in vaginal canal itself doen't mean IUI. It has to be put inside uterus. Talk with your doc about this & what she would do if needed for another IUI. Ask her what can be done for the uterus tightness.

Go with weight loss plans, good diet & regulr exercises since you have pcos...
    Baby dust to you.

6. Meenags

Meenags New IL'ite

hi.. vasu.. others..

am back from IUI. last thu and friday.. the procedure went off ok.. starting from last saturday, my doc has given me Susten/Progestorne tables for about 10days .. .. am hoping that things will turn postive ..does anyone has experienced post IUI symptoms.. its my 7th day today.. yesterday i had noticed.. a brownish kind of spotting.. just once in the morning.. what this could be ? :bonk
    am worried.. pl. send in your replies.. soon..

meenanags..

7. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Lalitha,
    The name IUI itself indicates Intra Uterine Insemination - which means injecting into uterus. As Vasu pointed out, please ask her on what could be done on uterus tightness. If possible, consult a different Doctor for second opinion. All the best!

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Meena,
    Just chill down. Those brown spottings can be implantation bleeding. Stay positive. Hope things works out in your favour! All the best dear.
    No particular symtoms which defers from PMS symptoms. Keep yourself positive. Eat healthy. Take care of yourself. Take rest.
    Baby dust to you.

9. lalithaelango

lalithaelango New IL'ite

Thanks tinku, vasumathy & sujanajs for your reply. I think i can go for second opinion. I don't know why they done like this.

10. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

Meena
    My personal suggestion. never concentrate on these symptoms. It will only increase your stress. Take plenty of rest and eat healthy. All the very best and hope things turn out positive in this cycle. loads of baby dust to you