IUI: Queries & suggestions!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rad, May 13, 2008.

1. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

Susan,

Day2 scan is generally taken to see if there is any cysts formed from your past cycle. Sometimes in your previous cycle if the follicle doesnt mature properly and burst out with the egg then it forms a cyst. If u have cysts then they either give medications to dissolve the cyst before IUI or discard this cycle. I also did it on day2. The scan is a little messey as u have your periods and they do a TVS scan. But its ok.....nothing to worry. Its a routine scan every doc does.

All the best for this cycle. U will defnitely succeed this time with IUI.

Baby dust to u.

Vasu,

I actually dont know what he was doing when i was watching cricket becos i didnt feel anything:hide: But am sure he must be thinking.....What the hell is mommy doing?:biglaugh becos all through the match i was strolling across the living room...the tension didnt make me sit at a place. And after the match i got a backpain:rant becos i was standing for so long. I had a good sleep the next day to get rid of the pain. :bonk
    But it was great to see our boys lift the WC. Last time i was In-Transit (Mommy's tummy) when India lifted WC in 1983:rotfl

Priyanka

2. newbee581

newbee581 New IL'ite

He he... cool... but hope the scan went well.....
    But wasnt it amazing to just sit at the corner of the chair watching an amazing match... But India proved it's worth. :)
    Today 10 dpiui... :D Just dont want to think about any symptoms. The moment the thought comes to me, I am thinking of something else. But I have one query if anybody has had the same. I had untouchable pain in the upper left breast for 4 days now. And today very very mild pain started in the upper right breast. I have had breast pains earlier as well before PMS, but both used to pain,though the pain used to always start on the left breast and then the right one in hardly a day's time.
    I am putting myself to office work to avoid any negative thoughts. :)
    Wait and watch. :bonk

3. newbee581

newbee581 New IL'ite

Hey Suba,
    Good to hear that you are feeling better now. Take good rest and as it is summers now, drink a lot of water and Buttermilk if possible.
    Love

4. newbee581

newbee581 New IL'ite

5. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

Newbee,

Breast tenderness is a sign of pregnancy as well as PMS. So dont let it fool u. Which breast pained first is not conclusive dear.
    For me breast tenderness made me feel suspicious becos i never ever had breast tenderness.....so i was like maybe its for pregnancy. But if u generally have breast tenderness as PMS then cant say whether its periods or pregnancy.
    Just another 5days right....sit tight and relax.

All the best. I will pray for your BFP. :bowdown

My scan was fine. Naughty LO!

Priyu

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  6. mompapa

mompapa New IL'ite

Hi Everyone!
    i have been a silent reader of IL....whereby there is not a single day without IL in my laptop.
    today am with a question which is making me:spin. i hope i get an answer to my question...
    am going thru the iui process, last month was first iui and got a BFN.This month is a second try.i have been on clomid 2 tabs from day 4 to day 8, and went for a follicular study on day 11.the right follicle showed 12 and endo 7...RE asked to come on day 13 which is today...they have done blood test and follicle study...follicles on right ovary were 13,10 and left 12, endo was 10.4...RE said will look at blood results and confirm.she called me and told me that E2 was 62 and so asked me to start clomid 4 tabs(50mg each) at night from today for 5 days and come on next tuesday for blood work & ultrasound...
    Did anyone take clomid 2 times in a cycle....is it safe to take so....Doc didnot explain me in a satisfactory way and its eating my brain....i have read that ovulation take place btw day 13-day18 but my next tuesday am on day 20....i hope u undrstood my situation....please let me know ur answers....
    Thanks in advance....
    Supriya.

7. hopesinbaby2010

hopesinbaby2010 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone will be doing good!

I'm back again after my long trip in this pregnancy journey. I have brown blood continously and I went to the emergency. And there they found that I had an tubal pregnancy and they want to remove the tube immediately thru laproscopy.

I'm completely devastated and I cried a lot and my DH asked them not to remove the tube atleast to give any medications to remove the fetus. but since the heart beat was good they cant do anything more and only option is to remove the tube. I had laproscopic surgery and they removed my right tube. Its been three weeks now. I duno what to do next. I cried and cried but there is no answers for my prayers. My in-laws, parents and everyone broke down completely.

I went and met my Gynec again and she forced me to go for IVF. but I'm not ready to take up the process now bcoz my mind and body is not yet ready.

and I asked her how is my right tube? Is it possible to conceive with that tube? Her answer is even my left tube is little bit thick. I thought bcoz of the tubal pregnancy and surgery might be the other tube has become little thick but I duno.

I'm so much worried and I duno what to do next. Pls help me.

8. annavarapus

annavarapus Senior IL'ite

Hi HIB2010,

I am very sorry for your loss.I seldom post in any of the posts now a days,but your post reminded me of my own story.So I jumped in to give my 2 cents.My first pregnancy was also tubal and my left tube had to be removed by laproscopy. We were also very devastated after the loss and that with a single tube we had no clue about our TTC. We tried for about 6 cycles with clomid,then went through couple of iui's with no success.We made up our mind for IVF and went through 2 cycles of IVF with no success. When I was preparing myself for the 3rd round of IVF ,I conceived naturally.It is a miracle for us.So I suggest you to try some IUI's before you take the big leap.You might have to take the help of some ovulation medicines to make sure that you produce some extra follicles and morever the ovulation has to be on the side which has the tube.That's a challenge but it is very much possible with the aid of the medicines.
    The cycle which I conceived,I was on Femara (I was prescribed just to time the cycle to start the IVF in the next cycle) and luckily the active follicles were from the right side and so the ovulation was on the right side and it clicked for us.

Don't lose hope and take some time to recover from the surgery.We didn't try for 6 months after the surgery.You know your body better ,so decide accordingly.Prepare yourself emotionally and physically for the TTC journey ahead.It's totally possible to conceive with a single tube after a tubal and I am the living example for that.You can reach out with any concerns.

My sincere wishes for your Journey ahead.May you taste the success soon.Always remember that there is ample light at the end of the tunnel!!Be positive.

9. Shanmukhabhavan

Shanmukhabhavan Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Hopesinbaby, hugs to you… my prayers and wishes are for you and your hubby to come out of this grief soon…

The first thing happened with me the moment I’ve read your post was rolling down the tears…… there is a reason behind for this I’ll tell you in a moment. I sensed something bad when I’ve first read the very first line of your post….. but when I was going through word by word i felt and could see every scene what you wrote…. so sorry dear, be strong, I know no body or no word will console or will calm you down in this situation…… but just remember we are all with you, and you are not alone who are fighting against ”LUCK” or “KARMA”….. we all are in those lists……. I’m sorry I am unable to write more….. I want to cry as much loudly as I can……

BFN!!!!!!!!!!

Friends, had blood work this morning, and got a call from nurse saying “sorry, your blood work came back negative….” . but that time I did not feel upset, and said oh, it’s ok….. because I was little concern that this first iui will not be going to work since timing was not so convincing, I got positive opk and ewcm 2 days prior to my iui itself which fell on Sunday. So there was no way to get iui done on weekend, and had hcg that night, then Tuesday was iui which I felt too late….. I tested hpt yesterday and the other day, which were negative…. so I prepared my mind fully that its going to be negative so be prepared…. so I did….. this afternoon when I heard it was not success, just stayed calm for 5 seconds and came to normal immediately and called to hubby and said do not worry results came as we already expected, he was happy seeing me so stubborn…. I think somewhere in my heart there is unknown sadness, that’s why when I read Hopesinbaby’s post I could not control my tears….. actually I thought not to post this sad news, but had to for Hopesinbaby…..i do not want to pray or chant any mantras for quite sometime…… need something change for a while……. Today I could not perform even my routine pooja, just said “thanks for the negative result” that’s it……. Sign!!!!! need some time to cry…….. will be back ladies…..after sometime…..

Although I made up my mind for negative result, but still could not digest and feeling something missed….. I think that’s the power of babies……is there any hope that I/we will have a baby or atleast would be happy even having a day before I die......
    [/JUSTIFY]

10. Praying2God

Praying2God Senior IL'ite

So sorry for your loss Hopes, all the best.. rest and prepare yourself before IVF.. the rest in b/w will help
    Also sorry for your neg Shanmukhabhavan, what are your plans for next cycle??

Supriya-- which RE are you seeing in chicago??

baby dust to all
    P2G:bowdown