1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Its not my cup of tea

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Well said Viji Ma.
    Even though My dad is a millionarie never allowed us to even choose our dresses that we want to wear.Theres discipline in each and everything.No bar between up and downs.Rich or poor.From him only acquired the habbit of sharing.
    Even now I used to get the home-made sweets from my Servants which they share with me with affection.
    We bought nothing from our birth:Going to hold nothing in our death.So why to bother about the in between standard of sophisticated life style.
    Ontre kulam oruvane devan.
    Ontre seiyvom:aduvum intre seyvom.
    Its my CUP of TEA.
    Thanks.

2. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear viji,
    Yup, its true.
    Everyone yearns to lead a comfortable life. Nothing wrong in it. But showing vain display is something make us to chuckle. Really silly is'nt it ?
    Very nice post dear. :thumbsup

3. Anuprasan23

Anuprasan23 New IL'ite

Hi viji ma,
    Truly said, some people are like that. Thanks for sharing.

4. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Viji Ma,

All your posts have become my cup of tea. :)

I have seen the super rich sporting simple imitation jewellery as they have kept it all in the locker for the fear of losing / tax probs.

The common crowd talk about & comment, it is very simple but should be expensive, see the diamonds, how nice, etc.

At the same time one of their own friends will come wearing an original diamond stuff and they comment, see it's an imitation and she is showing off, etc.

Perception sometimes leads to mis-conceptions.

There are such people in every walks of life.

Simplicity and many other traits are in the character of a person, the way they were raised and the crowd in which they are associated with.

I am happy that I am asssociated with all of you like minded ILites, who help me polishing my character for the better. :thumbsup

5. vijianand

vijianand Senior IL'ite

Maami,

A post to think about really!!! I think people who show off actually feel insecure about themselves. To compensate for lack of skills , they are being pompous and crave for attention.
    Like ou have said , kids abroad being simple and parents back home showing off, I have and still seeing such people.
    I am reminded of the verse "Aadi adangum vaazhkaiyada". When these people look back and reminisce , only then they realise how much they have lost really!!!!!

Regards,
    Viji

6. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Ganges

I have also heard about what your MIL said. I get irritated when people act as if they were born with silver spoon in their mouth

love
    viji

7. iyerviji

Dear Saroj

Nice to hear about the upbringing of your father. His children are making them proud now and His blessings are always there for you all. You said it right we did not come with anything nor we are going to take anything from this world, only the love and affection shown to everyone will come along with us, but some people dont realise that.

I am proud of you my child for sharing with everyone everything.

love
    viji

8. iyerviji

Dear Meera

I also get irritated when people act funny like this, but some people are like that what to do

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

Dear Anu

Thank you for your fb

love
    viji

10. iyerviji

Dear Nats

Glad to know that all my posts are your cupof tea . Thanks . I agree cent percent with you for what you have replied to my post

love
    viji