IUI or IVF ? Decision Time. Help plzz

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by cin510, May 19, 2010.

1. cin510

cin510 New IL'ite

Hi All...
    these are worst days of my life...i have been ttc for the last 2yrs and came to know that I have PCOS and my DH's semen volume is low. I had my HSG and fortunately the tubes are open!Little relief!!!My RE recommended IUI for us ..So Iam planning to come India(Hyd) for this treatment. But DH cannot stay more than one month in india.I came to know that Semen Freezing is good help in this case. My doubt is ..does IUI really works? After talking to some people in HYD, somehow, I got the impression that they finlly lead us to IVF for money sake (No Offence). So Iam so confused to choose bet IUI or IVF:bonk. If all the frozen semen is used for IUI and if it is not success, whaat iam gonna do?:drowning S0 Iam just trying to get the feedback on IUI which helps me alot.
    Is there anybody here who conceived with IUI?Please share your exp which would help me decide IUI or IVF.Thanks

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Cin,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum.
    You can find our forum guidelines here...

Before trying for an IVF, its good to try few IUIs. IUIs are said to help those have male issues like low sperm count. It has worked to many. So, just chill down & try IUIs.

All the best...
    Baby dust to you...

3. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Yes, couple of IUIs are good before going thro' IVF. But you make sure to get treatment from good clinic and Doctor.

4. umashankari

umashankari New IL'ite

Dear Cin.. Though I haven't done IVF or IUI all i can tell u from my understanding is IUI is helpful for couple with male factor issues... Ur post suggest u r alright though u have pcos that shd not be a prob.. If u do it in a reputed hospital/ clinic am sure u will have better results.. Can't u not get done in US? Anyways if u r sure about the clinic n doc in hyd then go ahead.. But I suggest u speak to doc n talk about ur dh's availablity wud be for a month only n if they can freeze his sperms..
    Don't worry eveything will go alright...
    Goodluck