IUI: Queries & suggestions!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rad, May 13, 2008.

1. rammu

rammu Senior IL'ite

Dear IL,
    Iam ramya age 24yr My DH 29yr.Iam a TTC,I have very irregular periods and PCOS problem my doctor put me on femera in the month of December and I had a pelvic scan on my 12<sup>th</sup> day and found that my endometrial is 11.3mm thick and there is a evidence of ovulation in my left ovary .She advised me and my DH to have contact for three days. But I got my periods after 26 days from my last cycle .She suggested serum analysis for my DH and the report was found as :
    Total count: 145 million/Cumm
    Morphology normal:40%
    Active :35%
    Pus cells: 12-15
    Agglutination:+
    What does this mean?
    Is everything normal for my DH?
    Later now again in Feb. my cycle broke I didn’t get my periods still hardly 40 days passed though my doctor put me on medrigest pill.
    She asked us to come on 2<sup>nd</sup> day of my cycle and advised for IUI .
    Why is this IUI prescribed?
    How much does this cost?
    Please help me clarifying my queries.
    Thanking u,
    Ramya

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2010
  2. annavarapus

annavarapus Senior IL'ite

Hey Ramya,

Your Dh's semen analysis looks normal.I don't see any male infertility factor.Is your ovulation regular?Were you on any ovulation inducing drugs before?Periods may be irregular in absence of ovulation.

IUI is artificial insemination which is a process to introduce the best available sperms into the vagina, using a catheter at the time of ovulation.IUI increases your chances of conception.Injectables/Drugs given for IUI willincrease the number of eggs produced and hence the probability increases.All the best.Do get back if you have any doubts.

3. rammu

rammu Senior IL'ite

Thank u annavarapus.Well, i had femera(letoval) for only one cycle.And in the pelvic scan it was found as endometrium 11.3mm and evidence of ovulation on the left ovary.Later my doctor suggested for IUI.At present iam waiting for my periods which got delayed for more than 40 days by consuming the pill medrigest as given by my gyne.

4. annavarapus

annavarapus Senior IL'ite

The femara is an ovulation inducing drug.I believe medrigest is a progesterone tablet.This is generally given to induce periods if they don't start naturally.Usually after taking this tablet for 10 days or so the periods will start.Dont worry ,IUI will certainly increase your chances of getting conceived.

Did you get a HSG done?This is a test performed to see for any blockages in the fallopian tube.This is good to get it done before you go on with IUI.

5. rammu

rammu Senior IL'ite

Thank u priyanka.can u pl tell me how is HSG done and is it very painful?

6. Kamakshi2009

Kamakshi2009 New IL'ite

Suggestion for IUI

Hello,

We are married for 2 years and trying to conceive for the past 1 year. My age crossed 29 and 30 has begun. My husband had less sperm count and motility and he took injections for that, but still no success. So we are thinking for going for IUI. Can anybody suggest me good and genuine clinic in Chennai for doing IUI? If any of your friends had a success in that clinic, please share the names here.

7. hemachidam

hemachidam New IL'ite

Re: Suggestion for IUI

Hi Kamakshi,

Dont worry.I am not from chennai so I dont about the doc.Less sperm count is not a big problem.

Dont allow him ride 2 wheelers during summer.
    Wear loose clothes.(Inner wear)
    Dont take bath in hot water.
    Take bath for 2 times a day especially in night time.
    Cauliflower is good I think.Avoid spicy foods.

U can follow these simple things and all the best.

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  9. sashi99

sashi99 Senior IL'ite

Hey friends
    I am planning to go for iui next month..but i am little bit nervous abt the pain. Some say it is pianless but i have read in the net that it is quite painful. I had my hsg done under sedation as i was scared of the pain. Now again..iui. Is it very painful? I am taking treatment in Rama Fertilty center. Anyone who had iui there plzz share your expericences and others tooo.:bowdown

10. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hey Sashi,
    It depends on the person who does it & your frame of your mind. If your are relaxed & co-operate the doc, you may find it less painful. Heard from mny its not that painful too! My first IUI seemed to be painful but not the second & third!
    Stay cool!
    Baby dust to you.